Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: Asmus has corrected their oversight with me.
The missing legs and book just arrived in the post.
They also threw in a sword of anduril for good measure!!!
Thank you to everyone here who has spoken out, and to Asmus for doing the right thing(y)
20220225_121841.jpg

Now if they could just take care of lordnastrond...

Thank you to everyone here who has spoken out, and to Asmus for doing the right thing(y)
View attachment 564365

Happy to see this, scumonkey!!
Finally! (y)

Now I hope @lordnastrond's issue is also being solved.
Also if possible, to send the right replacement arms for @Stryker2011 👌

View attachment 564365

Good job, Asmus. Keep it up!

View attachment 564365

This is great to see. Thank you @Asmus, we appreciate you taking care of us. I know the negativity can be tough but I do hope you can understand the frustration over issues like these. Thank you for supporting us - we will continue to be your biggest supporters over here as well.

I also hope you can help out @lordnastrond next. He's been a great supporter of your line and very enthusiastic about the ideas we've been putting out there, he deserves a little help!

View attachment 564365

So good to see. I’m glad Asmus were able to fix your issue, and good on them for the bonus sword!

View attachment 564365

Are those the legs to Arwen’s sofa piece?

Anyone a little disappointed that it's been radio silence from Asmus for two weeks now?

When they were interacting with us for those several weeks to start the year, there was so much buzz in these threads. Tons of support for Asmus and their LOTR line, tons of new ideas being pitched, even a few customer problems being solved. There was more happening here than in the Star Wars threads.

I hope Asmus comes back and chats with us soon. I'm sure for them, as a company, it has to be encouraging to see so much talk about your products. I hope they don't let that flame die out.

^ I am…it has gone a bit quiet in this section of the forum. :(

Hopefully it’s because Asmus are working on something awesome! 🤞

Unfortunately, I think they have been quite busy behind the scenes dealing with the evil dead figure. Didn't Asmus also say that they weren't going to really do prototypes anymore and that we would only ever see the production figure from now on (or did I dream that lol!)... that could explain why they can only show off so much now. I hope they do come back and share more with us though as it has created some fun buzz for this corner of the fandom.

Unfortunately, I think they have been quite busy behind the scenes dealing with the evil dead figure. Didn't Asmus also say that they weren't going to really do prototypes anymore and that we would only ever see the production figure from now on (or did I dream that lol!)... that could explain why they can only show off so much now. I hope they do come back and share more with us though as it has created some fun buzz for this corner of the fandom.
Sort of. They did say they wouldn't be showing prototypes anymore and just final products because they needed to get a handle on the negative PR that had been going around the hobby concerning them.

But they did show up the Boromir and Gandalf the White sculpts after that, and confirmed Haldir is coming, all while say they had more things planned for 2022, so I was under the impression that they would keep communication with us here. Especially since we have been supportive of them during a difficult time.

I guess we'll see how things go moving forward, but they really have nothing to lose by having a presence here.

Anyone a little disappointed that it's been radio silence from Asmus for two weeks now?

When they were interacting with us for those several weeks to start the year, there was so much buzz in these threads. Tons of support for Asmus and their LOTR line, tons of new ideas being pitched, even a few customer problems being solved. There was more happening here than in the Star Wars threads.

I hope Asmus comes back and chats with us soon. I'm sure for them, as a company, it has to be encouraging to see so much talk about your products. I hope they don't let that flame die out.
Nah, I figure like anyone coming off a holiday they're busy, and Chinese New Year just wound up. Plus who knows what ripple effects the Ukraine situation is having along with Covid, as far as lining up production and shipping.
Running a company is probably a pain in the *&^.

Yes, thank you,
it is exactly the reason,
we have been over loaded with emails and orders,
and there is no way we can find a quick fit in for this kind of jobs (customer service/orders)
so we can only use the man power we have to work over time to digest it.

sorry, I will try to come online as often as I can

Glad you are doing well. Sorry to hear about all of the chaos. Hopefully you are almost out of the weeds with that situation. We will be here to support you when things calm down.

I'm not sure if this is the right place due to all the negativity in the Ash thread, but I just want to share my crummy experience. I requested my local supplier that I would like to cancel the Ash figure due to how different the figure looked from the prototype and for weeks my supplier told me they'll get in touch with Asmus. Today I was instructed to pay up my remaining balance as the figure is now in stock and when I asked what happened to my cancellation request, my supplier said it was denied by Asmus. This exchange was forwarded to me today.

thumbnail.png

Now let's make this clear, I'm not here to attack anyone (don't we have enough of that on the Ash thread?) but we can all at least can all agree that the final product was not equal to what what promised and the figure came out average at best, hence why I requested to cancel. Now I'm not sure what to do-- pay up or loose my deposit. I've been collecting 1/6 figures since 2004 and this is the first time something like this has happened and I feel extremely uncomfortable, like as a consumer I don't have any say in the matter and I should accept the downgraded product or pay the consequences.

So it is what it is then, I might just get it and sell it to make my money back, but this has certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I was very interested in getting the Devil May Cry figures but I think I've learned my lesson.

I'm not sure if this is the right place due to all the negativity in the Ash thread, but I just want to share my crummy experience. I requested my local supplier that I would like to cancel the Ash figure due to how different the figure looked from the prototype and for weeks my supplier told me they'll get in touch with Asmus. Today I was instructed to pay up my remaining balance as the figure is now in stock and when I asked what happened to my cancellation request, my supplier said it was denied by Asmus. This exchange was forwarded to me today.

View attachment 565119

Now let's make this clear, I'm not here to attack anyone (don't we have enough of that on the Ash thread?) but we can all at least can all agree that the final product was not equal to what what promised and the figure came out average at best, hence why I requested to cancel. Now I'm not sure what to do-- pay up or loose my deposit. I've been collecting 1/6 figures since 2004 and this is the first time something like this has happened and I feel extremely uncomfortable, like as a consumer I don't have any say in the matter and I should accept the downgraded product or pay the consequences.

So it is what it is then, I might just get it and sell it to make my money back, but this has certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I was very interested in getting the Devil May Cry figures but I think I've learned my lesson.

Sorry to hear that dude. But your issue is with your local supplier really. And the cancellation is between your supplier and Asmus.
Is your local supplier a shop?
Thanks and yeah it's an online retailer in Asia and as you can see my order was irreversible by Asmus. Here's the final email I got after weeks of back and forth with my supplier:

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 22-09-37 solid_ryden yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.png

I kept telling them that I don't want the figure reason being I don't think the production piece were in league with the promo shots (especially how cheap it felt according to several Youtube reviews) and I feel like the price is a bit too high for all the issues several people have highlighted.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not naive thinking promo shots are exactly what I deserve and rarely, if ever do production pieces truly match their promo shots but I mistakenly believed I was in safe hands due it being an official release, plus their Devil May Cry V Dante production piece looked stunning (which made me drooling over their upcoming DMC figures) but alas the Ash figure wasn't what people expected and rather than being enraged, I was really upset since I wanted this to turn out great since I love the Evil Dead franchise.

I quit reading and participating in the Ash thread this year due to the vitriol which I didn't think contributed towards anything meaningful but the final production figure certainly doesn't feel like I'm getting my money's worth, and to be honest I've never felt ripped off for any figure I've bought since collecting 1/6 Medicom, Takara, Sideshow and early HT stuff in the mid 2000's so rather than being upset over something outside my control, I should consider this a learning experience & be more mindful of my pre-orders in the future, especially from companies I've never bought anything before.

Last edited:
Back