Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that they're going the JL route rather than BvS. I guess there's more characters under the JL license, which makes sense since he says more JL figures are coming, but I'd honestly prefer them to do the more comic accurate costumes from the solo movies for both Aquaman and Flash (and hopefully with a recast at the end in Flash's case).

I just hope we get Cavill in the traditional red & blue. If they are doing JL then I guess they can always do the same as MacFarlane and offer both classic colours and black suit so people can get the one they want. I think Cavill's hair was better in JL (compared with the slicked back BvS look) so that's a nice positive as well.

I was assuming they'd do both standard and armored BvS Batman when they came to that figure, guess it will be standard and tactical suit instead. Besides the pads for the armor to attach, I think I might prefer the JL suit tbh (I liked the cowl more and it felt a little less bulky overall) but there's not a lot in it so I'm good either way on this.

Harley would very much depend on which version but thinking I would probably skip. Black Adam depends how good both film and figure are.

But I think one of the most awesome things out of that summary is that each figure is getting a unique body, that's just amazing and a massive leap forward.

News that The Batman may get a companion piece on their next roadmap is not helping me resist that figure :ROFLMAO: But if we are getting more JL then I'm going to have to really consider who I get at this price point. Hearing they are doing more TDK Trilogy makes me glad I didn't know about Joker at the time and didn't dive down the rabbit hole of updating my entire TDK collection.

Oooo (yes I’m a man, swooning about what I’m about to say, but then I AM gay so how can I not?) I want the black suited Cavill. The red and blue will always be Reeve for me and I already have his, still amazingly good likeness HT in pride of place.

Henry’s much darker version suits the black suit from ZSJL and, frankly, my own collection. I imagine the likeness will be awesome and I can finally run my fingers through his hair….ahem, anyway…..I want to see him!

Last edited:
Oooo (yes I’m a man, swooning about what I’m about to say, but then I AM gay so how can I not?) I want the black suited Cavill.

I imagine the likeness will be awesome and I can finally run my hands through his hair….ahem, anyway…..I want to see him!
You and me both my friend :sneaky::love:

rsion of Afflecks Batman, his BvS version looks so much better. Glad to hear that Mera and Matrix 4 Neo was cancelled. Those would have been some serious waste of resources.

Excited to see their Bale Batman and with them having the license for the trilogy, I hope they consider his Batman Begins suit as well since Hot Toys is taking the piss on their reissued version. Them doing more from LOTR is some major danger to my

For those who didn't watch the stream, the main interesting points were...

1) considering changing the length of the Batman cape, probably not pleather
2) the original plan was for a standalone Pattinson Batman, will consider companion pieces, based on demand, in next year's plan
3) he advised InArt to drop Mera after the court case
4) LOTR... doing more of the Fellowship beyond Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas
5) Dune = 2-3 figures
6) More Dark Knight figures planned, specifically mentioned Catwoman
7) The Batman bat signal dimensions and materials will be updated on the blog soon, probably 1:6 scale
8) Each figure has its own unique body made for it
9) 2 new global licenses going to be announced in the next few months
10) First Joker production sample will be September/October
11) The art boxes will be premium with unique art boxes for each figure
12) Going to talk to Fox and Disney about Alien and Predator soon, sounded quite positive
13) Paul is stillsuit, figure pushed back until end of year
14) Gandalf the White is likely, but not before the Fellowship
15) Thinks it's Justice League Affleck Batman, not BvS
16) More Justice League figures planned
17) Have the rights to the whole Dark Knight trilogy
18) Aragorn next figure, then he thinks Paul
19) Phoenix Joker pre-order Q2 next year
20) Warner Bros pushing them to make House of the Dragon figures, thinks it's likely
21) Game of Thrones - Jon Snow coming
22) Dark Knight Batman pre-order Q1/Q2 2023
23) DeLorean still happening, not sure when
24) Batmobile still happening
25) Likely to be making Matrix figures from the original trilogy, have licence.
26) Harley Quinn in the works
27) The quick turnaround in pre-order to production of the Joker is due to them using one of the best and most efficient factories in China
JL (especially Cavill) and DeLorean Time Machine (after Batmobile done i hope). Then maybe they can do Marty and Doc.

REAR_4485_FLAT_BG_1024x1024.jpg

I prefer the BvS Batman as well but I would be disappointed if they can't include his Kryptonite/lead grenade launcher due to the "no gun" policy by Warner Bros.

The Batman seems to have gotten away with the grappling gun so we could possibly be given that.

Told myself Ill stop collecting when Endgame comes out and the inevitable Hot Toys figures come out.

Literally InArt has entered the chat.. Guess Ill still be collecting, albeit at a much slower pace.

Those updates are a little disappointing. It seems they just want that Disney/ Marvel money. Looking forward to those Joker production photos. Those pics will determine whether or not I cancel the preorder.

Isn't the whole playground-fantasy having characters from different movies all together in one?
I agree. I have a lot of ocd issues as far as collecting goes but this isn’t one of them. That being said some figures are more of a natural fit as far as displaying on the same shelf

Those updates are a little disappointing. It seems they just want that Disney/ Marvel money. Looking forward to those Joker production photos. Those pics will determine whether or not I cancel the preorder.
They want to get that golden cow and milk it just like HT have and NECA has with TMNT.

As much as we would like to think they care about Terminator, Aliens, Predator etc, I don't think they're as high a priority as the MCU is.
Well, it's natural; money talks. Getting their hands on MCU/SW would allow them to make more "fun" figures too. Cyborgs, aliens, armours, and so on. The DCEU literally doesn't know where it's going, and I'm willing to bet they'd rather be making Captain Americas than Dano Riddlers. I honestly think it's likely they'll get them in a few years. Disney's always after money. If they see collectors paying 500$+ for their dolls, why not get a piece of that pie? And with how many characters the MCU & SW have already, not to mention how many are coming, they'd be making mad bank. Out of the gate a Tuxedo Tony & Mk III deluxe set at 1.5K$. The original Avengers with rooted hair, maybe some new tech that'd allow for a seamless Hulk. Rooted Wandas. And so on and so forth. They'll play catchup with HT and by 2028 we'll be dealing with HT 2.0, rebuying the same characters we already own at 500$ per pop. It's honestly tiresome to even imagine it.

Let's face it, In"Art" was just a name; what they want is to make money, as they're a business first and foremost.

Well, it's natural; money talks. Getting their hands on MCU/SW would allow them to make more "fun" figures too. Cyborgs, aliens, armours, and so on. The DCEU literally doesn't know where it's going, and I'm willing to bet they'd rather be making Captain Americas than Dano Riddlers. I honestly think it's likely they'll get them in a few years. Disney's always after money. If they see collectors paying 500$+ for their dolls, why not get a piece of that pie? And with how many characters the MCU & SW have already, not to mention how many are coming, they'd be making mad bank. Out of the gate a Tuxedo Tony & Mk III deluxe set at 1.5K$. The original Avengers with rooted hair, maybe some new tech that'd allow for a seamless Hulk. Rooted Wandas. And so on and so forth. They'll play catchup with HT and by 2028 we'll be dealing with HT 2.0, rebuying the same characters we already own at 500$ per pop. It's honestly tiresome to even imagine it.

Let's face it, In"Art" was just a name; what they want is to make money, as they're a business first and foremost.

I'm guessing that if InArts gets the MCU rights, they will share it with HT, because I can't see this company being able to keep up with so many characters, movies, and tv shows, not unless they start cutting corners like HT and the overall quality goes down. So far, according to those updates, each figure has a unique body, which explains why Joker, Pennywise, and The Batman look so different, and like the actual actors in costume. However, they won't be able to do that if they're making a 20 or 30 of different MCU/SW/DC figures per year.

Eh I wouldn't say just because they're not doing the licenses and IPs you want, that it takes away from the Art aspect of their work. It's clear from all of their figures so far that they're clearly more "art" and high end than Hot Toys (at least with their prototypes). Don't really think their craftsmanship and attention to detail to the hobby has anything to do with them not wanting to do a bunch of niche 70s and 80s licenses that people want on this forum. Their Facebook poll is a big indication of that. People just want the mainstream stuff. This forum is a VERY small faction of the hobby and a lot of the more niche licenses and IPs wanted by member on here are not reflected as much in the general audience, let alone for Chinese collectors.

People seem to forget that this company is mainly licensed to China so far. All of the figures that we've been getting (Gandalf, The Batman, Pennywise, TDK) is technically meant to only be sold within China. We have to go through specific retailers to get these figures unlike the usual globally licensed figures that Hot Toys carries.

I just don't see Inart wanting to make $500-$1000 figures of niche old movie licenses that's not popular in China. It just doesn't make sense for them. They even said in one of their Q&A that Keaton Batman just isn't popular anymore in China compared to Snyders stuff. I honestly think that's also why Hot Toys never bothered with Catwoman and Penguin. These older licenses and IPs that we grew up with just get more irrelevant day by day.

I hardly say that makes them not worthy of the "Art" aspect of their name. Of course they're a business and money comes first. It's foolish to have ever thought otherwise from the start. They're not a group of random custom artists that's doing this just for fun, that is exactly what the 1/6 custom scene is for. You already have custom artist making $2000-$10000 figures of niche figures. Inart will always be a business before all else, because that's what they are, a business.

Last edited:
InArt isn't stupid. They may have a Asian territory limit on their licenses (for now) but they know that global collectors know how to source things. Region restrictions are a small roadbump, if anything these days. I doubt they take much regard to it. Obviously it'd be better if larger distributors could carry their items globally, but tons of collectors order direct from HK and China as is, they're undoubtedly aware of that.

Back