Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol there's no getting out, Mister "I've been collecting for 2 decades". You're hooked.
I actually took a ~5 year break (well, if you exclude my monthly pull lists...). I'll always collect something, I know that. But this specific scale, line, call it what you will, is rather frustrating to me. I can't get my favourites, I am dependent on the movies instead of the source which pisses me off, and so on and so forth. The good thing is, the more tired I become of this whole ordeal the more I cut down my lists, so there's that.

YUP! There's always something new to buy. So many times ppl think they're out and then something pulls them back in. And that usually leads to something else :lol
The collecting itself... is enough to fill a man's credit cards. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Last edited:
Definitely not impressed if they’re going for the JL suits.
BvS Batman is Miller’s Dark Knight brought to life. A towering, hulking mass of jaded brutality.
MoS is probably my ideal Superman suit. They’ve got increasingly worse for my tastes, reaching the low point with the super bright JL version. So long as they don’t go 1984 with the saturation dialled up to 11 for Wonder Woman then we’re good.
As you can probably tell, Snyder’s more muted approach to colour appeals to me.

I’d prefer InArt to stay away from Marvel for a good while. We’ve had an absolute onslaught of figures from HT over the last decade and the number of movies and shows is increasing to the point that it will simply be all consuming for any company obliged to produce merch. It’s had its high point for me. Let the MCU implode on itself during the next couple of phases and then see how many still care about it.
Proper high quality Star Wars original trilogy figures would be amazing but Disney would no doubt still insist that InArt make the same D+ garbage that Hot Toys is forced to crap out.

Very glad to hear about LOTR though. It’s always felt somewhat unjust to have one of my all time favourite properties represented on my shelves by- let’s just say slightly less that optimum figures.
Aragorn can’t come soon enough.
Strider and ROTK Black Gates figure two pack all the way!!

Well, yes but it is over time. This won't happen with InArt for a couple years, then its a couple years while they develop. We're looking into a possible "end of the 20's" future.

And for many collectors, how many times have you "upgraded" your Darth Vader in your life? Hasbro to Sideshow to Hot Toys to who knows how many versions or customs? That's over the last near 20 years. Come on, one more time for old time sake.

Hasbro = $30?

Sideshow (original version) = $180?

Hot Toys (Rogue One version) = $240?

InArt =

money gone.gif

The most intriguing part of InArt getting their hands on the MCU/Star Wars license for me would be that I think we'd all have to be a lot more picky about which characters we really want. This is, of course, in the world where Disney doesn't force them into making Disney+ merchandise constantly. I'd absolutely love to have both the Original Trilogy Trio (+ Vader) as well as the Prequel Trilogy Trio on my shelf in the best quality possible, and I tend to believe InArt would be able to deliver that. In this hypothetical, I wonder how many faceless troopers they'd make, outside of Stormtroopers. Would the Star Wars license become repaints and reused trooper bodies for the sake of easy sales or would they stick more with the characters we all want? I think that's what has become tiring about Hot Toys offerings for me, the constant influx of repaints and troopers outside of the Disney+ required merchandise.

With the MCU, I think I speak for a lot of us where I'd be far more interested in an Infinity Saga line rather than the current Multiverse line. Others have said it above, but Cap and Thor especially would be incredible to see in this line, proportions, rooted hair on Thor especially, all of it. I don't know how much better they could get an Iron Man to look than the Hot Toys offerings, but we said the same about this Batman and they definitely flexed their muscles here.

Interesting times nonetheless. I'd prefer them to stick with different licenses than Hot Toys but it is intriguing to think about, especially Star Wars imo.

I'm guessing (hoping) that they will offer standard and tactical Batman and classic and black suit Superman if they go with JL license.

I actually prefer the brighter blue of the JL suit so I'm happy if that's the route they take.

True, but it is sure to include electronics for lighting up the suit and lightsaber. That should most likely boost the price.
Sure, I see where you're coming from. I just don't see it being like a $1000 or something. I think the most I'd stomach is $500 for Vader. Hopefully it's USB powered. Is that possible for a suit like this?

Sure, I see where you're coming from. I just don't see it being like a $1000 or something. I think the most I'd stomach is $500 for Vader. Hopefully it's USB powered. Is that possible for a suit like this?
Excellent point regarding the USB power. Those small coin batteries are apparently becoming an issue in at least Australia, if not mistaken, due to small children ingesting them. (boggles the mind...) But if manufacturers move to replace them with USB connectors, we all win, as we won't need to fiddle with them any longer plus they didn't last long at all.

As for figure costs, I've pretty much reached my cost to value ceiling with this hobby. Even though I may be able to afford them at $500+, I just don't see the value there. I've mentioned it dozens of times before but I would rather put those funds towards something else or even just keep it in the wallet, at that price.
(there may be a handful of characters/figures that I would splurge on but the number is quite small...)

Excellent point regarding the USB power. Those small coin batteries are apparently becoming an issue in at least Australia, if not mistaken, due to small children ingesting them. (boggles the mind...) But if manufacturers move to replace them with USB connectors, we all win, as we won't need to fiddle with them any longer plus they didn't last long at all.

As for figure costs, I've pretty much reached my cost to value ceiling with this hobby. Even though I may be able to afford them at $500+, I just don't see the value there. I've mentioned it dozens of times before but I would rather put those funds towards something else or even just keep it in the wallet, at that price.
(there may be a handful of characters/figures that I would splurge on but the number is quite small...)
Supposedly the Australian distributor has been talking to HT about changing the cell batteries and I know that sounds unlikely but we are already seeing figures now that are usb like Miles Morales and the Kenobi figures so it may actually be true.

Back