Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PopCultKid;7914273 I know that Father Merrin preformed an exorcism previously (his experience is why they called on him) said:
I WILL convince thee!! The David Copperfield like power of Christ compels me.

You're correct that Pazuzu is never mentioned by name in the movie. The novel makes it more clear from the outset that Merrin has previously encountered the same demon that will possess Regan later on. When he finds the artefact, his inner dialogue says that 'It is happening again' and that he is ready to face Pazuzu 'once more'.*Also, in the book, before the exorcism begins, Regan mocks Merrin and states that he “will not win this time.” Which sets up the idea that Merrin had, at one point, exorcised Pazuzu from another living being in the past.*

[Page 311]"There is one....only one. It is a demon." There was silence. Then Merrin stated simply, "I know you doubt this. But you see, this demon...I have met once before. And he is powerful....powerful".

Anyway, that's my last attempt. Feel like I'm interupting the serious business of people talking about unscrupulous figure flippers and...err...Lakhota rubbing his junk over Bart Simpsons preferred mode of transport.

To be truthfully honest I only saw it once and couldn't even tell you the story, when that ***** starts crawling backwards up the stairs and stabbing herself with the crucifixion that's enough for me.

When did you watch it? The spider walk wasn't even in the theatrical cut. Just a deleted scene that developed a bit of a cult reputation over the years and was eventually edited back in for one of the more recent reissues. 'The Version You've Never Seen' or something like that.

I'm hoping for you too bro. I hope this could stay open long enough for all true fans who really want this to snag it for retail.

Thanks! I don't know if I'd call it one of my grail pieces, but it's definitely something I'd like to have. I'm a bit of a horror hound and The Exorcist is among the best horror movies ever made--in large part because it's so effective at inducing fear in the audience. I can't imagine we'll see anything like this again at this level of quality (certainly not officially) unless Beto takes a crack at it.

I just wish Rainman offered some kind of plan to let you make 2 or 3 payments instead of all at once. I'd love to get this, but I just don't have 1200 at once to do it, and don't see the point of getting either version without the bed...

I second the payment plan idea; however, I understand the myriad problems with allowing installment payments. I'd pay $1,200 for Regan and a bed or even $2,000+ for a DX set, but paying that all at once is tough to swing. Not like I'm poor or funding my 1/6 scale figure addiction and living paycheck-to-paycheck as a result---I'm a collector, so of course I will have money committed to other collectibles. Still, I accept that the seller sets the terms of sale and if I can't meet them, then I won't ask for special treatment and I'll move on to something else.

Man, I oughta be ashamed of myself to forget sweet Luce. Which reminded me of Stewart too.

And I stand corrected on Marla, never realized she only was offered in FS. So I guess this would be the 4th set that only came as FS.

I WILL convince thee!! The David Copperfield like power of Christ compels me.

You're correct that Pazuzu is never mentioned by name in the movie. The novel makes it more clear from the outset that Merrin has previously encountered the same demon that will possess Regan later on. When he finds the artefact, his inner dialogue says that 'It is happening again' and that he is ready to face Pazuzu 'once more'.*Also, in the book, before the exorcism begins, Regan mocks Merrin and states that he “will not win this time.” Which sets up the idea that Merrin had, at one point, exorcised Pazuzu from another living being in the past.*

[Page 311]"There is one....only one. It is a demon." There was silence. Then Merrin stated simply, "I know you doubt this. But you see, this demon...I have met once before. And he is powerful....powerful".

Anyway, that's my last attempt. Feel like I'm interupting the serious business of people talking about unscrupulous figure flippers and...err...Lakhota rubbing his junk over Bart Simpsons preferred mode of transport.

Interrupting? Nonsense! It's perfectly fine to have 5 simultaneous convos going at once :lol

I'm sure that the book sheds a lot more light on certain things that the movie leaves out. I've never read the book so my limited knowledge of what more it offers comes from things I've read online and the special features on the 40th Anni. extended directors cut of the Blu Ray (fans who don't own this, need this The Exorcist Blu-ray: 40th Anniversary Edition | Extended Director's Cut and Original Theatrical Version)

You've definitely convinced me to get the book tomorrow :duff

See, even that part that you bolded was different in the film. That's when Karras is trying to prep Merrin to the background of the case. When he starts to explain and says she seems to have 3 personalities, Merrin cuts him off and says, "No. There is only one". They don't further embellish after that.

It's too bad that they left that back story out because knowing that Father Merrin and Pazuzu have battled before would make the opening scene make a lot more sense

Man, I oughta be ashamed of myself to forget sweet Luce. Which reminded me of Stewart too.

And I stand corrected on Marla, never realized she only was offered in FS. So I guess this would be the 4th set that only came as FS.

Talking of Stewart, I suppose that this isn't even the first time RM has made his own body for a project.

When did you watch it? The spider walk wasn't even in the theatrical cut. Just a deleted scene that developed a bit of a cult reputation over the years and was eventually edited back in for one of the more recent reissues. 'The Version You've Never Seen' or something like that.

Told you I don't know what I'm talking about , those few images are stuck in my head. Could have been a commercial, documentary, or even a photo for all I know. Just creeps me out and makes me wet my diapers .

I just wish Rainman offered some kind of plan to let you make 2 or 3 payments instead of all at once. I'd love to get this, but I just don't have 1200 at once to do it, and don't see the point of getting either version without the bed...

Like I mentioned before, I didn't buy the bed and I am going to display her hovering. So if you really want one, buy what you can afford instead of denying yourself completely.

Wondering if Rainman is open to the idea of modding the legs a bit and adding the sculpted gashes on it! Version 2 really needs that detail.

The suggestion to add sculpted gashes on the legs for V2 and to remove them from the face if V1 was already thrown by him.

I'm concerned about the body holding the lateral arm pose. I could be wrong but I think the string we see in that one proto pic is holding the arms in place. If that's the case we would need the restraint straps to hold the arms down and it doesn't sound like he planned on including them

Well. . .sleep well, all who ordered this one! :thud:

Also, enter to the realm of Satan!
dancing-smiley04.gif

Back