RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what it felt like when I watched it. Jeremy Irons appearance in a film at this point is pretty much just a paycheck too (even though I still love him in everything--even Dungeons and Dragons). Out of all of them, I think I was more surprised that Marion Cotillard decided to do it. She was better in this than she was in TDKR though. :lol

qyMCAPD.gif

AMERICAN ASSASIN. It move's fast good action flick give a 5.

Leatherface. 2017 I wanted to like this but unsure what i watched other then texas horror its decently scarring gore feel to it move's fast give a 5 also. I dont how this is up when in not out until october but its up on net. I'm still waiting for Pennywise to drop.

IT (2017): 8.5:10

Wonder Woman: 8.5/10

La La Land 5/10

Rick and Morty (S1, S2): 9/10

Vice Principals S1: 8.5/10

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me: Flawless/10

Little Evil: 8/10

Max Payne: 7/10

Kong Skull Island: 6.5 or 7/10

It was entertaining. I think I may have seen in passing criticisms about the dozens of helicopters that seemed to appear out of nowhere from the carrier—and that’s very true! There were clearly 3-4 on the deck, and like 10 plus the huge cargo helicopter come out! :lol

And one pet peeve that I've seen in other movies too: when Kong was in the ankle-deep (for him) water, and a huge squid comes out and he’s wrestling with it—how is that possible with the water so shallow? There is no space for the squid to be hiding under the water there! Same with the giant water buffalo that emerges from the water. Do these mystical creatures have the ability to collapse and become paper thin?

I did like the physics of scale on things like the water. When Kong takes a drink, the water that spills out is like a waterfall. Lots of really nice scale comparison shots too, like the aforementioned water buffalo.

Regardless I didn’t think it was so bad. Interested where the whole “universe” goes from here. Will they all take place in the 70s?

I think Skull Island was set in the 70's partly as homage to the 1976 version and also so that they could set the stage for "he's still growing" prior to fast forwarding 40 years to when he's big enough to take on Godzilla.

Back