Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The wait for Gandalf is getting unbearable, but must be strong until next month. Gotta be able to afford Indy, and with getting HT Batman and BR Joker in the next couple weeks, they should be enough of a distraction. Maybe.......must be strong.:cuss

Warrior038 - the custom work on your Gandalf is astounding! :rock

You took an amazing figure and made it look even better. The weathering of the costume is what really sets it off for me. Of course the repaint is top notch, but it's the weathering that puts this figure over the top. If there's one criticism I have about the LOTR line, it's that the weathering must be done on your own because it isn't done at the factory - which for mass produced figures is fine. It's too time consuming for production. But the weathering is what makes the these figures feel like they stepped right off the screen and right out of Middle Earth. Excellent work.

Thank you all for your compliments.

I love this 12" LOTR line. For me it's like a little premium format.

I hate it when people do this...
I haven't even got mine and it already looks dated next to that masterpiece! :lol

my pipe is fine but my moria staff is warped pretty bad. i tried heating it and freezing it and attaching it to a stick and it worked for a few days, but now it is slowly returning to its roller-coaster shape.:monkey2

that looks so friggin amazing give me a premium format that looks exactley like that!!!! you did wonderful total props!

I ordered Gandalf as a 2nd chance on Halloween and I'm just getting his shipping notice.
I read it and he won't be here until the 17th?!?:confused:
:chew

Gandalf arrived yesterday in the late afternoon and the guys at the office forgot to tell me, so I just got him this morning.
Haven't opened him up yet, but I'm extremely excited!

Amazing weathering and repaint warrior038
seriously dude!!]
It looks amazing!!
Do you have Aragorn too? I'd like to see what you've done with it!!

More pics!
you mean like this?

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

Yeah that's sweet, i'm coming over and were hanging just like that! :)

Back