Rank the Batman films!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, it is nitpicking because I can find far bigger issue that actually more detrimental to the plot and character in movies like Spider-man 2, a movie I know you’re defending all the time.

tumblr_inline_n4rf53RI3U1qd0lxe.gif

That gif actually reinforces my statement :lol

Not really.

Good examples of the two on film,

- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man 2
- Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight

Bad examples of the two on film,

- Spider-Man 3
- The Dark Knight Rises

So actually, maybe the gif is relevant in that regard. Spider-Man 3 = TDKR! :lol

Not really.

Good examples of the two on film,

- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man 2
- Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight

Bad examples of the two on film,

- Spider-Man 3
- The Dark Knight Rises

So actually, maybe the gif is relevant in that regard. Spider-Man 3 = TDKR! :lol

Didn’t you say you like Spiderman 3?

Guess that means….:lol

I really don't think I could ever properly rank the films as they all (pretty much) have something to offer that makes me love them.

I'd probably have to put Batman 89 and Batman Begins tied for first place and The Dark Knight and Batman Returns tied for second place, very closely behind. Those four are my favourite and are all really closely ranked for me, just depends on my mood and what I feel like watching.

Batman Forever and The Dark Knight Rises would probably tie for third place, both being films that aren't exactly great but I can enjoy if I'm in the right mood. Forever has some fun campy nostalgia for me and Rises has some decent scenes and a few bits I can enjoy, even though the film as a whole was quite a let down for me.

Mask of the Phantasm is fantastic but I've only seen it a handful of times and not for a while, I really need to revisit it.

Batman and Robin I can't even sit through, although I think its probably fine as a kids film, but last time it was on tv I thought I'd leave it on on the background but I couldn't even manage that. It's truly dreadful.

Didn’t you say you like Spiderman 3?

Guess that means….:lol

Is that what you meant originally? Spider-Man 3 instead of 2? Ohhhhhh, that makes more sense. Why are we having this quarrel then.

No, Spider-Man 3 sucks. My post from a while back was that, yeah, it's bad, but not as bad as I remember it. I said something like, if I had to choose between it or the new Marc Webb movies, I'd choose 3. Still doesn't change the fact that it's **** or I was disappointed in it back in the day. If anything, I've just come to terms with it (and can dig the occasional emo Peter scene now and then).

That ain't love and I never really defended it.

Have to say Batman begins for me followed by 89 Batman.

It did a hell of a job of showing why he becomes Batman and why he chooses the Bat specifically, it wasn't just a random choice. In Burton's Batman I don't think there's any reference to why he takes on the symbol of a bat. If memory serves it wasn't until Batman Forever that that was addressed. So I have to credit Begins for that, although I prefer Burton's Gotham/designs etc

To me, it is nitpicking because I can find far bigger issue that actually more detrimental to the plot and character in movies like Spider-man 2, a movie I know you’re defending all the time.

What it comes down to, what ever movie a person likes, they’re willing to forgive the flaws, and vice versa.

I think it's mostly nitpicking because most examples stated in previous pages and other threads are things that don't interrupt the flow of the story. I personally think that the few people that are complaining are the ones that expected something different for the TDKR but didn't get it therefore they bash the movie.

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
(Mask of The Phantasm - Im only counting this as its a theatrical release)
The Dark Knight Rises
All the Joel Schumacher and Burton films fall in the same category for me. Though visually I thought Val Kilmer LOOKED really good as Batman.

The Burton films never did anything for me as a kid too as honestly I think it was because my idea of Batman was already shaped by The Animated Series which did take a lot of visual designs from Burton's film (even the score) but the films werent something Id want to watch again and again or even really liked after watching them?! The Schumacher films too but again didnt like them because they were just too many things I couldnt reconcile with Animated Batman.

TDKR =/= Spider-Man 3

I'd argue Spider-Man 3 is closer to B&R. I have only seen each of them two or three times and have not watched them in their entirety since nor do I ever want to. I've caught snip-its here and there on TV over the years and just cringe at whatever moments they show. They're just bad.

I would think TDKR at worst would be more on par with BF. There's a lot of good moments and elements but overall it's such a mixed bag that either people can overlook its problems and embrace it or get so bogged down with the bad moments that they can't watch it.

With both Spider-Man 3 and TDKR's opening's I felt something was amiss right away.

"Spider-Man day? The city loves him, Peter cheesing because Spider-Man is being hailed a hero?" -Wut?

"Harvey Dent Day? Bruce Wayne is a cripple chilling up in his mansion with a beard and long bow?" - Wut?

It's was one of those weird things where it felt wrong all the way through. Where the last two movies had genuine excitement and surprises, their last installments were baffling and sloppy. It made me question if the movies in front of me were made by the same people that did the first two. Come to think of it, they both open up with reused footage (Spider-Man 2 final swing scenes, TDK extended Gordon speech). Yeah, they're different tones, but that doesn't stop them from being any less jarring.

You know you're in for a world of **** when the plot is relying heavily on flashbacks for plot progression.

With both Spider-Man 3 and TDKR's opening's I felt something was amiss right away.

"Spider-Man day? The city loves him, Peter cheesing because Spider-Man is being hailed a hero?" -Wut?

"Harvey Dent Day? Bruce Wayne is a cripple chilling up in his mansion with a beard and long bow?" - Wut?

It's was one of those weird things where it felt wrong all the way through. Where the last two movies had genuine excitement and surprises, their last installments were baffling and sloppy. It made me question if the movies in front of me were made by the same people that did the first two. Come to think of it, they both open up with reused footage (Spider-Man 2 final swing scenes, TDK extended Gordon speech). Yeah, they're different tones, but that doesn't stop them from being any less jarring.

You know you're in for a world of **** when the plot is relying heavily on flashbacks for plot progression.

Spiderman 3 failed due to ****** writing and unecessary addition of villains. TDKR i felt completed the trilogy on a great note although at times i felt that the scale of the movie was too big which hurt it a bit. I felt that the producers revisiting Bruce's origin as the Batman in TDKR was a cool way to tie up the trilogy and i think it was successful. I also noticed that a few people thought that Batman would still be active after taking the fall for Dent. I personally knew during the ending sequence of TDK where he rode off into the night that he was never gonna be seen again especially after what had happened in TDK.

I personally knew during the ending sequence of TDK where he rode off into the night that he was never gonna be seen again especially after what had happened in TDK.

Bet you didn't see the 8 year thing, John Blake just knowing who Bruce was or "there's a Harvey Dent Act and Gotham is virtually crime free" BS coming though.

Also, I think TDKR contains **** writing and has unnecessary villains. Talia and da League could have been scrapped.

Bet you didn't see the 8 year thing, John Blake just knowing who Bruce was or "there's a Harvey Dent Act and Gotham is virtually crime free" BS coming though.

Also, I think TDKR contains **** writing and has unnecessary villains. Talia and da League could have been scrapped.

The eight year thing i didn't see and i wasn't bothered by it because i understood the reason for it. As for Gotham being crime free, that isn't true. The character of John Blake WAS unnecessary i'll admit and so was Talia but regardless it didn't hurt the flow of the story IMO.

Yeah, wasn't that an awesome move by Nolan, making the Joker victorious. If you realized that maybe you woulda loved it.

Yeah, wasn't that an awesome move by Nolan, making the Joker victorious. If you realized that maybe you woulda loved it.

Thanks for reminding me. You're like the older brother I never had!

rain-man-movies-about-depression-treatment-650x371.jpg

Back