Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a bit jealous to some of you that want to have both the crown version and the sculpt (basically two DX sculpts), as there are guys like me with only V.1 Gandalf, that may miss the sculpt altogether. It's fair enough as you have V.1 too, yet, you got my point.
I still have their GtW, and two Sam and Frodo heads both from original double-box release and extension packs (the new Frodo one with green eyes and poorly painted hair, and I am still waiting for a proper painted head, as many of you are too). So up until now I did not have luck to get things smoothly (well, maybe Sam can be considered as a smooth one, though the non shaved look is strange), and, yes, I got the Anduril (but I am an old customer anyway and ordered almost all their figures directly).

Don?t worry; I?m sure a good quarter of the crown Gandalf heads will be available on eBay for 3Xs retail as soon as it?s released.

Don?t worry; I?m sure a good quarter of the crown Gandalf heads will be available on eBay for 3Xs retail as soon as it?s released.

Honestly, shame on anyone who does this.

Shame on anyone who has a Crown Gandalf that gets a sculpt for their regular too. Let the people who didn't buy a Crown figure have this one. Help each other out here.

It would be nice if people on here with the old gandalf get a first chance on the new head before anyone else. Like if you post a pic of your old one and the packaging box you are on top of the list. ;)

Is there some code or batch number ect on the box of the original version to prove your updating the head, my brother wants to update his hobbit version and has all the packaging ect he would be gutted if he missed out because someone want to make a profit.

I think my old Gandalf has a number version inside the box.

If Asmus really want to do a fan service and not give the head to users firing it up on ebay, I think posting here your pics/proof would be a great opportunity for a fair distribution. Just a thought :)

Shame on anyone who has a Crown Gandalf that gets a sculpt for their regular too.

Really?
So somebody who supported Asmus by spending $350 on the full figure shouldn’t have the opportunity to spend another $100 to upgrade their older figure ? They should let the people who spent less have it? And they should be shamed if they do? Yeah, that makes sense. :cuckoo:

Really?
So somebody who supported Asmus by spending $350 on the full figure shouldn?t have the opportunity to spend another $100 to upgrade their older figure ? They should let the people who spent less have it? And they should be shamed if they do? Yeah, that makes sense. :cuckoo:

Have to agree with this... I intend on keeping my first version on display with my Hobbit figures and the Crown version with the Fellowship. I obviously feel strongly about anyone looking to purchase to then sell on, but can?t see how it?s fair that genuine collectors are to be slated if they want and have good intentions for a second updated sculpt.

I agree too, I have original and crown on the way. I fully intend to try and upgrade my v1 with a new head if I am able. Just like I did with all 4 of the hobbits. I see no shame in supporting the company and wanting the figures I spent my hard earned money on to look the best they can.

Honestly, shame on anyone who does this.

Shame on anyone who has a Crown Gandalf that gets a sculpt for their regular too. Let the people who didn't buy a Crown figure have this one. Help each other out here.
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Damn right I'm buying a second head if given the chance. Shame on me [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree too, I have original and crown on the way. I fully intend to try and upgrade my v1 with a new head if I am able. Just like I did with all 4 of the hobbits. I see no shame in supporting the company and wanting the figures I spent my hard earned money on to look the best they can.

Same here. Maybe Asmus can do something like send them a picture of V1 Gandalf holding a piece of paper with your email address on it. Of course some people will fake it but it might weed out some. I could also see a limit of 1 per person and maybe do the sale in such a way that bots cannot be used to try to limit resellers.

In my opinion The new head should be for those who are updating version 1 only and should provide evidence to confirm that also.

In my opinion The new head should be for those who are updating version 1 only and should provide evidence to confirm that also.

That much I can agree with; I’d hate for someone who doesn’t own V1 to buy a head just to resell at a profit.
But to suggest that anyone who bought the Crown figure and also purchased V1 should concede to someone who only owns V1? That’s plain stupid.
If anything, those who own both should be at the head of the line; they’ve supported Asmus to a greater extent than those who only own V1. And if it wasn’t for those of us who committed to purchasing the full Crown figure, there wouldn’t be an upgraded head available at all.
I’d be fine with having to provide a pic of my V1 along with the numbered card from the box as proof, and a note with my email address in the pic.

That much I can agree with; I?d hate for someone who doesn?t own V1 to buy a head just to resell at a profit.
But to suggest that anyone who bought the Crown figure and also purchased V1 should concede to someone who only owns V1? That?s plain stupid.
If anything, those who own both should be at the head of the line; they?ve supported Asmus to a greater extent than those who only own V1. And if it wasn?t for those of us who committed to purchasing the full Crown figure, there wouldn?t be an upgraded head available at all.
I?d be fine with having to provide a pic of my V1 along with the numbered card from the box as proof, and a note with my email address in the pic.
I agree. I think Asmus should send a VIP invite to those that purchased the Crown Gandalf and the V1 through Asmus Direct before opening up to anyone else. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Asmus should handle the new Gandalf head better than they handled the Anduril sword.
I own Aragorn and I missed out on the sword because I didn't log in for the Christmas period
and when I tried to get on the list I was one or two spots after it was completed.
Sadly I saw some persons with newly created freak accounts that got one and I am still gutted about this.
Asmus should have asked members for a photograph of the figure together with a date, an email
and give a period of about one month for members to send in their pictures, not just a few days.
For me this is the right way to give priority to owners of the 1st release, not just announce it
and let anyone buy something just to resell it and make a profit.

Well I have got crown series Gandalf on pre order direct from asmus and my brother has the hobbit version but I’m not exactly sure where he purchased him from as it was a few years back, I hope between us we are able to get one for his sake.

Asmus is it odd that I still haven't been sent an invoice for my Gandalf pre-order?
I ordered on the 22nd June 2019.

Asmus is it odd that I still haven't been sent an invoice for my Gandalf pre-order?
I ordered on the 22nd June 2019.

I just cancelled my pre order.
Star Wars is my 1 true love.
I hope someone who needs this amazing figure can grab the PO.
For me unfortunately,I will have to pass.

I just cancelled my pre order.
Star Wars is my 1 true love.
I hope someone who needs this amazing figure can grab the PO.
For me unfortunately,I will have to pass.

I am also a Star Wars collector.
But Lord of the ring has always been my number one movie trilogy.
If they can keep or even improve the quality of Gandalf or Gimli, I will be glad to make place on my shelf and continue with this line :)

Back