Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word from Asmus on The Ace Ventura 1/6 figure?? It’s not been cancelled right? If it’s still in production what is the eta on it? I pre-ordered it and I would be super bummed/ saddened if they scrapped it.
Hi, please send us an inquiry mail if you missed the balance notification from our financial team. My service colleague will help you to check your order. Thank you.

Hi @AD Artwork

Aside from Haldir and his Galadhrim archers, many of us are hoping you will make a new version of Eowyn (as the only figure of her is very old and she could really use an upgrade) or another Boromir, either a reissue of his Fellowship outfit with maybe an improved sculpt or perhaps an armored version.

Is there any chance Eowyn or Boromir will be announced soon? Like with Haldir, the collectors will support this release as long as you do a nice job with them. We just hope you are listening to our requests.

Hi @AD Artwork

Aside from Haldir and his Galadhrim archers, many of us are hoping you will make a new version of Eowyn (as the only figure of her is very old and she could really use an upgrade) or another Boromir, either a reissue of his Fellowship outfit with maybe an improved sculpt or perhaps an armored version.

Is there any chance Eowyn or Boromir will be announced soon? Like with Haldir, the collectors will support this release as long as you do a nice job with them. We just hope you are listening to our requests.

Copy that,
I will pass forward the idea.

We are not a big fan of doing a 2.0, it feels kinda wrong to multiply collecting the same characters over and over again...
so we will have Gandalf Crown head and Legolas head ready in upgrade packs shortly.
And hopefully if there is any new version of other characters without too much difference, we will offer the same as well.

Copy that,

We are not a big fan of doing a 2.0, it feels kinda wrong to multiply collecting the same characters over and over again...
so we will have Gandalf Crown head and Legolas head ready in upgrade packs shortly.
And hopefully if there is any new version of other characters without too much difference, we will offer the same as well.
I feel in the case of Eowyn, a second run with some much needed improvements to the sculpt and accessories is certainly justified. Your attention to detail and the quality of the paint work and sculpting of the armour has improved a lot since she was first released and if you could match the level of detail that Eomer and Theoden had, it would be an amazing new release. Also, there are a lot of newer collectors who would want to add her to their collection at this point.

Copy that,

Legolas upgrade? If it’s a much better likeness I would be interested. I would be interested in a better likeness Aragorn as well.

^ ^ Agreed, I’d love to be able to get an Eowyn figure that is at the current level of quality and with a new improved sculpt. Wasn’t collecting the line when she was released first time so I’d definitely buy a new version. Same with Boromir…hoping for a new version or a re-release, even if it’s just a ‘slim’ Fellowship version or something.

Any clues as to who else we can expect to see from the line in the next year Asmus? ;)

Legolas upgrade? If it’s a much better likeness I would be interested. I would be interested in a better likeness Aragorn as well.
I think he means the head sculpt from the Helms Deep set and maybe his armor and sword. That way you can upgrade your original Legolas without buying the new one.

Eowyn 2.0 is my most wanted figure right now so I am an instant preorder for her if Asmus makes her. They have gotten a lot better at making female figures and figures in general since she came out. I would be fine with a other take of her in her armor with the improved chain mail like Aragorn’s or I would also love her in her white dress from the Edoras scene when the wind is blowing.

Copy that,

Thanks, @AD Artwork

For what it’s worth, if the character is popular, people will buy different versions of them. Look at how many Captain America and Darth Vader figures Hot Toys manages to sell.

For someone like Eowyn, it has been many years since that figure has come out. You have made a ton of improvements as a brand and we collectors would like to see you apply those improvements to Eowyn. Whether she is in armor or her dress, it has been so long that she won’t feel the same at all.

Unfortunately, I missed Boromir and would love his figure. I’m sure others are in the same situation and would like if you restock the figure, and upgrades to the sculpt and tailoring will increase sales.

Also, if you’re really looking for new characters to make and not ones you’ve already done, I’m sure many people would like figures of Gil-Galad and Isildur. Just a thought.

I do hope you will consider making Boromir and Eowyn sooner than later, for all your supporters who need the character, or just want to support an upgrade.

Also, if you’re really looking for new characters to make and not ones you’ve already done, I’m sure many people would like figures of Gil-Galad and Isildur. Just a thought.

I do hope you will consider making Boromir and Eowyn sooner than later, for all your supporters who need the character, or just want to support an upgrade.
Sauron too!

Isildur would be incredible. His armour is stunning. It's hard to see all the details usually but having just watched the new 4k version, you can see all the details and it's glorious!

IMG0009 (retouched)(1).jpg

Attachments

• MenRed_1032.jpg
    MenRed_1032.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220119-180551_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-180551_YouTube.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220119-180852_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-180852_YouTube.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 23
Copy that,

Thank you for doing upgrade headsculpts available and honouring the previous talk.

Isildur would be great! I love the detail on his sword. Also he’s going to be in the Amazon series.
14042AC0-3A37-4486-A831-9DA2AF276D55.jpeg

I'm still hoping for a Tauriel 2.0. I think she's also in need of a major upgrade/2.0 given 1) how different the production sculpt came out vs the proto 2) how much better Asmus is at doing rooted hair now 3) Their improved paint apps since that figure was released.

The only reason I'm not jonesing for another figure of her is because she didn't exist in the books, which is fine, but they kind of did her character dirty in the films. Even Evangeline Lilly has gone on record saying they asked to do different things than she signed on for, which was mostly due to the studio and not Jackson, but I guess he wasn't inclined to push back the way he was in LOTR.

Ultimately, I would like them to take another crack at Tauriel because I know they can do better than what we got in that release, but I do hope they knock off a couple of the other characters people are asking for first.

Back