Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they-know-they-just-dont-care-batman.gif

Joking of course. I have no idea as that's not something I'm interested in

Thanks very helpful 🤣

I was thinking maybe the chainsaw man line had been cancelled or something but I guess the didn’t show Paul from Dune and Michael Jackson at this event, so maybe they just wanted display all of their new offerings

Well, this is very disappointing. Personally speaking, I know these are low res videos/photos but everything looks so cheapened (harsh lighting?) compared to the promotional photos. Hoping that's the case.

The white balance of these photos are wack.

You would think with iPhones and Pixels and their fancy shomcy AI AWB would be a standard default but apparently not even in 2023.

This is exactly what happened with Aragorn when they first revealed that figure. Lighting was horrible, prototype wasn't finished, and the pictures were horrible. The pictures were much maligned and there was panic - now almost everyone is anticipating Aragorn to be the finest sixth scale figure ever released.

Everyone needs a little patience here. There were people that needed to know what was coming next. Now we know. Let them work on it.

I feel like their team is even smaller than I previously thought, having only a couple of figures look decent is still surprising to me, even if they fix them later. And considering how far off these are I don't see getting Legolas+Gimili or the rest of the HP trio until 2030 at earliest (if they're even still around by then). Dull show for me overall but I look forward to seeing how much everything improves.

I feel like their team is even smaller than I previously thought, having only a couple of figures look decent is still surprising to me, even if they fix them later. And considering how far off these are I don't see getting Legolas+Gimili or the rest of the HP trio until 2030 at earliest (if they're even still around by then). Dull show for me overall but I look forward to seeing how much everything improves.
Majority of teams are just a few people working together and then the production is done by factory workers and overseen by the said team, usually the project leader/s.
I don't think the prototypes are that rushed it seems to me like they just didn't quite nail the likeness on them, mainly Reeves and Dany, a lot of R&D was obviously done from what I see. After Joker, Gandalf and Aragorn I think that initial wow factor people had with InArt is kind of dissipating as now they know what to expect.

Majority of teams are just a few people working together and then the production is done by factory workers and overseen by the said team, usually the project leader/s.
I don't think the prototypes are that rushed it seems to me like they just didn't quite nail the likeness on them, mainly Reeves and Dany, a lot of R&D was obviously done from what I see. After Joker, Gandalf and Aragorn I think that initial wow factor people had with InArt is kind of dissipating as now they know what to expect.
I just said it above, but people thought Aragorn was lackluster when they first showed off the prototype. It got pulled and wasn't seen for half a year after that. They went to work and now there's hype around that figure like I've never seen before.

Like with so much else, people seem to have forgotten a term called "work in progress". There's a reason these are prototypes and not up for pre-order yet. I'm sure they're going to continue to work on these figures as none of them looked ready to start selling. Once they are, there will be hype again.

I understand why these brands have less and less of a social media presence with every passing release. No one knows how to chill out.

Last edited:
I just it above, but people thought Aragorn was lackluster when they first showed off the prototype. It got pulled and wasn't seen for half a year after that. They went to work and now there's hype around that figure like I've never seen before.

Like with so much else, people seem to have forgotten a term called "work in progress". There's a reason these are prototypes and not up for pre-order yet. I'm sure they're going to continue to work on these figures as none of them looked ready to start selling. Once they are, there will be hype again.

I understand why these brands have less and less of a social media presence with every passing release. No one knows how to chill out.
To be fair having a note saying "WORK IN PROGRESS-NOT FINAL" next to these prototypes would've been ideal, a lot of people think this is their final version and IA has done nothing to prove them otherwise. Sure they changed Aragorn and you'd think they would have learned their lesson about revealing early prototypes as it just invites vitriol, especially theirs which are now seen as the highest standard of the industry by collectors so that means they will be even more critical of them.

To be fair having a note saying "WORK IN PROGRESS-NOT FINAL" next to these prototypes would've been ideal, a lot of people think this is their final version and IA has done nothing to prove them otherwise. Sure they changed Aragorn and you'd think they would have learned their lesson about revealing early prototypes as it just invites vitriol, especially theirs which are now seen as the highest standard of the industry by collectors so that means they will be even more critical of them.
The way I look at it - if you've been in this hobby for even a short time, you probably know that if it's not up for pre-order, it's not a final product yet. Hell, even once it is up for pre-order, it's often still improve during production.

It blows my mind that people think this is what they'll be getting when just a little bit of experience proves that we're a long way from the finish line. So yeah, while InArt could have put a "not final" tag next to the figures (something Hot Toys had done at conventions in the past), it's just as much on the consumer, especially the seasoned ones, for overreacting to something that's just supposed to gather interest.

The way I look at it - if you've been in this hobby for even a short time, you probably know that if it's not up for pre-order, it's not a final product yet. Hell, even once it is up for pre-order, it's often still improve during production.

It blows my mind that people think this is what they'll be getting when just a little bit of experience proves that we're a long way from the finish line. So yeah, while InArt could have put a "not final" tag next to the figures (something Hot Toys had done at conventions in the past), it's just as much on the consumer, especially the seasoned ones, for overreacting to something that's just supposed to gather interest.
I've learned it's best not to show or share too much until you have things down, any time your reveal or tease something you are always inviting people to criticize and analyze whatever it is you're showing them. I think WIP renders and sculpts are ok because you can gather criticism at an early stage and collectors can clearly tell it's not something final but when you have complete prototypes on display those lines are blurred.

Thank you for the insight! It's cool to hear how things really work. I knew it was early prototypes but I couldn't help think something was rushed in sculpting attempts or other details, but you're probably right about it just being imperfect likenesses. It's true I've been spoiled by InArt's past figures lol. On another note, personally I enjoy reading the criticisms of these reveals and InArt will certainly need lots of feedback if they think their Reeve Superman sculpt is actually good lol

Last edited:
So where was Michael Jackson?

I'd guess the estate have told them off for showing the prototype and people uploading photos last time, that now they won't take the risk. The MJ estate are a joke and drag things like this out while allowing absolute attrocities like that Smooth Criminal statue to pass. We'll have to wait and see.

If Daenerys was a hit, I hope inart make the hound, ooh that glorious rooted and detailed face paint, 2 costume, knight and civilian
I don't know if there's market for such deluxe offering of the hound character, he's the only one I regret not getting from 3Z line

Back