Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, I've got multiples of Thorin, Bilbo, and Thranduil. 2 Gimlis. Also duplicates of fav Marvel figures. And all of them are out of the boxes and worked with.

For me figures like Thorin and Bilbo are the best, because of the multiple looks you can get. Since I like diorama stands, that helps too.

As for the Thranduil accidental variants, I never did settle at which one is "better" portrait wise. I sent one with the guard face back to Amazon, changed my mind, and bought it again. lol.
Tho my displays are in different rooms, too so I don't have the same figures lined up on the same shelves.
Tho now I have the Archer and a Thranduil with the same face.:legolas Then again, it might be worth getting an extra Archer and making his oufit a bit more plush. Because Thranduil's father was killed at the Battle of Dagorland and:

After the Siege of Barad-dûr in S.A. 3441, when Sauron was defeated, Thranduil led the remainder of his people north back to the Woodland Realm, where he was crowned king.[2]

Regret that Peter Jackson didn't do a flashback scene for DOS, since IMO it would have fleshed out Thranduil's character more. And Thranduil would have had armor like the other elves during these battles.

I knew deep down that I wouldn`t be alone in having multiples of the same figures, whether still boxed or not. Not going to lie, but that makes me feel better. Thanks Sassafras. (y)

I knew deep down that I wouldn`t be alone in having multiples of the same figures, whether still boxed or not. Not going to lie, but that makes me feel better. Thanks Sassafras. (y)
Oh, not at all....can't remember whether it was SW or Marvel threads but there were folks talking about their duplicates. Maybe I'm different since I don't keep any of mine boxed; a lot of people keep a pristine version.

I'm either keeping different displays, doing different looks, or it's just outright greed. :monkey3
The trade-off is I'm not a completist - I buy what I like. Of course, there are customizers who have many multiples for their projects, too.

And once a figure is sold out from my normal retailers, I am always glad I have multiples of my favorites. I've bought NIB from third parties - usually marked up - but who knows how a figure is stored over time by resellers. Also, for the hobbits and Thorin and Gimli - those bodies are unique. It's not like you can just pick up a Phicen body and replace.:horror

Only with Middle Earth do I do this (and only for key figures) but I also have them displayed for the most part. I have at least two of every fellowship member, Thorin and Bilbo (3 Aragorns, 4 Frodo’s & 3 Sams). I also have 3 Nazgul if you count the ACI release, 4 counting the Witch King.

Only with Middle Earth do I do this (and only for key figures) but I also have them displayed for the most part. I have at least two of every fellowship member, Thorin and Bilbo (3 Aragorns, 4 Frodo’s & 3 Sams). I also have 3 Nazgul if you count the ACI release, 4 counting the Witch King.
That is a very impressive sounding collection! I often wonder to myself why the hell do I need multiples - especially as I don`t use for custom jobs. Amongest others I`ve 3 Thranduil V1 and 3 Thranduil V2, but what the heck, there`s safety in numbers! - right? :confused:

I need to up load pictures eventually. My wife gave me one room where I can have everything displayed. It’s our “office/library/study” room. I would say 80-85% is Lord of the Rings. I downsized all my other collections and have just a few other 1/6 pieces left (a few Star Wars, Captain America, DX Jack Sparrow, Indy and Nanjin’s Star Trek). Outside of that there are a few non-1/6 pieces.

Actually that is not entirely accurate. The 1st Bilbo has been sitting on a book shelf in the bedroom and I have gotten away with sticking to two deluxe Helms Deep dioramas and figures on those shelves. She really likes the diorama that came with Legolas she thought it was really neat.

That is a very impressive sounding collection! I often wonder to myself why the hell do I need multiples - especially as I don`t use for custom jobs. Amongest others I`ve 3 Thranduil V1 and 3 Thranduil V2, but what the heck, there`s safety in numbers! - right? :confused:

Maybe a better question is, "would having only 1 of a very favored fig bother you"? It sure would bother me. Things happen. Re-sell prices of ASMUS figs can make u pass out.:horror It's likely ASMUS will never re-release a fig.

IMO don't worry about it, if ur bills are paid, u have a bit saved, then it's your business what and how you collect. I've got 5 Thorin, 3 Bilbo, 3 Thranduil, 2 Gimli; will end up with 2 Gandalf and 2 Legolas. I'd get another Galadriel if I had money to burn. It's not my business to tell folks with hundreds of Funkos they shouldn't do that.

ASMUS_ThorinBilbo.jpg

As long as the multiples - or singles, like MOS, make me happy (and having multiples of my favorites makes me happy - for one thing, I can *safely* work with these little works of art😍) then I'll get multiples when I want. Or skip figs that don't make me happy.

And unfortunately kick myself later😀, when I decided I wanted a certain fig after all, and it's long gone:crying. (Except at the reseller market where someone maybe put their greasy hands all over everything and is charging 4x retail:horror. Or you don't know if you are getting a recast.)

Mostly I gloat over my figs, srsly Thranduil with the diecast swords and an excellent replication - for the price - of a spectacular elven armor. My camera sux but was thinking of hauling one of mine out for some autumn pics. ASMUS REALLY needs to do Thranduil in his berry crown:stick. I'll be getting multiples of that one too.:lol

Maybe a better question is, "would having only 1 of a very favored fig bother you"? It sure would bother me. Things happen. Re-sell prices of ASMUS figs can make u pass out.:horror It's likely ASMUS will never re-release a fig.
Yup. That’s why I have at least two of each of the fellowship. If I could swing it I would pick up another Theoden, Eomer, Faramir. . . Again I have only done this with Lord of the Rings but that is because they are my favorite and exactly like you said things happen.

Anyone else having difficulty logging into the Asmus website? I’ve had an account there for years, and now suddenly it doesn’t even recognize my email address to reset my password. I’ve fired off an inquiry through their site, but we’ll see…

Yup. That’s why I have at least two of each of the fellowship. If I could swing it I would pick up another Theoden, Eomer, Faramir. . . Again I have only done this with Lord of the Rings but that is because they are my favorite and exactly like you said things happen.
For sure. And for me, I have different displays in different locations (office and where TV is). I know not everyone has that luxury, but I like to enjoy my statues and figures without having to be in a certain room. Also some poses are more fiddly to set up than others, so - like Thranduil #3 for instance - once I got him perched on the base the way I wanted, he doesn't get moved.

Well, after trying to log into the "new" site, I ended up having to create a new account, yet again.

I Pre-ordered the "old" Bilbo figure and it is the only order showing up. I did see a link to log into one's old account but when I clicked on it, I received a warning that the connection to that link was not secure. I quickly closed it.

Well, after trying to log into the "new" site, I ended up having to create a new account, yet again.

I Pre-ordered the "old" Bilbo figure and it is the only order showing up. I did see a link to log into one's old account but when I clicked on it, I received a warning that the connection to that link was not secure. I quickly closed it.
Don't worry, the link is fine, it just runs on old http protocol that is why you see the "not secure" warning. You can change the link to https if you wish, I believe. But I did log in to the old account just fine and all orders are still there.

Last edited:
Hi mates,

Thanks for visiting the new website (ASMUS TOYS) on recent days, please re-register your account (create a new account) one more time since our brand new website is made by a different website system. And the account data of the old website is separate from it (it's not transferred to new one).

The logging page of old website is here: https://members.asmustoys.com//login/login.htm

In the future if you need to check previous orders, please click the Welcome button below after logging in your new account. There is a CLICK link to our old website address. And please ignore the security notice then keep logging into the website. Thank you.

Attachments

• Old website link.png
    Old website link.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 25
Don't worry, the link is fine, it just runs on old http protocol that is why you see the "not secure" warning. You can change the link to https if you wish, I believe. But I did log in to the old account just fine and all orders are still there.
Tons of thanks for your induction, Waiden. Appreciated.

Back