Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking that Asmus made their hair rooted Gandalf cost $350. So don't you all think QS will cost around that? They are trying to be competitive too. And custom job by one artist obviously will cost more than a job done by factory workers. Agree with Gipetto said.
As you already stated, I think QS goal is to hit the "custom job" level of quality rather than the Asmus route.

I hear you. I guess I was just using the "Artist Edition" as whatever "ultimate" version they tend to call it. True they might not all be haired AND painted. But I guess we will have to see. I'm just using their recent 1:4 TDK Joker as a springboard for my speculations.
For sure! Luckily, it sounds like we only have about a week or 2 to find out then we can all stop racking our brains on all this stuff :LOL:

Why? It's possible that is 1/6 scale, they are trying to sell it. The fingers and hands look good because most likely it's not removable hands like Hot Toys, it's more like the detachable forearms. Will look more realistic that way.
Official announcement are out. It is those detachable forearms. The price for the sculpted hair is around $290 and the rooted hair is around $930. They are using description "Double Doll Hair Transplant" I don't understand the meaning of that. Will we get 2 figures? Or 2 heads with different hair?

joker inart.jpg

The rounded price, may be a bit lower on some retailer. They said preorder open on 21 March 2022.
1. Purple Coat Sculpted Hair - $300
2. Purple Coat + Interrogation Version Sculpted Hair Ver. - $600
3. Purple Coat + Interrogation Rooted Hair - $1000

I read a posting of the pricing estimates in a Facebook group.

The pricing details are as follows.

The prices are apparently "estimates" provided to vendors from Queen Studios/InArt.

Standard Version (Single figure with plastic hair sculpt.) | $3XX.XX USD
Double Version (Two figures with plastic hair sculpt.) $6XX.XX USD
Deluxe Set (Two figures with rooted hair sculpt.) $10XX.XX USD – $11XX.XX

I figure there may be differences price wise depending the source and how the details are posted/shared.

My thoughts.

The Standard Version is likely to compete with Hot Toys, but then again there is no guarantee the in hand final production design and quality will match the prototype pictured and used let alone it'll be superior to Hot Toys in all aspects.

The Double Version is more for the completist collector.

The Deluxe Set is for the die hard/hardcore collectors where cost is not an issue (i.e., the 1% 1:6 collectors in the 1:6 hobby).

I'm not going to believe any posts claiming the prices announced are firm, etc. until 1:6 vendors actually list their prices for the eventual pre-orders.

So an "estimate" of the price range is announced and posted with variations depending on the interpretation and sources. As far as I'm concerned, Queen Studios/InArt can change (increase) the final MSRP. Nothing is ever guaranteed. I'm too much a skeptic to believe or have faith in something like this.

Ultimately, everyone who buys into these have to wait until the figures are produced, released, and in the hands of collectors who'll decide if the price is worth the finished product.

Lots of neglected properties I’d love to see Queen Studios tackle but realistically I imagine they’ll be sticking to what’ll sell well in China, to which their distribution is largely limited. Plus, if they’re tackling the Lord of the Rings and then Game of Thrones cast of characters, that could easily eat up their limited number of annual releases for the next several years.

I'm really hyped to see their Neo and potential future OT Matrix figures.

Both theirs and HT's should be revealed soon with Resurrections hitting bluray on Monday.

It's the licences outside of comic book stuff that's the most exciting.

I'm really hyped to see their Neo and potential future OT Matrix figures.

Both theirs and HT's should be revealed soon with Resurrections hitting bluray on Monday.

It's the licences outside of comic book stuff that's the most exciting.
On one hand yes, but on the other I'd love some actual high end comic-based figures instead of having to rely on the MCU and the DCEU. I do hope they pick up something like Mass Effect or something though. VideoGames get very little merch in general, and I'd kill for some properties. I'm never going to get Legacy Of Kain dolls, I know that, but Commander Shepard, Liara, Garrus and the such, I'd love to own them.

I'm placing my bets on some other WB properties for the time being. Blade Runner has some good chances I'd say, at least compared to previous years. Something like a 2005 Keanu Constantine wouldn't surprise me either.

I've given up on Blade Runner. It'll never happen officially in my lifetime.
Ridley Scott is developing a series. It could happen still. I never expected anyone to make licensed American Psycho figures, and Iconiq came out with their Bateman. It won't be an HT-level figure, but it looks good enough. So I'm not giving up, especially on classic films.

Back