Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalf likes a little ale with his pipeweed.

IMG_0210.jpg

Had time to play around with Gandalf last night and I must say he's the best SST figure I've got so far!
The costume, the accessories, the sculpting... everything is simply beautiful!
My only nitpicks are the color on the HS, on mine it's very pink, the paint on the sword looks cheap and the right ankle is absurdly loose. Otherwise it's simply fantastic.
Truly an amzing figure, and it makes you wish all the others were as well done and sculpted as this one.
It's very sad to see the line die just as it hits a high.

My gandalf repaint.
It's the best sculpt of gandalf the grey.

Wow. Wow wow wow. This is so inspiring, man. I'm so excited to see your repaint! This is remarkablel work, and
I think serves to illustrate how beautiful the original figure really is. Really fantasic stuff. I'm adding your techniques to my own store, and I'm going to hope my Gandy turns out half as well. Top notch weathering.

Yeah tempted to try something, but fear i'll ^^^^ it up.

I am hoping to set up the scene where Gandalf slams Sam on the table at Frodo's Hobbit hole.

Opened up mine today. As my first LOTR purchase he looks really great. Upfortunately, it looks like they went a little nuts with the reddish tint used for the skin tone. They sprayed it up into the left eye area and the result is that it looks bloodshot and the pupil/iris looks dull compared to the other eye. Almost like he has a glass eye or something. :( I've contacted SS for a replacement.

Opened up mine today. As my first LOTR purchase he looks really great. Upfortunately, it looks like they went a little nuts with the reddish tint used for the skin tone. They sprayed it up into the left eye area and the result is that it looks bloodshot and the pupil/iris looks dull compared to the other eye. Almost like he has a glass eye or something. :( I've contacted SS for a replacement.

He was hitting the pipe alittle too much. :D

Mine has very reddish eyes as well, but I'm not too bothered. IMHO, it's the best figure made by SST so far.

Back