Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not expect Throne to be offered for sale so don't get your hopes up :) Bag End was also created with the Bilbo but never offered to the customers due to the very high cost of it.
michael-scott-the-office.gif

Asmus, you have stated that you will be selling the stand alone Gandalf the white head sculpt before you release the grey...
What are the chances that you could use the new Gandalf the white sculpt, haired with grey, for the Gandalf the grey
standalone head sculpts you keep promising,
(instead of the original inferior movable eyes version)?!!

Asmus, you have stated that you will be selling the stand alone Gandalf the white head sculpt before you release the grey...
What are the chances that you could use the new Gandalf the white sculpt, haired with grey, for the Gandalf the grey
standalone head sculpts you keep promising,
(instead of the original inferior movable eyes version)?!!
@Asmus this is a good idea that you should consider

That’s fine, but I was asking for an ETA. Not an update on the production status.
I think that would infer that there isn't an ETA if they sent things back to be refined, which, I think is a good thing. I'm glad they're taking the time to get these figures right now. But it's hard to gauge when these might be available as a result. Hopefully Asmus can shed some light for us.

I think that would infer that there isn't an ETA if they sent things back to be refined, which, I think is a good thing. I'm glad they're taking the time to get these figures right now. But it's hard to gauge when these might be available as a result. Hopefully Asmus can shed some light for us.
You would be wrong. I'm all for them taking their time to get it right too. But Asmus would definitely have an ETA. Factories give ETA's when an order is commissioned (prior to an item going up for preorder). It's no different when there are changes made. Company says "we don't like x or y in the production sample. Do this instead." the factory will then give an ameded ETA to company.

So anyway, I did ask @Asmus , so if they (i.e. @Asmus) could respond instead of you guys giving your opinions, that would be T'awesome. :wave

Yup, thank you. That’s exactly why I responded with that since it was the most recent update that Asmus gave us on that figure.
You would be wrong. I'm all for them taking their time to get it right too. But Asmus would definitely have an ETA. Factories give ETA's when an order is commissioned (prior to an item going up for preorder). It's no different when there are changes made. Company says "we don't like x or y in the production sample. Do this instead." the factory will then give an ameded ETA to company.

So anyway, I did ask @Asmus , so if they (i.e. @Asmus) could respond instead of you guys giving your opinions, that would be T'awesome. :wave

Alright dude, no problem. Was just trying to shed some light on the delay if it was information you weren’t privy to yet. But you keep waiting on that eta :wave I hope Asmus comes through for you

Yup, thank you. That’s exactly why I responded with that since it was the most recent update that Asmus gave us on that figure.

Alright dude, no problem. Was just trying to shed some light on the delay if it was information you weren’t privy to yet. But you keep waiting on that eta :wave I hope Asmus comes through for you
My post came across with more fire than I intended. But this is the "Questions for Asmus" thread after all. :lol

Hey man, just trying to give an educated guess based on how things seem to go. We don’t get answers like we used to. It is a discussion board after all. No need for that.

I do not expect Throne to be offered for sale so don't get your hopes up :) Bag End was also created with the Bilbo but never offered to the customers due to the very high cost of it.
I still don't get why either/or couldn't be cast plastic vs. polystone. I'd pay anyway, vs. the $$$$$ for the Thranduil on Throne WETA had $$$$$$$
Meanwhile, Gandalf head upgrade????????

I still don't get why either/or couldn't be cast plastic vs. polystone. I'd pay anyway, vs. the $$$$$ for the Thranduil on Throne WETA had $$$$$$$
I would buy the throne for sure if Asmus did it, even though I have the Weta TOT. After all you can't have enough Thranduil's lolling about on a throne around ones house!

Completely agree, a high quality plastic would better capture details like wood grain, would be far cheaper to produce (And therefore buy), would be far lighter and therefore cheaper to ship, would be far less fragile and so long as there was some weight to the throne (inevitable given its size) the figure wouldn't tip it over.
For me the option of polystone vs plastic is a done deal - plastic would be by FAR the smarter choice.

Completely agree, a high quality plastic would better capture details like wood grain, would be far cheaper to produce (And therefore buy), would be far lighter and therefore cheaper to ship, would be far less fragile and so long as there was some weight to the throne (inevitable given its size) the figure wouldn't tip it over.
For me the option of polystone vs plastic is a done deal - plastic would be by FAR the smarter choice.
They could always go the Hot Toys route and make it out of cardboard or styrofoam :banana

Back