Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. LOTR Bilbo
2. Gollum
3. Eowyn (dress, with a better sculpt)
4. Black Gates Aragorn
5. Balin

In truth there are loads I would like - very hard to just pick just 5!

Lord of the Rings
1. Lurtz
2. Sauron
3. Gollum/Smeagol (interchangeable heads)
4. Bilbo (Fellowship of the Ring)
5. Eowyn in gown
First alternate
-Grima Wormtongue
This is all assuming a Gandalf the White redo is already guaranteed; otherwise, he would bump Eowyn

Hobbit
1. Balin
2. Dwalin
3. Bofur
4. Kili
5. Beorn
First alternate:
-Oin

I know I cheated; if I’m combining the two series, then my LOTR list is my overall Top 5 as well.

Last edited:
Well if we want to do 5 from the Hobbit my Hobbit 5 which all come after my LOTR 5 would be:

1. Balin
2. Dwalin
3. Kili
4. Taureil 2.0
5. Azog

1st Alternate would be Fili.

LOTR/HOBT

1. Lurtz
2. Azog
3. Urak-Hai (sword man, spike man, croww bow)
4. Saron
5. Old Bilbo
6. Gandalf the White

Good choices in there!

its my personal choice~ it doesn't represent the company's plan~ hahaa

As far as I know, Lurtz (Urak-Hai) / Saron are extremley difficult to make,
action figure is not like statue, the articulation and mechanics are very hard to get right.
Just look how long it took Hot Toys to eventually got Iron Man to perfection.

its my personal choice~ it doesn't represent the company's plan~ hahaa

As far as I know, Lurtz (Urak-Hai) / Saron are extremley difficult to make,
action figure is not like statue, the articulation and mechanics are very hard to get right.
Just look how long it took Hot Toys to eventually got Iron Man to perfection.

Haha I didn?t think it was the company?s plan.

Just like the characters you picked :)

Sauron & Lurtz would look so sweet in this collection. I'd pay 400+ for a quality Sauron figure. Once the body for lurtz is developed, this could be Asmus's equivalent to HT Stormtrooper/Iron man for reusable parts. Could have some seriously grotesque orc armies

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Does Asmus have the right to make any licensed Tolkien/Middle Earth figure?

How about these designs from the WB Shadow of Mordor games?:
Whatre the possibilities?
A5AF9456-FE17-4D86-B6B6-68E23D1A87D2.jpegB0F0B25B-422E-4D86-9FD8-3D9ED217AE81.jpeg346D612F-5385-4143-9E3C-067CACCB858B.jpeg

Please, Asmus, don’t waste time and resources on video game iterations when there are so many worthy cinematic designs yet to do (Prologue Elven Warriors, Uruk-Hai, Moria Orcs, Nazgul 2.0, Denethor, Wormtongue, Sauron, Isildur, Gil-Galad, Eowyn 2.0, Gollum/Smeagol ...).

I really need a better looking Arwen and definitely Smeagol/Gollum. :)
Amazing Aragorn sculpt is yet to be produced.
I do not know what to do with my Gandalf the White, it does look outdated in comparison with the newer figures from Asmus. I had a plan to upgrade it, but as far as I can see it may be not an option anymore.

Lol, well then...

tenor.gif

Yeah, I get where everyone is coming from.
I still want a reissued Thranduil.

Lol, well then...

tenor.gif

Yeah, I get where everyone is coming from.
I still want a reissued Thranduil.

I want a Celebrimbor figure but I’ll wait for LOTR on prime to see how he looks. I wouldn’t mind a non wraith/houseless Celebrimbor from Shadow of War though. ;)

While they are making video game and Amazon series figures maybe instead of Sauron or Ian Holm Bilbo they can go deep into the Ralph Bakshi and Rankin Bass animated movies...or even a 1/6 line based on artwork from Tolkien calendars...that would definitely be a lot better than having a complete line of figures from the movies that we all love :) Sorry guys you like what you like but I am hoping that Asmus is listening to the overwhelming support for focusing on the films...once EVERY character that was ever shown on screen has been rendered in 1/6...you guys can have at it with all of this other stuff.

While they are making video game and Amazon series figures maybe instead of Sauron or Ian Holm Bilbo they can go deep into the Ralph Bakshi and Rankin Bass animated movies...or even a 1/6 line based on artwork from Tolkien calendars...that would definitely be a lot better than having a complete line of figures from the movies that we all love :) Sorry guys you like what you like but I am hoping that Asmus is listening to the overwhelming support for focusing on the films...once EVERY character that was ever shown on screen has been rendered in 1/6...you guys can have at it with all of this other stuff.

Well of course. Asmus would never focus on peripheral content when there’s the major film series that is well received and tested. They want to appeal to the broadest and I am happy with that. This is just fun hypotheticals but there is no basis in reality to support it.

Back