Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed with the character design!
Love the way the character was portrayed also.
I still have my ToyBiz version too!!

I'm not sure how they'd make the figure,if it would be similiar in colour to the Twilight Witch King OR they would go the colours of the statue, but all in all a pivotal character to Aragorn and his quest to free the peoples of Middle Earth!!

They would have to somehow incorporate the "green tinge" to the entire figure in order to somehow capture that incorporeal look that was in the film.

A decent King of the Dead would be an instant purchase.
One of the more effective KOTD collectibles out there for conveying the characters translucency is, oddly enough, his funko pop - which has his skull as a solid opaque underlayer and then has a cast of his face on top of it made from translucent green plastic - the effect is really quite good.

One of the more effective KOTD collectibles out there for conveying the characters translucency is, oddly enough, his funko pop - which has his skull as a solid opaque underlayer and then has a cast of his face on top of it made from translucent green plastic - the effect is really quite good.
I was just about to propose this approach so I’m glad there’s something for Asmus to reference out there. It’s really the only way to convincingly achieve the right look.

Just for everyone’s reference (not my picture)

Attachments

• FA64C5FB-C762-4820-9EEB-6F71E6D8F9D5.jpeg
    FA64C5FB-C762-4820-9EEB-6F71E6D8F9D5.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 28
  • 08828CF8-91A8-40BD-BE25-86AC8726C603.jpeg
    08828CF8-91A8-40BD-BE25-86AC8726C603.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 1D7E8789-8C2B-45BB-8C99-7EA164ED2E6F.jpeg
    1D7E8789-8C2B-45BB-8C99-7EA164ED2E6F.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 04D2E43A-8057-4AB4-8C95-2C4DCC2A0DCE.jpeg
    04D2E43A-8057-4AB4-8C95-2C4DCC2A0DCE.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 41
Hi @Asmus ,

Talking about new and old LOTR figures, I was wondering.... Could you please re-stock Theoden? It's a figure that has become extremely expensive in the second hand market, and I have been trying to find it for so long...

Come on guys! Listen to my humble request 😢

lotr-theoden.gif

Last edited:
Hello @Asmus, So when is the 8 inch Azog going up for preorder? Looking forward to him! And conflicting info here, since I asked Asmus on Facebook I believe and they said they are looking to do more characters from The Hobbit, especially dwarves. The Hobbit figures seem to sell just fine, especially ones like Tauriel and Thranduil and Bard. I had to pay third party price and managed to snag Tauriel finally. Please do more The Hobbit figures. You are making an 8 inch Azog after all.

Hello @Asmus, So when is the 8 inch Azog going up for preorder? Looking forward to him! And conflicting info here, since I asked Asmus on Facebook I believe and they said they are looking to do more characters from The Hobbit, especially dwarves. The Hobbit figures seem to sell just fine, especially ones like Tauriel and Thranduil and Bard. I had to pay third party price and managed to snag Tauriel finally. Please do more The Hobbit figures. You are making an 8 inch Azog after all.
Are you sure they are working on an 8” Azog? I don’t recall that

They said a while ago they were working on some 8" figures, I do believe Azog was slated for that line. Not sure if they scrapped the idea or not considering they said they haven't done well with sales on The Hobbit figures.

I have the Lurtz 8 inch figure, and on the back it shows the Balrog and Azog. There’s even images of the Azog figure revealed back at SDCC 2019 you can see. And I’ve been told by As us on Facebook he’s coming, along with other Hobbit characters in development. So that’s why I’m confused about the posts here. Theyve only made like 5 figures from The Hobbit, and the only ones they actually have in stock are Bilbo and Thorin. Bard, Tauriel, and Thranduil are OOP and can’t be got unless it’s through a third party. So I don’t understand the “poor sales” statement. It’s not like every LOTR figure they make is selling out fast. Some are still in stock like Faramir and Eomer yet they’re not giving up on LOTR figures.

I have the Lurtz 8 inch figure, and on the back it shows the Balrog and Azog. There’s even images of the Azog figure revealed back at SDCC 2019 you can see. And I’ve been told by As us on Facebook he’s coming, along with other Hobbit characters in development. So that’s why I’m confused about the posts here. Theyve only made like 5 figures from The Hobbit, and the only ones they actually have in stock are Bilbo and Thorin. Bard, Tauriel, and Thranduil are OOP and can’t be got unless it’s through a third party. So I don’t understand the “poor sales” statement. It’s not like every LOTR figure they make is selling out fast. Some are still in stock like Faramir and Eomer yet they’re not giving up on LOTR figures.
How do you like the Lurtz statue?

I’m not really an opener so he’s still in packages but I think he looks fantastic even boxed up. Great detail. And according to Asmus on Facebook when I messaged them, they said Azog was put on hold mainly due to the 8” line not selling too well currently.

Hi @Asmus ,

Talking about new and old LOTR figures, I was wondering.... Could you please re-stock Theoden? It's a figure that has become extremely expensive in the second hand market, and I have been trying to find it for so long...

Come on guys! Listen to my humble request 😢

View attachment 558163
I second this! He came out at a time when I was debating trimming down my collection, but when I finally decided not to he had sold out everywhere. :(

Back