Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I first thought was a joke...
But are we seriously talking about a Wormtongue figure now...?
I’m going to be honest, I would much prefer you worked on Haldir, Galadhrim, Eowyn, Isildur, Gil-Galad and a new Aragorn over Wormtongue.

But once you get through some other characters I wouldn’t hate the idea of you trying him out in a small run. I don’t know if he’s going to sell big but I think a small run would sell out.

That's a big yes for me. Wormtongue, Possessed Theoden and Denethor (and many others) would be great additions to the line. (And from a production standpoint, I would think they'd be relatively easy, given that they wouldn't require many accessories and have somewhat simple outfits. Well, maybe not Possessed Theoden.)

I totally get that not every collector would be interested, and I'm certainly not suggesting any of these must be the very next figure released ... but maybe if you did a super limited run in a crowd-funded model ...

It kind of blows my mind that we all still have such strong opinions about character choices and release order in a line that's gotta be close to 40 FIGURES DEEP by this point!

Says so much about collector passion, the richness of the source material (books and films) and Asmus' commitment to the line. Love to see it!

Definitely would be keen for him but after Haldir and Boromir and a few other characters like King if the Dead,sure!
How deep were you hoping to go Asmus?

..and with King Theodon already sold out,Wormtongue would also look great alongside possessed Theodon @Asmus or a Crown version of Saruman 😊
main-qimg-fb3dfbdaa8b56a019e4e9c6c3293e2a0-lq.jpg

Haldir is probably the most notable original good guy from the movies who is missing from the line so far. The rest are are mostly army builders (Gondorian soldiers etc.), re-issues / new outfit for existing characters (black gate Aragorn and armoured Boromir etc.) or characters with little screen time (Isildur, Gamling, Gil-Galad, Elendil maybe even a Denethor). Treebeard is sadly likely beyond the realms of possibility. Would love some horses (Shadowfax) and King of Dead is an interesting look.

The bad guys is another story and they are wide open for figure releases. Notable missing characters include Lurtz, Sauron and then you have the second tier characters like Grima Wormtongue and the orc captains (Shagrat, Ugluk etc.) then it’s really the army builders (Uruk-hai scouts, Uruk berserkers, Uruk soldiers, Moria Goblin, Mordor orc, those funky blue skinned uruks - loads of variety!). I’d love a Cave Troll! Mounted Ringwraith re-release, upgraded Witchking with better body and metal armour. A warg rider would be so cool too! Point is the bad guys are ripe for figure potential. Just get Lurtz out there and test our appetite for them.

Back