READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman FIRST WIP of Sculpt!

What list? :dunno

All jokes aside, I do have a backup of the list, however the list was initially set not for first dibs or anything but rather to show that there was Interest and fast track work, also for the expression while the voting was on I wasnt told earlier that sculpting had begun, so I apologise. As for the expression, I was a little disappointed first but the sculpt has grown on me... if it shapes up the way it already looks, Its Batemans most manic moment... and I like that

I also like the fact that Denny is considering doing another completely different expression sculpt for this. So if people can buy a separate set of clothing they can technically make 2 figures out of one...

By the way I got the demon's head FINALLY today... and my faith and belief and support for them has gone even higher and I will tell you this with no hesitation I have absolute faith in them delivering a masterpiece... and probably the most definitive Patrick Bateman ever...

deckard, the chainsaw execution look is close, youre right, but its not the same as the promo. and on the phone to the lawyer its a different look.
but i will wait to see what happens, i will hope to see a second sculpt, because if they are really planning two then i agree it is a brilliant move to do one of the manic look--in which case i can take the neck off and put it on a kaustic slim muscular and white sneakers. and look for a chainsaw.

and just let me add, I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO IMINIME FOR EVEN ATTEMPTING A BATEMAN. i absolutely love this character and more than most other characters would really like to be as happy with the final offering as possible, as i realize this is probably the only chance i will have for such a cult character.

Amen Alexi.

Deckard I'll post the pic up from the chainsaw scene that you're talking about. I get what you're saying but it is different than the promo. And he doesn't make any close expression on the phone with his lawyer

here are a couple screen grabs of the chainsaw killing

here are a couple screen grabs of the chainsaw killing

The first pic to the left is close enough for me. The only difference he is looking down rather then straight ahead in the promo pic. Sorry, I guess I am just more laid back about this then some. To each their own. Hopefully if he does do 2 head sculpts, it will make everyone happy. Their are too many opinions about this and no matter what he decides to go with, someone will not like it.

When will the real interest list be up? I was excited that I made a spot and now we have to claim it again. :mad:

tonight, i just had to kill a whole lot of people...

Will this be neckless or with a neck?

The first pic to the left is close enough for me. The only difference he is looking down rather then straight ahead in the promo pic. Sorry, I guess I am just more laid back about this then some. To each their own. Hopefully if he does do 2 head sculpts, it will make everyone happy. Their are too many opinions about this and no matter what he decides to go with, someone will not like it.

When will the real interest list be up? I was excited that I made a spot and now we have to claim it again. :mad:

Nothing to be worried... preorders are not in a long time and Im sure if you have the money at the right time, paying at the right time wont be an issue for this, save up for this from now, cause if it IS a 2 sculpt release... I expect it to be much more than their usual $320 releases... I myself will save upto $500 or so just to be safe...

Will this be neckless or with a neck?
The sculpt has a neck and I expect it to be with a neck like most of their releases, however only time will tell what Itll be. Personally I think its a with neck sculpt...

All I know is that axe BETTER be SHINEY!!

Denny did say he's considering a 2nd head for this :dunno

This is great news. Don't get me wrong, the WIP looks great and is a true piece of art. It's just not the one static expression I want to represent one of my fave characters in 1/6. To me, ideally the main sculpt should've been cold stare and a DX option should've been this:

American-Psycho-american-psycho-11068570-402-293-1.jpg

That would have taken a little reworking from the standard sculpt but it wouldn't be a total redo. You can say that this sculpt would be pushing the envolope and doing something different also. And it actually appears in the film.

If he was willing to do a completly different sculpt then they could've gone with something inspired by these, also proposing a challange:

mcdamps-ec020-h-1085206_650x0-1.jpg

PatrickBateman-1.jpg

american-psycho-1.jpg

AmericanPsycho.jpg

The most impressive part of that scene is the Robert Longo and Richard Prince artwork

I'm sorry but even if he did have hat expression with the chainsaw it's a moot point... Was iminime planning on making him naked with a chainsaw? I don't think so

I agree that the promo picture does not accurately depict the character. Promo shoots are usually done before or after shooting he picture often the actor is out of character or the essence of the film has not been conceptually formatted. Ever seen star wars promo pics?

Promo pics aside what bothers me is this, the big thing about 1/6 is it begs for nothing too specific, with all the articulation, Acessories and so forth the very principal of these figures is the freedom of diversity something this figure will not allow. In the case of the laughing joker it was alright because you could pose him on the desk optionally or make another figure out of it, but bottom line is that you still have the perfect basic joker either way.

Correct again Ray.

Not to mention that's the 20th Joker sculpt and this is the 1st real representation that we're getting of Bateman. And the laughing Joker sculpt is to the Joker as cold stare is to Bateman.

It's not just the opinion of a bunch of boardies and myself. Easton Ellis, Neca, Mary Harron and Lion's Gate all seem to think so too:

american_psycho-large_-e1309872739955.jpg

bateman-figure-cult.jpg

ChristianBalePatrickBateman.jpg

PatrickBatemanAmericanPsychoChristianBale.jpg

Patrick-Bateman-American-Psycho.jpg

498_2.jpg

Patrick-Bateman-american-psycho-21219660-500-538.gif

american_psycho_2000_1.jpg

American_Psycho-image.jpg

americanpsycho2.jpg

@ TURBO: The Longo s__t is HOT

@ ULTRAMARKNUS: Bacon??????

But as a huge American Psycho fan, I've yet to see one Wayne sculpt, be it HT or custom, that would be sutible for Bateman. The persona in the expression is COMPLETELY different.
I dunno. Likeness here is pretty horrible, but tell me this guy doesn't look like a psycho!

rORGk.jpg

Forget caricatures like Bateman, this is some Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer **** right here :lol

I just checked iminime website and I like their quality but price is quite pricey for an unlicensed action figure. This will come with two sculpts and a lot of accessories the best way is sold different versions.

My suggestion

Set A
-Screaming expression
-Suit
-Raincoat
-Axe
-Chainsaw

Set B
-Different expression
-Suit
-Overcoat
-Headset
-Suitcase
-Nail gun
-Knife
-Handgun

I just checked iminime website and I like their quality but price is quite pricey for an unlicensed action figure. This will come with two sculpts and a lot of accessories the best way is sold different versions.
They ain't pricey for small run, handmade, unlicensed customs. Check out Rainman's site, where you pay nearly $500 just for outfit, accessories, and a head.

Look guys, Denny did acknowledge that he knows a lot of people are disappointed maybe with the choice of expression... Honestly I advocate a lot for expressive sculpts on every HT and EB and whatever thread, I was really glad that EB chose that fantastic Bruce Lee scream face for The Big Boss etc etc... but yeah I too wanted the smirk for Bateman however Iminime end of the day have the final word. Plus Denny did say he IS considering another sculpt...

So I would just ask you guys to sit back, and relax. And be patient. We all finally have our Patrick Bateman custom in the works... lets just have a little more faith and show our enthusiasm for the narcissist vice-president of Pierce & Pierce

I just checked iminime website and I like their quality but price is quite pricey for an unlicensed action figure.
Either you are joking, or you are new to custom handmade Korean artist works, or you have never owned any of their better figures.

I dunno. Likeness here is pretty horrible, but tell me this guy doesn't look like a psycho!

rORGk.jpg

Forget caricatures like Bateman, this is some Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer **** right here :lol

:lol Henry is a great low budgie flick! I've seen you mention it elsewhere and I was surprised someone else besides my self knew of it(I have the DVD :yess:). You may also like Luther the Geek, Irreversible (subtitles) and I Stand Alone (subtitles). Very different movies but I lump them together for certain reasons.

As that is the weakest of Wayne sculpts, he may be the closest fit for Bateman of them all. But still off to the accuracy freak.

And I want to go on record and scrap everything I said. I just got the memo that BATEMAN IS WAYNE!!!!

Patrick-Bateman-batman1-525x351.jpg

Back