RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has never been a film series that took different characters, and brought them together from their own respective movies, all while keeping an established continuity over the course of the entire series. It's an idea that was never thought possible.

Roger Rabbit doesn't count. But it was the closest thing.

Murder By Death. The worlds greatest movie detectives brought together to solve a crime; comedy, yes, but still...

Also..."League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

Oh yeah.... "Destroy All Monsters" too. In fact, lots of Godzilla movies do just this.

I would like to go back and say Rodger Rabbit wasn't close at all.

See, what i'm talking about is, is a series of individual films, made with the intention of a cross over, finally intersecting and creating one singlar established universe between all the films.

Not just cross overs. I'm talking about a planned out movie crossing universe.

I would like to go back and say Rodger Rabbit wasn't close at all.

See, what i'm talking about is, is a series of individual films, made with the intention of a cross over, finally intersecting and creating one singlar established universe between all the films.

Not just cross overs. I'm talking about a planned out movie crossing universe.

I get what you're saying. Like comic books. Like the source. Making a film series in the way Marvel did it is unique for movies, that's true, but they are simply patterning their movie plan the way they pattern their comics.

But the idea of creating "characters" with their own movies and then bringing them all together has been done in many Godzilla films. I'd say that's your closest source. The only difference is that with Godzilla that wasn't the overarching plan from the get-go... but it soon became the plan. Toho also had to build a universe from scratch whereas Marvel pulled from the establish comic universe.

But anyway, yes, its a whole new breed of cross-promotion... and corporate America loves that.

Last edited:
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

Abbott and Costello did it back in 1948. I could probably think of a few others but I'm too tired.

^^ Oh yea, didn't the Fast and Furious beat the Avengers to the punch too by combining the Toyko Drift cast with the original or something like that. :lol this is easier than I thought.

Murder By Death. The worlds greatest movie detectives brought together to solve a crime; comedy, yes, but still...

Also..."League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

Oh yeah.... "Destroy All Monsters" too. In fact, lots of Godzilla movies do just this.

So it looks like Marvel is the most recent and in-depth to do it. Not the one and only.

I get what you're saying. Like comic books. Like the source. Making a film series in the way Marvel did it is unique for movies, that's true, but they are simply patterning their movie plan the way they pattern their comics.

But the idea of creating "characters" with their own movies and then bringing them all together has been done in many Godzilla films. I'd say that's your closest source. The only difference is that with Godzilla that wasn't the overarching plan from the get-go... but it soon became the plan. Toho also had to build a universe from scratch whereas Marvel pulled from the establish comic universe.

But anyway, yes, its a whole new breed of cross-promotion... and corporate America loves that.
I'll give you Godzilla. That might be the closest thing thus far.

Smallville S4 - 6/10

What a mess... Oh well, not gonna sit thro 6 more. Bye-bye, Smallville.

4 is the worst, by a longshot. It does get better after that mess.

There has never been a film series that took different characters, and brought them together from their own respective movies, all while keeping an established continuity over the course of the entire series. It's an idea that was never thought possible.

Wreck-it Ralph. Kinda.

SnakeDoc

Star Trek Into Darkness 8/10 - very good movie, slightly better than the first imo and I liked the first a lot...

Point is....The Avengers is a great film. It's film history. ****ting on it is just a ****ty thing to do.

Whoa... Hold on... Sounds like you are stating that Avengers is a great film as fact. Now just because you liked it does not mean it's a great film. (I happen to agree with you but that's besides the point) ;) As I recall I got a rash of **** for even hinting that IM3 might be a bad film without stressing that it was my opinion. Even then....

Michael Keaton played the same Cop in Jackie Brown and Out of Sight.

Not really what you have been talking about but I always thought that that was cool that they used the same actor to play the same part.

Michael Keaton played the same Cop in Jackie Brown and Out of Sight.

Not really what you have been talking about but I always thought that that was cool that they used the same actor to play the same part.

Yeah, but none of those films have a strict continuity. Sin City doesn't take place in the same world as Planet Terror, nor does Jackie Brown.

It's just a little fun gag. Not really taken that seriously.

I hadn't read back enough to see this. Not true. I'll give you things like Red Apples which are just like Slusho but

Death Proof and Planet Terror. The same exact hospital staff from Planet Terror playing Earl's family in Death Proof when Stuntman Mike is being released from the the first accident. (daughter,son-in-law etc.) All the same characters that go on to deal with the outbreak in Planet Terror.

Pulp Fiction 10/10

there are few and far 10/10 movies. This is one of them ... :monkey1 ...

Love Pulp. Not sure if it's a 10 out of 10 but it's close.

Django Unchained might just be the most boring, pointless, over-long waste of time, piece of rubbish I have ever seen. And I've seen The Hobbit. 3/10

Hey! I loved Both of those films. Two best of 2012 IMO.

Let me guess, you loved Avengers? That was a 10/10 for you :dunno

Avengers is a Solid movie Teddy!! Don't dump on the Avengers.

A Clockwork Orange - 9.9/10

In regards to all that above i guess Teddy feels some movies are made to tell a story (Django, Taxi Driver ect..) whereas others are made just to earn money :dunno

Ahhh I hate this argument. So what if a film is made to be a huge hit. If it's done well then it has done something that is very hard to do. I think making a good Drama is easy. But making a good action, horror, or comedy is much harder.

Avengers is more my cup of tea than Taxi Driver. Das right! I seddit!

I really like Taxi Driver and can say that while it is a better made film I don't like it as much as Avengers.

Whoa... Hold on... Sounds like you are stating that Avengers is a great film as fact. Now just because you liked it does not mean it's a great film. (I happen to agree with you but that's besides the point) ;) As I recall I got a rash of **** for even hinting that IM3 might be a bad film without stressing that it was my opinion. Even then....

Are you still a bit sore over that? :1-1: :lol

Days of Thunder 7.5/10

Great movie with a great soundtrack by Zimmer as well.

Mud - 9 out of 10

My favorite movie of 2013. Of course we're only half-way into this year, but chances are it could remain as my top pick by the end of December. God Only Forgives maybe the contender to change that. The fact it got booed at a film festival for being too violent, has only heightened my excitement for it.

Fast & Furious 6: 7/10

This is the only big popcorn franchise I am somewhat excited to see. I only saw Iron Man 3 because my friend wanted to go and I haven't hung out with them in a while. The Thor sequel does nothing for me. Too many Marvel movies... feels like overkill. Star Trek... meh. Never been much of a Trekkie. I will see it, but I can wait.

So why Fast and Furious 6? It's my guilty pleasure. Half of the time it makes no sense. Sometimes you need that stupid mindless fun ... It's nice in small doses.

Back