Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to:
690033D4-2F67-4B50-B8A8-AB3931FE7973.jpeg

thank you guys,
we are actually waiting to be sure it is "mass produce-able"
no point we make a mind blowing prototype but it cannot be manufactured.

Sounds like only a question of how long it take to work out the legal stuff then.

No, it sounds like they need to see if their prototype is "mass produce-able", like he said. I assume finding a manufacturer who can replicate the rooting process necessary for Gandalf might be a challenge.

I believe Asmus has their own factory facility, so it sounds as if they're still working out the techniques. The beard and hair are slightly different than Gimli's, so I appreciate that they're trying to work out the best production process. I don't envy their task. Dealing with us can be a pain. We're as impatient as we are demanding! :lol So I appreciate them taking their time with Gandalf.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay a little more for something closer to that proto, but I totally get that not everybody has the same collectibles budget. However things shake out, I'm looking forward to what comes next from this line, though.

It would be heartbreaking not to get a rooted beard Gandalf, but at least we have the excellent one we got.

A couple of additions hopes/requests I have for the new version, if we get one:
1. An improved hat, maybe even a plastic sculpted one. The fabric one is nice, but doesn’t quite look right. It’s also a bit too small and his hair sticks to it.
2. A slightly more silvery (and ‘woolly’... maybe a coarser fabric) scarf. The one we have blends into his robes a bit too easily.

I don't have the original Gandalf so I really want this one.

Ditto! Notwithanding that I also just would love to have a rooted hair and beard version for both Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White for their own sake. Gandalf is the crown jewel of the collection, and that figure really needs to shine.

Ditto! Notwithanding that I also just would love to have a rooted hair and beard version for both Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White for their own sake. Gandalf is the crown jewel of the collection, and that figure really needs to shine.

:lecture I missed the original GtG from Asmus and would love to get a rooted hair/beard version to replace my SS version.

To be honest I’m getting very pessimistic. Seems like they are branching out to other licenses and LOTRs is taking a back seat. Besides Gandalf, who they are saying they may not be able to make, we have seen no teases for months. I hope I’m wrong.

It would be heartbreaking not to get a rooted beard Gandalf, but at least we have the excellent one we got.

A couple of additions hopes/requests I have for the new version, if we get one:
1. An improved hat, maybe even a plastic sculpted one. The fabric one is nice, but doesn’t quite look right. It’s also a bit too small and his hair sticks to it.
2. A slightly more silvery (and ‘woolly’... maybe a coarser fabric) scarf. The one we have blends into his robes a bit too easily.

Not necessary a sculpted hat, but a better fabric one. A sculpted one will never ever fit with so much fabric around it.
I sold both my GtG and GtW within hours after the announcement of the new versions. I hope Asmus won't let me down...

Mr Asmus, your perfect time to chime in...!

m.

I'm not sure branching out to other licenses is a bad thing. They can't survive on LOTR alone. I would think it is a costly, difficult line to produce. They need some other "easy" money to keep them moving forward and improving.

I'm not sure branching out to other licenses is a bad thing. They can't survive on LOTR alone. I would think it is a costly, difficult line to produce. They need some other "easy" money to keep them moving forward and improving.

Baldur's Gate!

Hey, it's my dream but I'm gonna dream it. :pigfly:

Back