Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. They have no plans for '89 Bats, especially without Nicholson.

I don't think they want Bond really, its only good for one Craig figure since InArt doesn't sound like its going anywhere near the 80's or 90's for the most part. Just 2000 and after and what's hot in China.

I wonder if they'll do Fury Road since its WB?

Oh what? What else is scrapped? Is there a running list somewhere?

Well, on their list... those two are officially scrapped. Neo (Matrix 4) and Mera.

Wonder Woman not until next year.

Daenerys sounded like next year too. I'm sure the bodies for both women are the reason.

I'd pay the InArt deluxe money for a Hannibal pack though. Rooted hair, Wendigo Hannibal as a diorama base, one or two different suits, maybe a painting and some such. Mads Hannibal is one of those characters that I'd pay the price no matter what else. I do hope IA would pick the licence up, but it's highly unlikely.
Love this idea and your ideas for accessories/dioramas - Loved Mads Hannibal - one of the best TV villains of all time in my opinion.
A 1/6 of him would be epic.

Interesting stream so far, the main points are...

1) considering changing the length of the Batman cape, probably not pleather
2) the original plan was for a standalone Pattinson Batman, will consider companion pieces, based on demand, in next year's plan
Wonderful stuff - nice to know, would love if they did Riddler and Catwoman.
3) he advised InArt to drop Mera after the court case
Yep - this seems wise.
4) LOTR... doing more of the Fellowship beyond Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas
Oh no......
This is awesome - LOTR is my all time favourite and if everything is at the quality of their Gandalf prototype or better than that is going to be one beautiful set of figures that I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist.
But as for my wallet....
you-in-danger-gurl-whoppie.gif

5) Dune = 2-3 figures
Interesting - Paul in his Stillsuit, his formal wear and who else do we think? The Baron would be pretty interesting visually.
6) More Dark Knight figures planned, specifically mentioned Catwoman
Unless they do Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow I think I may be safe here - love all of these characters, both Batman's allies and his villains but not so much as to pay Inart prices for them.
7) The Batman bat signal dimensions and materials will be updated on the blog soon, probably 1:6 scale
Awesome news - nice to know they are going to be upfront with all the info - I really like that.
9) 2 new global licenses going to be announced in the next few months
Wow - that is exciting! And as it is global they will be able to be purchased from more than just the HK sellers? (though I may just stick with Kit - I really like their reliability and customer service)
Wonder what they will be! Must be something Hot Toys doesn't have the license of - am I getting that right?
10) First Joker production sample will be September/October
So soon! Wow that will be an exciting time.
11) The art boxes will be premium with unique art boxes for each figure
Love this - I am such a sucker for a pretty art box - I fully intend to display the prettiest ones in my collection one day like the Hot Toys Mime Joker box which is just soooooo pretty.
12) Going to talk to Fox and Disney about Alien and Predator soon, sounded quite positive
I love that! If this means that they are doing more than just human likenesses then this is really exciting news.
Hell, even if it just means that they are doing Ripley, Dutch and Naru then I will still be very happy.
14) Gandalf the White is likely, but not before the Fellowship
Good to know we have a nice significant bit of time before we have to worry about this! :ROFLMAO:
I was admiring the Asmus prototype the other day - its nice to know we may have a year or two before it is potentially completely outclassed in every way....
16) More Justice League figures planned
Outside the trinity I'm not sure if I am all that interested - Cyborg and Aquaman are solid maybes - but Miller's Flash is pretty much dead to me at this point, I have zero interest in owning a figure of that utter.... not nice words.
18) Aragorn next figure, then he thinks Paul
Give my poor wallet a break!!
That said - seriously excited to see Aragorn
19) Phoenix Joker pre-order Q2 next year.
Praying to win the lottery before then
20) Warner Bros pushing them to make House of the Dragon figures, thinks it's likely
Not seen the show yet and this could be a gamble - but with that said I was watching the trailer the day before yesterday and was admiring all the details on Matt Smith's Dragon-style-armour and my immediate thought was "wow, that would look stunning as a figure" - so despite myself this is also exciting and could potentially lead to some amazing figures.
21) Game of Thrones - Jon Snow coming
Weird time to confess I never liked him... I always thought Snow was boring.
24) Batmobile still happening
They are doing vehicles? Wow I think I missed something - which Batmobile? I assume the Pattinson one?
26) Harley Quinn in the works
There was a time this would have really excited me and now I'm not sure - the sheer uncertainty with the DCEU is putting me at odds with the "non-modern-classics" section of their filmography.
Unless its Harley in her black and red outfit from the beginning of The Suicide Squad - in which case....

This stream is actually interesting. They're working on a unique kind of subline within InArt for Harry Potter too.
Oh wow - that is really exciting news (Devastating for my wallet though) so many Harry Potter characters I'd be down to buy from Inart - Harry, Hagrid, McGonagall, Snape, Dumbledore (Harris is my preference), Mad Eye Moody, Professor Quirrel with two faces, Lucius Malfoy (his outfit in COS would be awesome as a figure), Voldemort etc....
1661227387462.png

Very exciting stuff.

Last edited:
For those who didn't watch the stream, the main interesting points were...

2) the original plan was for a standalone Pattinson Batman, will consider companion pieces, based on demand, in next year's plan
5) Dune = 2-3 figures
7) The Batman bat signal dimensions and materials will be updated on the blog soon, probably 1:6 scale
8) Each figure has its own unique body made for it
12) Going to talk to Fox and Disney about Alien and Predator soon, sounded quite positive
13) Paul is stillsuit, figure pushed back until end of year
15) Thinks it's Justice League Affleck Batman, not BvS
17) Have the rights to the whole Dark Knight trilogy
19) Phoenix Joker pre-order Q2 next year
20) Warner Bros pushing them to make House of the Dragon figures, thinks it's likely
22) Dark Knight Batman pre-order Q1/Q2 2023
23) DeLorean still happening, not sure when
25) Likely to be making Matrix figures from the original trilogy, have licence, making Resurrections Neo first
27) The quick turnaround in pre-order to production of the Joker is due to them using one of the best and most efficient factories in China

John said Neo was scrapped. As well as Mera.

And are you sure about Q2 for Phoenix Joker PO? I thought they questioned him on that and he meant delivery in Q2. Meaning PO for him in next couple months?

Alien license would be awesome. Predator also, but mostly Alien. Mostly.

Oh wow - that is really exciting news (Devastating for my wallet though) so many Harry Potter characters I'd be down to buy from Inart - Harry, Hagrid, McGonagall, Snape, Dumbledore (Harris is my preference), Mad Eye Moody, Professor Quirrel with two faces, Lucius Malfoy (his outfit in COS would be awesome as a figure), Voldemort etc....
View attachment 595969

Very exciting stuff.
It was vague but it didn't sound like a full line to me. It just sounded like they were gonna start doing something that would set certain figures apart from standard InArt figures.

5) Dune = 2-3 figures
25) Likely to be making Matrix figures from the original trilogy, have licence, making Resurrections Neo first
27) The quick turnaround in pre-order to production of the Joker is due to them using one of the best and most efficient factories in China
Damn, thanks for that !! You definitely took one for the team there going through the entire stream !
All sounding very nice, very nice indeed !!

5) Dune = 2-3 figures
Thanks for this. Sucks they're doing the Justice League version of Afflecks Batman, his BvS version looks so much better. Glad to hear that Mera and Matrix 4 Neo was cancelled. Those would have been some serious waste of resources.

Excited to see their Bale Batman and with them having the license for the trilogy, I hope they consider his Batman Begins suit as well since Hot Toys is taking the piss on their reissued version. Them doing more from LOTR is some major danger to my wallet as well.

Also curious to see what they do with Harry Potter. A lot of protentional there with Star Ace being such a **** company for the license.

Please, please let me see and preorder Paul post haste. What if I’m run over before I get to see him in all his rooted glory? What happens then hmmmm…?!

Dune has managed to force its way into my brain as a ‘franchise’ (I hate that word) I’m really in love with. I didn’t think that would happen again considering the state of cinema now, with such an old story and one with a film already in existence (I suppose I just never got into the book and I was barely born in 1984 so the movie just past me by.)

Terribly exciting to have these new figures on their way along with at least one other film and of course the other books etc.

Bully for me!

Oh and I’ll have a Gandalf The White and a Cavill Superman too thank you very much. Hurrah for InArt.

Love this idea and your ideas for accessories/dioramas - Loved Mads Hannibal - one of the best TV villains of all time in my opinion.
A 1/6 of him would be epic.
He really did knock it out of the park. Add all the great suits and everything, and he'd make for a stunning figure.

RE Stream:
  • Glad to see Paul is after Aragorn. As for "end of year", it's weird. They've been more or less putting up a figure up for PO every month. I assumed Aragorn would be September and Paul October, but maybe they'll space them a bit.
  • More Fellowship and good chances of Gandalf The White sounds great. It raises the likelihood of a RotK Aragorn.
  • More BatNolan figures sound cool, but I'd only be tempted by a Ras.
  • I hope they get to making those original Matrix figures soon.
  • I'll be passing on Phoenixoker since I won't be able to justify the 1K+ price point, but I'm interested to see what they have in store. A 3-Pack at 1.3K, a larger diorama base, what?
  • Mera and M4trix Nero getting cancelled are good news indeed. Talk about a waste of resources. I wouldn't have minded a Mera, but at a 500$ price point for the rooted hair, and the whole Heard fiasco, better move on and hope they recast in the future or something. I'll also take the opportunity to say that I never found her that hot and that she's a sticc.
  • I hope they do get Alien & Predator, even if I have no interest in the licences themselves, so that maybe Disney will be impressed and we could get some SW/Marvel stuff from them too. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, sue me!
  • And for DUNC, I skimmed through a bit, and he said that's not sure if they're making just the stillsuit or a 2-pack with the formal wear. Considering the figure's been pushed back, I'd say it's likely. Basically all they'd have to do is stitch a fairly simple outfit and reuse the same sculpt. And then he mentions 2-3 figures, after saying that he's "seen a few" in relation to LotR. So if he doesn't know if formal Paul is happening but knows DUNC's getting 2-3 figures, I assume the others will be non-Paul characters and not just variants of him. Now, DUNC's not a huge moneymaker but WB is trying to turn it into their SW, so I assume they'll be pushing them to make something from DUNC 2 as well. Which means that it'd make more sense to make a Chani then instead of now. So I'm hoping for Leto and Jessica from DUNC, and then maybe a Power Ranger Paul, Chani and maybe Stilgar from DUNC 2. Well, at the very least I'll have more than just Paul and I'll be able to have my small Dune corner like I was planning.
And now I'm going to be a bit of a dick. Remember when the whole talk was "less figures, higher quality, no HT corporate approach"? Now they're going to be making House Of The Dragon figures and are already willing to milk Nolan and everything. Just saying, if they're making more figures from DUNC, which is a WB order most certainly, and GoT and everything, they're under corporate pressures too, and are going where the money is, so fellas hoping for true artistic works of passion based on classics from the 70s are going to be disappointed. Within a year or two they'll be HT 2.0, but with higher quality in certain areas. Not that I'm complaining, long waiting times help me plan better.

I skimmed through the whole stream, and the John guy says they spoke with Disney about Marvel and they're "waiting to see how it turns out for the moment". Honestly, if they do a great job with WB, I can see Disney giving it to them by 2025 or something. If they get the Alien & Pred licences, and Disney sees people paying 500$+ for their dollies, I doubt they'll not give in out of some loyalty to HT or something. Remember, we all thought SS was never gonna let go of Star Wars, and look where we are now. Which means we're gonna be rebuying our Iron Men in a few years. Rooted Thor dollies gallore. Clown Kang with a motor for dancing button! Yay... Well, maybe they'll get it in time for me to get my Diecast 1K DOOM. That's good enough. But it's certainly making me think twice about my HT buys now.

Last edited:
Back