Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

Holy crap! $800-$1000?!

Damn

Might not seem like a reasonable price but when you compare a $200 dollar figure that is mass produced and a Rainman figure that is limited to 15-20 (Full sets). Then you can quickly figure out how much more valuable this will become in your collection down the road.

Rainman will never make this figure again so you don't have to worry about Doc Holiday 2.0 coming out down the road either.

Actually, in passing, Rainman did mention the possibility of a different Doc.

Just chit chat though I guess.

I would happily take a Doc v2 :lol

Of course you would!:FREAK: I personally would not be able to justify two Doc figures and besides I don't see myself still collecting by the time that happens if it ever did. I find a figure is that more special anyway when it's the only figure of the character you have.

Doc didn't wear spurs with that outfit.

Ah I see, very hard to tell if he did or not looking at that scene so I was hoping he had them, would have been a nice addition to the figure.

Head+clothing and clothing sets are undetermined at this point. Have to wait til Saturday. Fullsets are $800 and DX Fullsets are $1000.

So if were not getting those other sets is rainman making more full sets then usual to partly make up for this?, I'm afraid if that is not the case then the figure may be much harder to get.:(

Last edited:

Okay, so are these already sold out? I thought they didn't go up until this 10th, or is this just for VIPs? Maybe it's fate then.

Of course you would!:FREAK: I personally would not be able to justify two Doc figures and besides I don't see myself still collecting by the time that happens if it ever did. I find a figure is that more special anyway when it's the only figure of the character you have.

Yes I agree completely. I tried breaking my rule with having the two Bill figures and no matter how much I love the character and the figures I could only justify having the one. I am over the moon with the Doc we have :)

The Figure looks good! Congrats to those who get to check this off their wishlist!

Last edited:

Okay, so are these already sold out? I thought they didn't go up until this 10th, or is this just for VIPs? Maybe it's fate then.

No we are still ok, they will show up as sold out up until they are actually available to order on the 10th, that is how it has always been.

Again I must ask given that it's only the dx and full set that rainman has put up for order could this in effect slim the chances of non vip's getting the figure as there was only two options for the vip's to choose from, I sure hope he is producing more full sets then usual if he is indeed scrapping the clothing sets.

No we are still ok, they will show up as sold out up until they are actually available to order on the 10th, that is how it has always been.

Again I must ask given that it's only the dx and full set that rainman has put up for order could this in effect slim the chances of non vip's getting the figure as there was only two options for the vip's to choose from, I sure hope he is producing more full sets then usual if he is indeed scrapping the clothing sets.

The standard and dx for the vips has not sold out yet so they will roll over to the 10th. I really don't forsee a problem getting what you want Calci

Holy crap! $800-$1000?!

Damn

yeah....priced my way out of this thread...great work though...

I'm amazed that there are still people who are shocked by Rainman's prices. :horror

Doesn't appear to be on the specs but will be the usual necklace head and rainman sculpted chest scenario in production.

That's a shame, the proto with the neck looks amazing imo. It makes sense to have the chest piece for figures like The Dude and Bill, but I'm all for keeping the neck on the sculpt when it's not necessary to cut it off, as is the case with doc. Speaking purely as an outside aesthetic eye of course, as I'm not buying this figure :)

That's a shame, the proto with the neck looks amazing imo. It makes sense to have the chest piece for figures like The Dude and Bill, but I'm all for keeping the neck on the sculpt when it's not necessary to cut it off, as is the case with doc. Speaking purely as an outside aesthetic eye of course, as I'm not buying this figure :)

Incredibly odd decision, that's a second big disappointment with this figure for me so far, to chop of that neck! for what good reason exactly?:cuckoo:

Do we know for sure the neck is being removed? I was under the impression the scarf would cover any unsightly joint therefore the neck would be included.

O and If he does offer the unpainted sculpt, do they always come with that left over piece from the casting that you must remove yourself?

Please don't take my word as gospel guys!

Was just presuming it would be as per usual.

When I was considering the unpainted head and clothing set I asked rainman if the sculpt would include the neck and he said yes.

I would be very surprised if this is head and neck/chest piece combo considering the scarf is in place to hide any unsightly joint.

True, but look at Wonka. :)

Haha is that neck/chestpiece then bud, I can honestly say I haven't noticed. Well if that's the case I can't see that it matters. Wonka looks that perfect I never even realised

I got it. Magnetised neck post (double sided).

This would be really simple. Keep everything the same as all the other heads (no changes)
but make the head so it fits hot toys neck posts.

The full set would come with a standard neck post (Hot toys)
The DX set would come with a double sided magnetised neck post.

neckpost.jpg

Last edited:
Back