Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

It look bloody incredible! ..the hat doesn't bother me personally, he just looks to be wearing it a little differently, but I find it annoying Rainman has photoshopped those sweat beads, it's almost rubbing it in our faces what we won't be getting.

Yeh sorry to sound like a broken record guys. :peace

Agreed on the photoshop stuff. Not cool!

It's beautiful in many ways don't get me wrong, I just wish it had been more accurate.

The fullset heads should have some sweat on them anyway. Even just a bead or two! My two cents anyway.

:lecture :exactly:

Please Rainman, make fullsets with sweat beads...even if its subtle!!!

:pray::pray::pray:

It look bloody incredible! ..the hat doesn't bother me personally, he just looks to be wearing it a little differently, but I find it annoying Rainman has photoshopped those sweat beads, it's almost rubbing it in our faces what we won't be getting.

That was the angle I was trying to look at it from so I convinced myself I had to have it :lol

I dont think the sweat beads are photoshopped, I think that's the original proto he made with sweat. When he initially painted the sweat, he did it on the one with hat. But he eventually decided to only do the sweat beads for the non-hat DX. :huh

If its too much work, almost wish he skip the DX for this figure cause its not even gonna be accurate for the scene.

I dont think the sweat beads are photoshopped, I think that's the original proto he made with sweat. When he initially painted the sweat, he did it on the one with hat. But he eventually decided to only do the sweat beads for the non-hat DX. :huh

If its too much work, almost wish he skip the DX for this figure cause its not even gonna be accurate for the scene.

It probably is but it's still annoying seeing those sweat beads knowing they won't be on our figures!:dunno and yea I agree the sweat effect is wasted on that dx sculpt.

Ok well my suggestion is to pm Rainman personally. I can only ever say so much.

I think the next step is to individually pm Rainman and let him know your feelings. This may well make him consider his plans :dunno

No harm in trying

Last edited:

Ok well my suggestion is to pm Rainman personally. I can only ever say so much and trust me I did try last night for you guys.

I think the next step is to individually pm Rainman and let him know your feelings. This may well make him consider his plans :dunno

No harm in trying

Good suggestion Teddy. The thing is, its not one of those features that people go back and forth to see which one is better, or one that they like best. There's always that something on a figure such as which outfit, metal or resin, that people go back and forth. I think its unanimous on this part that everyone who wants the fullset to have the sweat. That was a key feature of Doc in the movie cause of TB. Much more than a metal cup that's not even specific for that scene.

This figure got me thinking again about a question I asked awhile back. Does anyone else find it really odd when you sit down and think about a figure like this of an actual historical figure but it's of an actor that looks nothing like the character? For myself I was thinking about how awesome it would be if someone did a figure of Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln from the upcoming film. And then I started thinking about how weird that concept is and now I honestly don't know if I would want a figure based on the real Lincoln or what's essentially a cosplayer. :lol

This figure got me thinking again about a question I asked awhile back. Does anyone else find it really odd when you sit down and think about a figure like this of an actual historical figure but it's of an actor that looks nothing like the character? For myself I was thinking about how awesome it would be if someone did a figure of Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln from the upcoming film. And then I started thinking about how weird that concept is and now I honestly don't know if I would want a figure based on the real Lincoln or what's essentially a cosplayer. :lol

I hear what your saying but I buy figures based on movies and the character.

I also think I would very much like a DDL Lincoln once I have seen the film :lol

It's funny with Enterbay's Che figure I looked at it and said I wish they would have made a Benecio Del Toro Che. :lol

I think it depends on how recognizable or visibly iconic the actual real life person is, I would not buy a day lewis Lincoln for that reason because the image of the man himself is burned deep into my mind, Doc on the other hand I have always visually associated with Val.

Not a huge fan of the character, but WOW! Superb!

I may be wrong. But the shirt looks blue in the movie.
But if its to late for corrections, no big deal.

DSCF0638-1.jpg

This is a totally different outfit and not the one Rainman is making. This is the shirt he wore at the gunfight at the OK corral.

I have both of Sideshow actual Wyatt and Doc. But as a fan of the Movie Tombstone I think it's great to be able to get the actors portrayal as well. Hopefully we see Rainman tackle Wyatt as well.

Back