Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 566922
View attachment 566923
This Highly detailed 1/6 Police Joker that blows away the Hot toys version is $350.
Granted its a statue. But all they need to do is change the body to a true type and they can keep the pricing more or less at that level.
They already said it will be competitive pricing.
I do think it will be slightly more than a Hot toys since the quality will be better, but it should be in the ballpark of $300 to $350.

Their 1/4 scale mob scene Joker is only $640 which I think is a steal after seeing the finely tailored suit, and probably the best mass
produced Ledger Joker sculpt, in my opinion even surpassing JND and Prime 1.
This is exactly what I've been saying yet there are still folks saying these things will be near $1000 :dunno They rather believe Justin who has given out wrong info more times than he's been right as far as I'm aware.

With that said, idk why everyone expects QS to announce a blanket price out of nowhere. No high end company says "just FYI, we're going to charge this much for ALL our items just so you can prepare yourselves." They slap the price on there and it's our decision to buy or not. Not only that, does anyone really expect each and every figure to cost the same? One might be $300, the next could be $275, another $400 just like what Hot Toys and every other company does when they release a product. Did Hot Toys give us a heads up on how much Battison was going to cost? Nope! So it's just puzzling to me that some folks are demanding QS to release how much these are going to cost well before they go up for order.

Last edited:
Not bad. I predict $300-350 for the standard figures, maybe $400-450 for rooted hair. Hot Toys is already doing incredible work at their sub-$300 pricepoint, so I can't see QS needing to go much higher unless they raise the bar significantly. Honestly, that's hard to imagine.

Would this even be a problem in the current year? If KGHobby or another Asian retailer carries them, we should have access, no?

Bitchin'.

Double bitchin'. Hope it's the Warrior, but a well-executed Big Chap from a company like QS would be quite the treat as well.

Any high-end company getting the Alien license is good news. Even if we're starting with a bust here, it could open the door for other types of collectibles in the future. I'd love to see 1/6 Alien and Predator figures again, plus additional players in the 1/4 and 1/3 statue game since Prime 1's products are riddled with QC issues.
You do know that their 1:4 TDK Joker "Artist Edition" with rooted hair was DOUBLE the price of their Standard, right?

Hand applied rooted hair takes time regardless of scale so I'm expecting something similar in this regard.

View attachment 566922
View attachment 566923
This Highly detailed 1/6 Police Joker that blows away the Hot toys version is $350.
Granted its a statue. But all they need to do is change the body to a true type and they can keep the pricing more or less at that level.
They already said it will be competitive pricing.
I do think it will be slightly more than a Hot toys since the quality will be better, but it should be in the ballpark of $300 to $350.

Their 1/4 scale mob scene Joker is only $640 which I think is a steal after seeing the finely tailored suit, and probably the best mass
produced Ledger Joker sculpt, in my opinion even surpassing JND and Prime 1.
--

The preceding is your conjecture/speculation.

Also, it's an assumption it's an easy switch from a statue to a 1:6 figure. Unless you 100% know every aspect of it and post as a proven expert on pricing, production, quality where your batting average is with zero error.

Sure. The same can be said of my posts (conjecture/speculation).

They need to specify up front what the price range.

We're arguing/debating amongst ourselves with zero pricing details other than "competitive" that don't mean jack unless jack is the new fact/standard.

Honestly, guys, you just need to look at their most recent 1:4 TDK Joker to get a ballpark of where we will be at with price/cost.

Standard releases will be competitively priced for the "HT Market".

Artist Editions you are pretty much targeting the Custom Market. They will be limited releases and will cost a lot more than you think.

This is exactly what I've been saying yet there are still folks saying these things will be near $1000 :dunno They rather believe Justin who has given out wrong info more times than he's been right as far as I'm aware.

With that said, idk why everyone expects QS to announce a blanket price out of nowhere. No high end company says "just FYI, we're going to charge this much for ALL our items just so you can prepare yourselves." They slap the price on there and it's our decision to buy or not. Not only that, does anyone really expect each and every figure to cost the same? One might be $300, the next could be $275, another $400 just like what Hot Toys and every other companies does when they release a product. Did Hot Toys give us a heads up on how much Battison was going to cost? Nope! So it's just puzzling to me that some folks are demanding QS to release how much these are going to cost well before they go up for order.
--

A price range from them with the disclaimer that it's subject to change will satisfy for now.

Of course, how much of a price change that could happen and acceptance of it is up to the individual collector.

A price range is going to determine who's "in" and "out" subject to changing minds and wiggle room (i.e., maybe I'll pay that much?).

To me, what you post/say comes across hypocritical to a degree given the price mindset generally speaking by collectors.

I never took whatever Justin posted/said at face value about this or anything else.

I'm just plain skeptical until proven otherwise.

Honestly, guys, you just need to look at their most recent 1:4 TDK Joker to get a ballpark of where we will be at with price/cost.

Standard releases will be competitively priced for the "HT Market".

Artist Editions you are pretty much targeting the Custom Market. They will be limited releases and will cost a lot more than you think.
True. I do see how a rooted hair 1/6 version might not be expensive like the 1/4, is if the paintjob is the same for the reg and rooted hair version.
I think the reason why the 1/4 rooted hair Joker version was so much more expensive, was that it was not only hair rooted by the artist, he also individually hand painted each, and individually signed.
Reminds me of the Rainman era, the hair and clothing set cost much less than a Rainman fullset which was hand painted by Rainman himself and was extremely limited.
the other heads were painted by Aeon.
That's why 1/4 Joker rooted hair was labeled Artist's edition, and not just "exclusive version" with rooted hair like the 1/3 Joker.

If the only difference between the 1/6 is, one is rooted hair vs one is sculpted hair, but they are both factory painted, I can see the special rooted hair version costing only $300-400 more.

Last edited:
You do know that their 1:4 TDK Joker "Artist Edition" with rooted hair was DOUBLE the price of their Standard, right?

Hand applied rooted hair takes time regardless of scale so I'm expecting something similar in this regard.
I was going off the "a little more" bit. I don't know if an extra $200+ could be considered a little, but semantics aside, what you say makes sense.

True but we also don’t know if there is going to be an artist edition with the 1/6 offerings.

In @Blade3327 defense, the 1/3 TDK pieces for Queen Studios have a standard (sculpted hair) and deluxe (rooted hair) where the deluxe versions were actually only a couple hundred more than the standard and not double b/c it was done by the factory workers. The reason the artist edition is double the price is just that, it’s hand done by the artist (Viper in the case of the 1/4) who gets his cut for the work vs a factory worker who’s probably getting their normal wage.

Again, the 1/3 hair doesn't look great. If that's what we are going to expect for the 1/6th I'm skipping and going standard.

True but we also don’t know if there is going to be an artist edition with the 1/6 offerings
Sure we dont know for sure, but I'd put money on it. If QS is claiming the prices will be competitive with HT that's really the only way. I've seen other companies starting to do the same. Infinity Studios/Penguin Toys are doing the same with their 1:2 statues. Seems to be a new trend with the hobby.

I think its brilliant really. A tiered release aimed at different levels of collector.

The reason the artist edition is double the price is just that, it’s hand done by the artist (Viper in the case of the 1/4) who gets his cut for the work vs a factory worker who’s probably getting their normal wage.
Oh, how I wish Prime 1 would do something like this for their Predators...

I don’t believe HT lost the DC/Warner license, but rather additional licenses were granted. I hope that both Marvel and Star Wars follow suit and dole out additional 1/6 scale licenses as well. These days it’s ridiculous for one company to have a monopoly. All that leads to are fewer choices and higher prices.

Honestly a pricepoint without knowing what’s included for that price wouldn’t mean much. *Only* $350 isn’t going to seem very competitive if it’s just a basic figure with one head and two hands.

I don’t believe HT lost the DC/Warner license, but rather additional licenses were granted. I hope that both Marvel and Star Wars follow suit and dole out additional 1/6 scale licenses as well. These days it’s ridiculous for one company to have a monopoly. All that leads to are fewer choices and higher prices.
--

Probably one of the few replies that makes sense in this thread.

If someone else previously posted the same, then I didn't read it/missed it.

Sure we dont know for sure, but I'd put money on it. If QS is claiming the prices will be competitive with HT that's really the only way. I've seen other companies starting to do the same. Infinity Studios/Penguin Toys are doing the same with their 1:2 statues. Seems to be a new trend with the hobby.

I think its brilliant really. A tiered release aimed at different levels of collector.
True, and I agree that it’s great way to get buyers with different budgets. But I guess maybe I didn’t explain myself well enough in what I was trying to convey.

My point was rooted hair doesn’t automatically equal artist edition. They (Queen Studios) have had rooted hair versions on some of their statues that were only a couple hundred dollars more than the standard sculpted version, not double the cost. With previous items as precedent, that goes more in line with how they worded stuff in the live stream.

I agree that there will probably be artist editions for certain characters but I don’t think that will be the case for every release. I could see it more that some characters get an artist edition where the artist themselves does the hair work etc., while other characters go the way of the deluxe releases where the rooted hair is done by a factory worker (i.e. Queen Studios 1/3 Joker and Batman Bruce Wayne sculpt). But of course, it's all speculation at this point :LOL:

Last edited:
They didn’t lose the license. HT still has a global license meaning they are allowed to distribute globally with Sideshow as their distributor. Queen Studios mostly has regional licenses that only allow them to distribute in certain countries. In the live stream, I believe it was mentioned as China only except Dune which apparently is global.

Last edited:
True but we also don’t know if there is going to be an artist edition with the 1/6 offerings.

In @Blade3327 defense, the 1/3 TDK pieces for Queen Studios have a standard (sculpted hair) and deluxe (rooted hair) where the deluxe versions were actually only a couple hundred more than the standard and not double b/c it was done by the factory workers. The reason the artist edition is double the price is just that, it’s hand done by the artist (Viper in the case of the 1/4) who gets his cut for the work vs a factory worker who’s probably getting their normal wage.
I'm thinking that Asmus made their hair rooted Gandalf cost $350. So don't you all think QS will cost around that? They are trying to be competitive too. And custom job by one artist obviously will cost more than a job done by factory workers. Agree with Gipetto said.

I'm thinking that Asmus made their hair rooted Gandalf cost $350. So don't you all think QS will cost around that?

I suppose, if you want their figure to look like that.

Personally, I want a lot better. And I'm willing to pay more. I want high-end... not mass-produced. I've seen where that goes.

I suppose, if you want their figure to look like that.

Personally, I want a lot better. And I'm willing to pay more. I want high-end... not mass-produced. I've seen where that goes.
Oooo I like that. There's definitely a distinction between the two. Like @dominishin mentioned, the mass produced rooted "deluxe" 1/3 Queen Studios Joker looks nowhere near as good as the 1/4 artist edition Joker.

They didn’t lose the license. HT still has a global license meaning they are allowed to distribute globally with Sideshow as their distributor. Queen Studios mostly has regional licenses that only allow them to distribute in certain countries. In the live stream, I believe it was mentioned as China only except Dune which apparently is global.
I hear you. I guess I was just using the "Artist Edition" as whatever "ultimate" version they tend to call it. True they might not all be haired AND painted. But I guess we will have to see. I'm just using their recent 1:4 TDK Joker as a springboard for my speculations.

Back