Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a winner!!

kirk kahn - Random Hero.jpg

Asmus just did a second Legolas and they've expressed a desire to try some new characters, you're probably better off picking up the Helm's Deep version if you need a Legolas figure.

I don't think ROP has been successful enough that they'll pursue the license, but I could be wrong.
OK just finished ROP first season, this show is like a fanfic from tumblr or ao3 . I don’t think theres any chance having figures or statues from the show at this point.

Well this thread suddenly got awesome!!

Yes,
We have Gollum in fainl packaing stage,
GtW is ready in November, Bormir will be a December release if all goes well, and
Very noice! Most exciting!
Thranduil will be in mid Jan.
WHAT?!?!?! Are we actually getting Throne Thranduil :eek: Please tell me its true! If so then there things I will be happy to sell to make that happen.
Seriously its probably my all-time most wanted figure from you by now! :LOL:

I believe there is a Balrog some where for that too.
I'm assuming this is the 11" tall one?
As for the things we are working on for Middle-Earth are the 4 hobbits and Gil-Galad, there is a long list including Saruman the Crown series,
Eowyn 2.0 and Haldir ...etc, but they are all in early designing stage as far as I know. (which means no physical model has been made yet)
Well, ****** me!
This is very very exciting - all those figures are on my wanted list.
Given its a 2.0 I assume the Eowyn is an update of the armored look? Hope so.
Haldir (I know who might be a little excited at that)
I do wonder what look/outfit you will go for with the 4 Hobbits....
Gil-Galad will look majestic AF
Crown series Saruman!!

Its a pretty damn exciting time to be a LOTR fan!

I’m excited to hear about crown series Saruman, I hope he has longer robes and no bald spots as that was my only problem with the first version.

I wonder what accessories we will get with him as the version 1 palantir alter was incredible so what would crown saruman have? … a throne or balcony where he addresses the Uruk hai perhaps?

I’m excited to hear about crown series Saruman, I hope he has longer robes and no bald spots as that was my only problem with the first version.

I wonder what accessories we will get with him as the version 1 palantir alter was incredible so what would crown saruman have? … a throne or balcony where he addresses the Uruk hai perhaps?
Tbh I'd be happy with just a Palantir again since I missed the first release but for older collectors I can understand why they'd want something completely different.

If its a Crown release then it has to have something "more" than the first release.
So with that in mind it has to AT LEAST have the Altar and Palantir, the problem is I cannot think of what else he could come with aside from his throne in Orthanc.

Yeah, other than a redo of the palantir and an upgraded sculpt with rooted beard, it's hard to figure out what he could come with that would differentiate this Crown release from what's come before.

I mean, they could possibly throw in some books or his science equipment? Or maaaaybe a second "action" head sculpt?

Untitled.jpg

But personally, I'd be far more satisfied with just a great sculpt with excellent hair and beard rooting than a bunch of accessories that I don't have room to display. Just my two cents.

Sometimes I wonder if people understand what they’re asking for.

Here is Saruman’s throne in 1/6 scale from Weta…
hr_weta860103269_i_500x500.jpg

Yeah. Just a weeeee bit of a space hog!

If I had my way, I'd just ask for top notch head sculpt with better hair/beard rooting and a more accurately colored outfit. I will always prefer the effort be spent on the quality of the likeness over the number or size of the accessories.

Back