Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

^
^
rainman already mentioned magnet switch out for the dx set Erik, like his narrator.

Presumably Calcifer an teddy were querying about the other sets?

The magnetic neck makes sense for the DX, but I just don't understand why it would be used for the regular fullset. It won't look bad, but a sculpted neck (when the joint can be concealed) almost always looks better imo. He should have gone with a sculpted neck for Wonka too, if you ask me. But nobody is, so I will stop posting criticism in this thread :lol

The magnetic neck makes sense for the DX, but I just don't understand why it would be used for the regular fullset. It won't look bad, but a sculpted neck (when the joint can be concealed) almost always looks better imo. He should have gone with a sculpted neck for Wonka too, if you ask me. But nobody is, so I will stop posting criticism in this thread :lol

i think all feedback is good feedback :dunno rainman doesn't know what people like or don't like about his figures unless people say so. at the end of the day every choice is up to him as the artist, but opinions never hurt, especially as this isn't a criticism of the art itself really, just a small technical part of it. i think it's a good observation.

sorry... i should add, all constructive feedback is good feedback. "rainman, you is ____!" probably doesn't add anything to the thread.

:slap of course I was completely forgetting about the switch out

Well to be fair to Rainman he is going to keep everything simple which I don't blame him for. If the DX has to come with neckless hat head for the switch out then I certainly wouldn't blame him for then using the same cast for the standard release.

I haven't seen if this includes the cigarette?

This would be my ideal pose to be honest. Does anybody have any suggestions for the left hand?

docholliday.jpg

If the DX has to come with neckless hat head for the switch out then I certainly wouldn't blame him for then using the same cast for the standard release.

:/ .. that would be really lame if you ask me, so not only does the dx item seem kind of pointless it also in effect degrades the full set figure!:dunno and yes I do agree with you Teddy and I'd complete understand if he used the same neckless cast but I can help but feel pissed off with this dx item and all the problems with it!:mad:

Teddy a cig would be seriously easy to make yourself, I'm talking toothpick for Comedian easy here!

:/ .. that would be really lame if you ask me, so not only does the dx item seem kind of pointless it also in effect degrades the full set figure!:dunno and yes I do agree with you Teddy and I'd complete understand if he used the same neckless cast but I can help but feel pissed off with this dx item and all the problems with it!:mad:

Teddy a cig would be seriously easy to make yourself, I'm talking toothpick for Comedian easy here!

:lol really I would never have guessed

Re: The cigarette, do you not know me at all :rotfl

I haven't seen if this includes the cigarette?

This would be my ideal pose to be honest. Does anybody have any suggestions for the left hand?

docholliday.jpg

I used a 'bendy' hand to hold my cigarette. Don't know if Hot Toys makes 'bendy' hands.

CBWEDH-2.jpg

:lol awesome guys thank you

Just need a perfect HT hand now

Ya those bendy ones do the job but they looks to shiny and unrealistic, I bet there is a suitable hand out there somewhere.

Ya those bendy ones do the job but they looks to shiny and unrealistic, I bet there is a suitable hand out there somewhere.

what about the Bruce Lee hands, they were available in all kinds of poses.

Here's what I would do. As Hot toy hands are pretty mush easy to switch out, I would just have a dedicated cigarette hand. In other words make it permanent by taking a relaxed left hand, heating it up with a blow dryer and super glue the finger and thumb onto a non-filter cigarette.

Here's what I would do. As Hot toy hands are pretty mush easy to switch out, I would just have a dedicated cigarette hand. In other words make it permanent by taking a relaxed left hand, heating it up with a blow dryer and super glue the finger and thumb onto a non-filter cigarette.
Not a bad idea here.

Back