Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resident Evil 6 (PS4).

Just beaten all 4 campaigns for the first time, so I too have 4 things to note about the game. RE6 is:

- An EXCELLENT co-op game.
- A GOOD action game.
- A POOR horror experience.
- A TERRIBLE Resident Evil title. They should have called it "Michael Bay Simulator".

7/10.

Yeah it's not the worst thing I've ever played, but the pedigree of the original trilogy really eclipses and shows what a POS that game was by comparison.

Wasn't Ustanak a ****** Nemesis ripoff? :lol He's **** tier by comparison.

Yeah it's not the worst thing I've ever played, but the pedigree of the original trilogy really eclipses and shows what a POS that game was by comparison.

Wasn't Ustanak a ****** Nemesis ripoff? :lol He's **** tier by comparison.

Everything in the game was garbage. The only reason I gave it a good score is because it's a solid action game, but that's about it. The writing is painful, the characters are lame and uninspired, plot is messy- Sherry's Wolverine powers? Well that went nowhere!

I guess the best thing about it for the RE lore is that the acting is really great, and the branching story is an evolution of RE2.

Everything in the game was garbage. The only reason I gave it a good score is because it's a solid action game, but that's about it. The writing is painful, the characters are lame and uninspired, plot is messy- Sherry's Wolverine powers? Well that went nowhere!

I guess the best thing about it for the RE lore is that the acting is really great, and the branching story is an evolution of RE2.

I think outside of Leon and Ada's campaigns should of been cut, and Helena should of been Claire. The only thing I did enjoy in the actual story was Leon meeting Ada again... but it had no pay off. I did appreciate before Leon and Ada parted ways, they played RE2's Ada theme.

Jake is gahbege.

I think outside of Leon and Ada's campaigns should of been cut, and Helena should of been Claire. The only thing I did enjoy in the actual story was Leon meeting Ada again... but it had no pay off. I did appreciate before Leon and Ada parted ways, they played RE2's Ada theme.

Jake is gahbege.

Jake's campaign was a poor Uncharted 2 rip off, they even had the helicopter and plane scenes transplanted directly from Uncharted, only 1000x worse in every sense of the word. I think RE6's only real saving grace would the the co-op, so other than that I'd rather play Uncharted any day of the week than this.

Now to finish RE0, UC, DC, Revelations and Rev 2- the last 4 RE games I've never beaten. :lol

Jake's campaign was a poor Uncharted 2 rip off, they even had the helicopter and plane scenes transplanted directly from Uncharted, only 1000x worse in every sense of the word. I think RE6's only real saving grace would the the co-op, so other than that I'd rather play Uncharted any day of the week than this.

Now to finish RE0, UC, DC, Revelations and Rev 2- the last 4 RE games I've never beaten. :lol

COOP was fun and the gameplay was smooth, but I mentioned before that you have too much of an advantage over regular enemies with it.

DC is a good recreation of RE2. They really did it justice I think. Wait until you hear UC's Nemesis' robot voice.

Rev1 has a good location as well as a good variety of monsters, but falls apart when Chris shows up later on and it becomes COD. But overall, it's a solid RE title and is much better than RE5-6. Rev2 has a better plot than Rev1, that actually seems like it will lead somewhere and affect the main storyline.

Wow really?! I thoroughly enjoyed re6. Especially after that horrible mess that was re5. I'd give re6 an 7.5-8.0

That atmosphere was fun, I LOVED how each scenario played out so you had to connect and fit them into a singular story line, it was just a blast to play. Nothing beats the originals but out of all the action RE's number 6 is the best.

Resident Evil Zero (PS4)

Had the original release for the Gamecube for decades but was never compelled to beat it until today. While the game isn't bad by any means- the lack of interesting enemies, excessive backtracking and nonsensical story holds it back from true greatness. Beautiful graphics and eerie atmosphere makes it a must play for classic RE fans.

7/10.

Resident Evil Zero (PS4)

Had the original release for the Gamecube for decades but was never compelled to beat it until today. While the game isn't bad by any means- the lack of interesting enemies, excessive backtracking and nonsensical story holds it back from true greatness. Beautiful graphics and eerie atmosphere makes it a must play for classic RE fans.

7/10.

That's pretty much my stance on it. Although I suggest you get the remaster, more work definitely went into that than REmake. Although they gave Billy weird squinty eyes in it.

I really hate the lack of item slots in the game. The grenade launcher and shotgun shouldn't take up two spaces.

That's pretty much my stance on it. Although I suggest you get the remaster, more work definitely went into that than REmake. Although they gave Billy weird squinty eyes in it.

I really hate the lack of item slots in the game. The grenade launcher and shotgun shouldn't take up two spaces.

Oh, I played it PS4, but I can't bring myself to get rid of the GC copy due to being physical. :lol

I thought the characters were severely underdeveloped. Even the ending where they both parted ways, was pretty much Rebecca: "See ya", Billy: "K". :lol

Still a good game though, don't get me wrong.

Oh, I played it PS4, but I can't bring myself to get rid of the GC copy due to being physical. :lol

I thought the characters were severely underdeveloped. Even the ending where they both parted ways, was pretty much Rebecca: "See ya", Billy: "K". :lol

Still a good game though, don't get me wrong.

Honestly, the biggest flaw in the game to me is that there's NO plot whatsoever in it. They're going through the motions, but there's literally no plot from where they meet to where they fight Marcus at the end. He talks about his past as a soldier, but it has no relevance to the situation at hand. It's pretty bizarre for a RE.

Yakuza 0 - 9/10 Best entry in the series. I spent 30 hours playing the mini games alone. Good storyline and likable characters. Having both Kiryu and Majima playable is a big plus.

Yakuza 0 - 9/10 Best entry in the series. I spent 30 hours playing the mini games alone. Good storyline and likable characters. Having both Kiryu and Majima playable is a big plus.

Playing through this right now. Wasn't blown away with the first half-hour or so but then it really kicks in. The narrative and voice work rivals that of a Rockstar game.

Hope they release others as a collection on PS4 as this is the first one I played.

I have played all the games in the franchise when they came out in Japan. Yakuza 0 was released in Japan in 2014, then Yakuza Kiwami (basically a full remake of the first Yakuza on PS2) in 2015, and Yakuza 6 in 2016. According to Sony, we should get Yakuza Kiwami in the US some time in the summer. Yakuza 0 is the best way to start the series imo.

Went out and purchased a few old games I had on ps2 back in the day, I ended up getting pc copies instead and have been flying through them on my holidays. conflict:Vietnam 8/10, the suffering 8/10, the suffering ties that bind 9/10,shellshock: Nam 67 10/10, evil dead: regeneration 10/10.

Back