Question: Deagostini/Casco/Altaya helmets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been collecting some of the rebel flight helmets and they all come off the stands with a good pull. Those ones aren't glued so would expect the same for the others...?

I've been collecting some of the rebel flight helmets and they all come off the stands with a good pull. Those ones aren't glued so would expect the same for the others...?

Thanks for the response Somerset. The stand was definitely glued in to the Rebel Fleet Helmet. I had to use a Stanley Knife and needle nose pliers to remove small chunks of the rubber base a little at a time. It was tedious and took me around 2 hours to get it all removed but I took my time so that I wouldn't damage the helmet.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_25a1.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_25a1.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 103
Quick pic after I fixed up the inside of the helmet

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_25a2.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_25a2.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 101

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2616.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2616.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 93
  • fullsizeoutput_2617.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2617.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 93
  • fullsizeoutput_2619.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2619.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 96
  • fullsizeoutput_261b.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_261b.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 94
  • fullsizeoutput_261c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_261c.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 89
  • fullsizeoutput_261d.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_261d.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 92
Size looks pretty good. I would remove the foam in the helmet, it should sit a bit lower on the head.

Thanks for sharing.

Size looks pretty good. I would remove the foam in the helmet, it should sit a bit lower on the head.

Thanks for sharing.

Yep. I wouldn't worry about the helmet being flush with the eyebrows, as long as eyesight is kept free.
Anyways, the helmet is clearly bigger than it should be. That being said, and in a pinch, it would do fairly well. Good job dude!
m.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and removed the foam, and it does look a lot more accurate.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_263c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_263c.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 85
  • fullsizeoutput_263f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_263f.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 85
  • fullsizeoutput_2641.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2641.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 83
The DeAg helmet needs some widening. Maybe heat the helmet and insert a plastic rod cross-ways in the upper part. It just seems a bit too narrow, though I kind of like it more than the SSC one. The dark-tint plastic at the front looks more convincing than the painted SSC one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and removed the foam, and it does look a lot more accurate.

Dude, you wanna further improve that helmet? Reduce the white chin piece (3D print it) and build up the figure's body. Internal proportion helmet-head are almost OK otherwise.

The DeAg helmet needs some widening. Maybe heat the helmet and insert a plastic rod cross-ways in the upper part. It just seems a bit too narrow, though I kind of like it more than the SSC one. The dark-tint plastic at the front looks more convincing than the painted SSC one.

Agree wrt the dark-tint plastic, but could you further explain the widening bit?

Thanks,
m.

I bought a Boba helmet.

I know It?s probably going to be too big, but I need to see for myself. I just don?t want to have to destroy my Sideshow, HT, and Medicom helmets to bash a more accurate one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always give the SSC one a touch of future floor wax with some green humbrol clear paint?

Back