Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hobbit in 1:6 could make money as long as SSC manages to strike the anvil while hot and doesn't wait till 4 years after the movie comes out to market figures.

When it comes to this kind of thing it seems like SSC shows up to the party a week after it ended. :dunno

I've only watched that old animated movie of the Hobbit, but I cannot imagine being interested in any figure from that particular story.
Of course, Jackson and Del Toro will add a lot to it, but still...

I'd definitely be in for Bilbo and gollum. Don't forget all the Dwarves that would look pretty awesome.

Also, not really a statue collector but Smaug would be a must :rock

IF Sideshow obtains the "Hobbit" license, I'm fairly certain that we'll only see polystone pieces for that line. I don't see PF's and certainly not 12" figures being released.*

*disclaimer: I may be wrong... :naughty

Other than Star Wars, Sideshow may not even be in the 1/6th market at all by the time the Hobbit appears.

Good chance you'll be getting your Hobbit from Hot Toys... oh wait, they hate LOTR over there. Nevermind.

Medicom. Nah...

Hasbro! That's the ticket. And Plush figures too.

Other than Star Wars, Sideshow may not even be in the 1/6th market at all by the time the Hobbit appears.

Good chance you'll be getting your Hobbit from Hot Toys... oh wait, they hate LOTR over there. Nevermind.

Medicom. Nah...

Hasbro! That's the ticket. And Plush figures too.

And MIGHTY MUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I've been hearing this from many people. Even DD mentioned it a while back.

I hope that's not true... but with LOTR (which seemed like a winner) disappearing it doesn't really speak to confidence in 1/6 offerings.

Is it normal I've ordered a Gandalf figurine last week, and order is still "processing"?

Email em to hurry it up. But yeah it can be normal.

The Hobbit in 1:6 could make money as long as SSC manages to strike the anvil while hot and doesn't wait till 4 years after the movie comes out to market figures.

When it comes to this kind of thing it seems like SSC shows up to the party a week after it ended. :dunno

Without those Weta folks :)rolleyes:) Sideshow could move in much sooner - but I don't know that they would get the license anyway.

IMGP22231.JPG

Man, Legolas would work so much better on a TT i think. Anyone done that?

Totally agree... Maybe once I finish Gimli a TT Legolas will be my next project.

I was just thinking the same thing myself. Legolas looks so awkward because of his tight fitting outfit. I wonder how well the clothes would fit a truetype.

Gandalf is out for delivery today! About freaking time! But then again a wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Back