Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently these aren't actually numbered on the piece, and we're taking Queen at their word for only producing 300 rooted.

Can anyone confirm?

Apparently these aren't actually numbered on the piece, and we're taking Queen at their word for only producing 300 rooted.

Can anyone confirm?
Yeah I saw that on the other forum. I would have expected the little plaque to have the number as it's such a small ES, it does seem a strange... oversight?

It wasn't a proto pic. It was an in-hand pic from another collector who customized his (re-coloured and re-styled the hair). The reason I cropped half the face is to better focus on his facial features and face shape to show you that they are same, since some of you are struggling to see that the features are the same (maybe it's the forehead throwing you off?)

The JND statue was simply based off that scene, it was never meant to be an exact replica. It's just simply inspired by the scene. They said this themselves, that it was the artists interpretation. This is obvious from the make-up alone, which isn't scene accurate. Ive had several people see mine in person and they were all stunned by it. Not a single one of them said the likeness was off.

Here is the pic I used:

View attachment 566706

If you like, I can do the same comparison with my own statue. The features are the same, I've done this comparison many times. Some of you just can't see that, because you're literally trying to compare it from the exact scene in the screenshot rather than simply looking at the sculpt to see if it looks like Heath or not.
To me this looks like Jeff Morris from the Rogues gallery show on the Batman statue collector youtube channel.

It wasn't a proto pic. It was an in-hand pic from another collector who customized his (re-coloured and re-styled the hair). The reason I cropped half the face is to better focus on his facial features and face shape to show you that they are same, since some of you are struggling to see that the features are the same (maybe it's the forehead throwing you off?)

The JND statue was simply based off that scene, it was never meant to be an exact replica. It's just simply inspired by the scene. They said this themselves, that it was the artists interpretation. This is obvious from the make-up alone, which isn't scene accurate. Ive had several people see mine in person and they were all stunned by it. Not a single one of them said the likeness was off.

Here is the pic I used:

View attachment 566706

If you like, I can do the same comparison with my own statue. The features are the same, I've done this comparison many times. Some of you just can't see that, because you're literally trying to compare it from the exact scene in the screenshot rather than simply looking at the sculpt to see if it looks like Heath or not.
Wow thats on another level!! Very nice. Ya my aunt does hair she would dye it for me as well. But I like the differences. But great pic bro. Hey dawg you order from Primo? As well? I mean the artist edition from QS. They kicked ass on the 1/3rd with shipping. I hope this one is the same way!

Last edited:
I doubt that is all you're going to say ;)

Continue to let my comments get to you, that's okay by me
I have said my peace. But just a heads up, only people who assume things about others, need to use your brain a little more. But I think we said all we need to say. The ironic thing is, I been a ghost, your the one with a lot to say and continue to have a lot to say! So before you make a comment, may want to think of yourself!

Plus, why would I care about what you think, when at the end of the day. I will own both statues?!! Keep assuming, your good at it!! You obviously need your comments to be public, I been saying hit me up on a DM. Like I keep telling you, but you don't seem to understand that as well, you need an audience!

Last edited:
It wasn't a proto pic. It was an in-hand pic from another collector who customized his (re-coloured and re-styled the hair). ...

Here is the pic I used:

View attachment 566706
This is Shane Poole's aka OneSixthSalon. He didn't just "re-color and re-style" the hair. He completely removed the JND hair and re-rooted the entire thing from scratch. Custom artists who do rooted hair seem to have been removing the JND hair and redoing it from what I've seen on instagram

JND looks like a caricature of Ledger. Overall it’s a nice statue but a $2400 statue should look good and it misses a huge mark. Sure it looks lifelike but it doesn’t look like Ledger. Maybe a 55 year old version of him. QS wins the likeness between all scales. Hans down. Those just want to justify the JND purchase. We get it already lol.
I agree with this.

I don't have a dog in this fight but in reviewing the debate I will say that this comparison picture (above) is a good example of what people are pointing out -- the statue is exaggerated and verges on caricature. The lines are exaggerated. The lips scar is exaggerated. Yes, everything is there, but greatly exaggerated. This places the sculpt toward caricature on the spectrum... or as someone else mentioned, a much older Ledger Joker.

My interest in this QS Joker is purely as a potential indicator of what one might expect from their upcoming 1/6th entry.

This is Shane Poole's aka OneSixthSalon. He didn't just "re-color and re-style" the hair. He completely removed the JND hair and re-rooted the entire thing from scratch. Custom artists who do rooted hair seem to have been removing the JND hair and redoing it from what I've seen on instagram
This is correct, sorry I should have clarified, but regardless it wasn't a prototype. The hair didn't actually matter, which is why I cropped it out originally. I just simply wanted to show a comparison of the facial features and it was a good clear shot of his face.

I don't have a dog in this fight but in reviewing the debate I will say that this comparison picture (above) is a good example of what people are pointing out -- the statue is exaggerated and verges on caricature. The lines are exaggerated. The lips scar is exaggerated. Yes, everything is there, but greatly exaggerated. This places the sculpt toward caricature on the spectrum... or as someone else mentioned, a much older Ledger Joker.

My interest in this QS Joker is purely as a potential indicator of what one might expect from their upcoming 1/6th entry.
I agree that he does look a bit older, I've said this from day 1, but wouldn't agree regarding the caricature. That would make him look comical, like the Prime 1 piece, but he still looks like a real person, Just older.

In saying that, high res pics exaggerate this in all honesty. In real life he simply doesn't look THAT old. The video i posted is a better indication of what he looks like in hand.

Last edited:
I'm gonna bow out of this JND discussion gents. I feel like I've started something that will just keep going on and I feel bad for taking this thread off-topic, sorry. Let's get back to the QS 1/4 discussion :)

No this wasn't intended toward you brother!! Toward general Zabro. Explosion we always been cool brotha. I should have specified. Sorry bro.
I know bro, it's all good. I meant the negative comments from others don't bother me, because I don't take it personally.

End of the day you'll never get everyone to agree on how a statue looks as everyone sees things differently. I was just trying to point out the obvious that the features are the same, for those saying it doesn't look like Ledger. The artist has certainly taken some artistic liberties with it, which I don't personally have a problem with as it makes for a cool looking statue.

This is correct, sorry I should have clarified, but regardless it wasn't a prototype. The hair didn't actually matter, which is why I cropped it out originally. I just simply wanted to show a comparison of the facial features and it was a good clear shot of his face.
I understand, just wanted to give credit to the artist when it's due is all :wink1: plus Shane is a buddy of mine, so want to make sure ppl know his work

I agree that he does look a bit older, I've said this from day 1, but wouldn't agree regarding the caricature. That would make him look comical, like the Prime 1 piece, but he still looks like a real person, Just older.

In saying that, high res pics exaggerate this in all honesty. In real life he simply doesn't look THAT old. The video i posted is a better indication of what he looks like in hand.
Bro the guy or girl doesn't get it! Will hear from him soon! Those who own it, know how truly special it is. When I get the QS Ill have another scene joker. I contacted QS and it is coming. Its going to be a good month. Ayala MYC is scheduled for Tuesday.

Great unboxing. QS always pulls through. I have there joker bust and 1/3rd and now this. My thing is I just collect movies I like. I actually do not like comic movies. I saw one comic movie in my life and that was tdk. Just not my jive. I don't want to call you by your real name. But your not from the states right? Anyways, I am getting out of this hobby after a few more. I want to sell a bunch as well. But have a good night dawg!

Last edited:
I have said my peace. But just a heads up, only people who assume things about others, need to use your brain a little more. But I think we said all we need to say. The ironic thing is, I been a ghost, your the one with a lot to say and continue to have a lot to say! So before you make a comment, may want to think of yourself!

Plus, why would I care about what you think, when at the end of the day. I will own both statues?!! Keep assuming, your good at it!! You obviously need your comments to be public, I been saying hit me up on a DM. Like I keep telling you, but you don't seem to understand that as well, you need an audience!
If you look above, my comments have been reasonable, I'm not the only person with constructive criticisms about JND, just look at all the posts from the last day. You're acting like I'm the only person who commented, I have nothing against you, we're all just talking about statues *shrugs*

You're the one with the issue, and yes everything is public as above, so people can't fire unfounded accusations. Keep the chat about the statues please

Back