Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there's about 8 guys here who would buy it, the ones that have been asking for years.

Star Wars is a much biggest IP, and yet only a few more people have bought Jabba.

Like the man said to the prostitute: size and price, baby

If they can keep him under/at $300 — it’d sell, no problem. If the 400th iteration of Iron Man is selling at nearly $400, don’t see why this wouldn’t sell for that, or less.

I honestly don't need another 1/6th Sauron. I've got the original Sideshow/Weta statue filling in that gap very nicely.

I understand he's not an articulated figure but he is in scale and in the pose that I would have had the figure in, anyway.

And as Wor-Gar mentioned, he is a space hog.

If we're going to get a space-hog, I would much rather get the horse-drawn cart that Gandalf rides into the Shire on, filled with fireworks...

I honestly don't need another 1/6th Sauron. I've got the original Sideshow/Weta statue filling in that gap very nicely.

I understand he's not an articulated figure but he is in scale and in the pose that I would have had the figure in, anyway.

If we're going to get a space-hog, I would much rather get the horse-drawn cart that Gandalf rides into the Shire on, filled with fireworks...

If we're getting any Spacehog then I prefer this one...

If they can keep him under/at $300 — it’d sell, no problem. If the 400th iteration of Iron Man is selling at nearly $400, don’t see why this wouldn’t sell for that, or less.

So true....!

I WANT A 1/6 ARTICULATED SAUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
I want to be able to pose it in the Weta pose! Then in the Sideshow pose! Then while sitting on the toilette! Then taking a leak inside Mount Doom!
OH YEAAAAAH!!!!
ASMUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS!! GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEE!!!!
;-)
m.

Despite the name value, and his very brief appearance, I don't think there are a lot of fans out there who want a $400-$500 Sauron.

It's not just the price, its where to put him... and who exactly does he go with? It's the ultimate 'luxury' figure for the true fan.

Alone, still, tall, ring on finger, weapon in tow, surrounded by a 180º backdrop showing the whole army of the Last Alliance coming at Him....
...oh my...
The (Real) Ultimate Badass... State of the badass art!

I'd be down if within the 400-500 range BUT it had to be regal (metal armour and weapons, properly developed body, reasonable poseability, no implementation screwups, etc).

:)
m.

Heck, I'd even take Sauron's blazing eye atop the Dark Tower. Not sure what scale would work best for that. It's a concept, basically. But it would have to be aesthetically pleasing in proportion to the 1/6 figures.

Oh, man ... Toybiz made one of those back in the day! It had a light-up feature and it talked.

peekaboo.jpg

(Not my pic. Found it on through Google. But I definitely have one of these in a box at the back of my storage unit somewhere!)

Would definitely get a Sauron and I wouldn’t expect it to cost more than $400 if even that. Asmus’ pricing is very fair for the quality of figures we’ve been getting lately. He’ll be super huge though. I’ve got the Weta Isildur statue which includes Sauron’s fallen helmet and it alone is the size of a 1:6 figure’s torso. Space isn’t a huge concern as I’d no doubt position him around my Mouth of Sauron and toybiz Balrog. I’m still hoping for a cave troll at some point but am more than happy to carry on getting regular-sized characters for the time being.
We can still get alternate costumes/full releases for a lot of the fellowship as well;
Aragorn- Helms Deep, Peleanor Fields, Black Gate, Coronation
Legolas- Helms Deep (add on pack w rooted hair head)
Frodo & Sam - Mordor disguises
Merry & Pippin- Rohan/Gondor Armour

Asmus anyway you can let us know how many of these type and regular type Middle Earth figures we can expect per year? I feel like I need to start saving ASAP!

Still just able to get the head on its own for those of us that dont have the budget to double dip on Gandalf?

GTG looks absolutely fantastic. I really like the idea of Asmus producing premium quality 1/6 figures. Someone needs to raise the bar. It sounds like they are really going to focus on artisanship and quality control. Hopefully Asmus will also offer the head sculpts separately for those who want to upgrade older figures. I don't know what the price point is going to be, but will definitely be ordering GTG and GTW.
I'd like to see:
Legolas V2-- real hair and an improved sculpt
Frodo -- real hair (would also pick up redos of other hobbits)
Sauron
Gollum/Smeagol --2-pack
Lurtz
Faramir
Eowyn -- gown version w/all new Miranda Otto head sculpt with improved likeness (I'd pick up a second to upgrade the original)
Miranda Otto Eowyn.jpg

Attachments

• Miranda Otto Eowyn.jpg
    Miranda Otto Eowyn.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Back