Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that intrigues me the most is the Nazgul, just not sure how they’re going to pull that off and justify the price. Maybe they could give it as a 2-pack option with Aragorn or something.
I really hope they don't go this route by bundling different characters together.
I personally don't mind the bundles they've already been doing since they're different iterations/outfits of the same person and still offer (most of them?) individually. But I really would not be a fan of them locking a figure behind a larger purchase where it's tacked onto a totally different character.

I really hope they don't go this route by bundling different characters together.
I personally don't mind the bundles they've already been doing since they're different iterations/outfits of the same person and still offer (most of them?) individually. But I really would not be a fan of them locking a figure behind a larger purchase where it's tacked onto a totally different character.
I agree. I mean release it at the same time, to be bought individually or a little cheaper as a pack with Aragorn. It just feels like one of those figures not quite popular enough to take up an entire release spot/month, more a complimentary figure to another. Most people would be excited about Aragorn and think “oh maybe I’ll also pick up that Ring Wraith to go with it”.

In terms of level of excitement I’ll go…

1) Daenerys
2) Phoenix Joker
3) Aragorn
4) Paul Atreides
5) Legolas

Interesting list. Made me think: what figure am I truly excited by the prospect?

I think I'd agree, Daenerys... mainly because a simple 1/6th female figure has been so elusive, not so much about GoT.

Everyone else on the list I can more or less imagine based on InArt's work so far now.

She will be tricky. For InArt to make its money back from building a new body, she will likely be some sort of 2-pack I'm guessing. Khaleesi and Final Evil Queen might be a good pairing. Or perhaps a pairing of some of her more elaborate outfits (that Dornish blue dress and the furry snow Queen outfit). In any case, building her new and petite body will be costly and they need to recoup somehow on an otherwise small and (viewed as) simple figure.

Last edited:
Imagine having two of the hugest franchises (ie Predator and Alien) and pissing that licence away to the extent they do, not putting out any figures for half a decade (in both cases). These are two of the most consistently requested franchises for new figures after all.
I can't help but feel they both pale in comparison to a couple of other franchises, like Star Wars and Marvel. It's hard to fault HT for following the money.

I'm most excited for Paul Atreides. I've got the AugToys version on PO, but I plan to pick this up as well. It's hard for me to get super excited about a lot of these- I'm mostly satisfied with my existing figures and am not feeling a huge need to upgrade. I'm definitely in for Mera, maybe Black Adam. If they can nail a Wonder Woman portrait, I'll get that.

Interesting list. Made me think: what figure am I truly excited by the prospect?

I think I'd agree, Daenerys... mainly because a simple 1/6th female figure has been so elusive, not so much about GoT.

Everyone else on the list I can more or less imagine based on InArt's work so far now.

She will be tricky. For InArt to make its money back from building a new body, she will likely be some sort of 2-pack I'm guessing. Khaleesi and Final Evil Queen might be a good pairing. Or perhaps a pairing of some of her more elaborate outfits (that Dornish blue dress and the furry snow Queen outfit). In any case, building her new and petite body will be costly and they need to recoup somehow on an otherwise small and (viewed as) simple figure.
I’m probably in the minority I’d prefer the Khaleesi look. A 2-pack sounds great though.

I wonder if she’ll come with the Iron Throne?

981429D4-559D-4797-97A7-439C002D0D8E.jpeg

I hope not. She never sat in it.

Like the bat signal, its a big piece of plastic that I'd prefer not take up my usable space.
InArt Iron Throne will be real iron and cost 2K. Better pay up, these premium dolls demand premium accessories. The chair, the brush, the nice dress. Gotta get the whole set, otherwise it'll be incomplete and that's just not fun. Better get good at brushing hair too, you don't your dollies to have a bad hair day all day. You've gotta doll up those dolls!

200.gif

As for Aragorn, I surely want one but I'll be waiting for the RotK version. I'd probably skip a White Gandalf though. Paying half a grand for Grandpa McKellen in his robes doesn't sit right with me...

John from Queen Studios will be doing a live Q & A with SixthScaleMafia coming up in a couple of hours time.

Here’s the link for anyone interested:

Would you buy a Margot Robbie Barbie?
What am I, some kinda pansy? Real Macho-Men like me would only buy a Ken. The manly dolly for manly boys.

2428e6f7f70b989fa165aff2f4b94125c11eb2af5075ce17ae6f687b07aabfb3_1.jpg

Kidding aside, it does feel a little "off" buying female figures. Mostly because whereas I approach my favourite male characters through a lens of "wow, he's literally me", I'd be lying if I said my favourite female characters didn't initially attract me because of more "superficial" reasons. Being a grown man and buying a 300$ dolly of the characters who "helped me in my youth" is, well... As it stands, I do want a Wanda, a Clea, and a (hopefully comic accurate as I won't accept anything beyond a hot redhead) Jean. I'd buy a Padme in her formal attire too, but it'll never happen. A couple more X-Women could tempt me, like Emma or Rogue, but Jean is my main want. Look, if I get comic accurate versions of Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops and Jean, I could end it there. But I could expand my ColleXion a bit more; it depends.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical. At this point I'm too tired to make plans. I can tell you "oh yeah, that's a sure buy" now, and then have it hit the same time with 5 other "sure buys", 2 grails and 4 things that'd round up 3 displays. What do I do then? What's the "sure buy" in such a case? I don't know. I've narrowed it all down to a few IPs and some one-offs I'm interested in, and I pick stuff up as I go along. I have my priorities and that's more or less it. The world's too unpredictable for me to try and plan like that. I take it one thing at a time.

Expect zero new information. Not one of these people watches or remembers previous livestreams, they just ask the same questions over and over.
There’s always a chance with that Anthony guy though, he does seem to be a little more switched on than most 1:6 YouTubers.

If he really wants to be tested they should put him on with everybody’s favourite Youtuber, Mr. I’m a veteran collector, Danoby. In fact lock him in a room for an hour with Danoby and John Deak and we’ll get some serious answers.

I own no Harley's and would never, ever buy a Barbie even with Margot Robbie's embodiment.

I think I might want a Jocelyn from The Idols though... a real one. :lol
That's a wholly different discussion...

tumblr_lr3c40jDkr1qlug1yo1_1280.jpg

Stark has his harems, Waybe pays women to cover for him while he goes to engage in psychosexual games with a clown, Doom has his own concubines and I'll have... expensive Barbie dolls. Yeah, we're literally the same...

Female figures are a problem. I want Wanda and Clea because, as I've said, I find wizard robes to be perfect for 1/6th. But beyond Strange and the Kamar-Taj group, the MCU just puts them in ugly pleather which defeats the whole point. Even Loki's always in leather. Give me my robes, dammit! I want some cloth on my dolls... I still have some hope that they'll add Mara Jade to the canon some day so that I can get her. But beyond that and a Jean next to my Scott, I feel weird buying female dolls as a man in my age.

"And here's my fashionista Emma Frost, next to my Dominatrix Emma Frost and there's th- Wait, no, where are you going I'm no-"

F7ta.gif

I'd pay the InArt deluxe money for a Hannibal pack though. Rooted hair, Wendigo Hannibal as a diorama base, one or two different suits, maybe a painting and some such. Mads Hannibal is one of those characters that I'd pay the price no matter what else. I do hope IA would pick the licence up, but it's highly unlikely.

For those who didn't watch the stream, the main interesting points were...

1) considering changing the length of the Batman cape, probably not pleather
2) the original plan was for a standalone Pattinson Batman, will consider companion pieces, based on demand, in next year's plan
3) he advised InArt to drop Mera after the court case
4) LOTR... doing more of the Fellowship beyond Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas
5) Dune = 2-3 figures
6) More Dark Knight figures planned, specifically mentioned Catwoman
7) The Batman bat signal dimensions and materials will be updated on the blog soon, probably 1:6 scale
8) Each figure has its own unique body made for it
9) 2 new global licenses going to be announced in the next few months
10) First Joker production sample will be September/October
11) The art boxes will be premium with unique art boxes for each figure
12) Going to talk to Fox and Disney about Alien and Predator soon, sounded quite positive
13) Paul is stillsuit, figure pushed back until end of year
14) Gandalf the White is likely, but not before the Fellowship
15) Thinks it's Justice League Affleck Batman, not BvS
16) More Justice League figures planned
17) Have the rights to the whole Dark Knight trilogy
18) Aragorn next figure, then he thinks Paul
19) Phoenix Joker pre-order Q2 next year
20) Warner Bros pushing them to make House of the Dragon figures, thinks it's likely
21) Game of Thrones - Jon Snow coming
22) Dark Knight Batman pre-order Q1/Q2 2023
23) DeLorean still happening, not sure when
24) Batmobile still happening
25) Likely to be making Matrix figures from the original trilogy, have licence.
26) Harley Quinn in the works
27) The quick turnaround in pre-order to production of the Joker is due to them using one of the best and most efficient factories in China

Last edited:
Back