Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lee's choices of character are very abstract. Like a pop-culture lottery of unique strange intellectual beings. The Shining was a fabulous movie but does it warrant a figure? I think once I see it I will be swayed. Lee and Denny are a great yin and yang of one other and keep it exciting .

Sent from Jabba's Palace

I've been thinking of trying to start sculpting heads, you think Danny would be a good place to start, I mean hardly any facial features and wouldnt have to do ears either lol

a707a1c0b3920662a5af6d99c8c302e2_zpsbe33b212.jpg

I can feel the hype building deep in my innards :panic:

I've been thinking of trying to start sculpting heads, you think Danny would be a good place to start, I mean hardly any facial features and wouldnt have to do ears either lol

a707a1c0b3920662a5af6d99c8c302e2_zpsbe33b212.jpg

I think the likeness will still be the same feat to achieve as any other, but yes, you are spared the ears :lol

Maybe because it's a prop.

It has been said that Kubrick had placed a lot of homosexual subliminal messages in the movie examples: none of the male character in the Hotel wear wedding rings, the bear scene, the Playgirl he is reading and there are a few others. Kubrick was the king of subliminal filming, he also used a lot of cartoon and fairy tales aspects in the Shining, the road runner goofy, and the placement of Winnie-the-Pooh. There is a lot of continuity issues in the movie where chairs, pictures, items vanish in the next frame but supposedly done intentional. Guy is spooky, there is also a rumor that the blood coming from the elevator has a body fall out real quickly if you slow it down

It has been said that Kubrick had placed a lot of homosexual subliminal messages in the movie examples: none of the male character in the Hotel wear wedding rings, the bear scene, the Playgirl he is reading and there are a few others. Kubrick was the king of subliminal filming, he also used a lot of cartoon and fairy tales aspects in the Shining, the road runner goofy, and the placement of Winnie-the-Pooh. There is a lot of continuity issues in the movie where chairs, pictures, items vanish in the next frame but supposedly done intentional. Guy is spooky, there is also a rumor that the blood coming from the elevator has a body fall out real quickly if you slow it down

This ^. Not a fan of many of his films. But apparently he was a bonafide genius. Plus, "The Shining" turned me gay.

Now that Bill is being delivered, it is getting near that time when we turn our thoughts to Mr. Nicholson.

^ Room 237 ?

Back