Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds fair to me.

Some folks will inevitably complain about the price of the head, but this stuff is all done by hand and it's an extremely painstaking and slow process. It's not like they're rolling off an automated assembly line. I appreciate the craftsmanship and consider myself very lucky to be in a position to be able to grab one of these gorgeous figures. (And maybe an extra head.)

Last edited:
Yes, it will be
but it will not be cheap...

Also, it will not be right to sell it unless we have shipped all the pre-orders.
so please wait a little longer

Thank you.
You mentioned that it will be not less than 50 usd, but I suppose that's too low for now. Is going to be 100 usd, or more? Even approximate would help.

We are scheduled to ship out the first batch of Gandalf in late October, and will finish shipping all the orders (hopefully) by the end of the year
all things are set to go, it is just the beard takes way too much effort to manufacture

Ah I can?t wait. I Will finally finish my Asmus Fellowship once my Gandalf comes in.

Thank you again for being here and interacting with the customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds fair to me.

Some folks will inevitably complain about the price of the head, but this stuff is all done by hand and it's an extremely painstaking and slow process. It's not like they're rolling off an automated assembly line. I appreciate the craftsmanship and consider myself very lucky to be in a position to be able to grab one of these gorgeous figures. (And maybe an extra head.)

Agreed. I'd luv to hear what a good customizer would charge for a re-hair job. Just a good custom sculpt can cost 350$

I'll buy the head, but not unhappy with my Gandalf v1 anyway.

Quick couple questions for people that have ordered directly from Asmus.

1. So, in the shipping address form I followed their template for region (thought maybe protocol thing) anyway, it looked like this "Region / State/ City". So I entered US/City/Nebraska. On the receipt I received however, it showed my address as the following "My Address 11th STUS/City/Nebraska Zip Code". Does anyone know if this will cause an issue?

2. I just received my shipping notice and the e-mail started out with "Dear Jaime" ..... my name isn't Jaime and nowhere on the form does it list the name/word Jaime. Has anyone had anything similar to this occur?

Sorry, I didn't want to bug Asmus with these just yet just in case anyone else has had similar experiences. Thanks.

Quick couple questions for people that have ordered directly from Asmus.

1. So, in the shipping address form I followed their template for region (thought maybe protocol thing) anyway, it looked like this "Region / State/ City". So I entered US/City/Nebraska. On the receipt I received however, it showed my address as the following "My Address 11th STUS/City/Nebraska Zip Code". Does anyone know if this will cause an issue?

2. I just received my shipping notice and the e-mail started out with "Dear Jaime" ..... my name isn't Jaime and nowhere on the form does it list the name/word Jaime. Has anyone had anything similar to this occur?

Sorry, I didn't want to bug Asmus with these just yet just in case anyone else has had similar experiences. Thanks.

hi,
I will help you with it.
Let me PM you

Any chance for Grima Wormtongue? I think Brad Dourif did a brilliant job and I would love to have one whispering things to Theoden or sniveling behind Saruman.

Keep an eye out for the sideshow Grima statue on eBay. They can go pretty cheap and it pairs perfectly with Asmus‘ Sauruman.
CDD0AD67-79A5-4025-9900-EC205500D7E5.jpg

I cannot believe you smart people ask this question that took a shock at our office this morning after Weta's announcement.

We have something the same in right scale (1/6) in working, but it will be canceled and will only be used as display in the future...

View attachment 490856

... But why cancel? ...

...Shame that Asmus may be cancelling their version ... hopefully we still get a new figure ...

...Too bad that Asmus is cancelling their version, though...

...Thats impressive. Why cancel?

Please reconsider cancelling the Thranduil throne Asmus. As you can see there is certainly interest in the collector community and would make an amazing display piece for an eventual Throne Thranduil figure.

No, no, no, no. Please don't cancel ... Please think about the throne!...

How about skip the throne, and do the animal he rides? Would look great ...

If Asmus could produce this throne in a light, hollow resin in the $200-$300 range (not including Thranduil), I would totally buy one.

Nooo Asmus nooo, do not cancel this ... Can we have at last new Throne Thranduil version?

Hello Asmus.
So yeah why cancel? There is any chance you can change your mind?
What about Throne as separate, alone piece?
Can we have at last new Throne Thranduil version???

Back