Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just did a new interview with John so listing some info from it.

Some questions asked to John with InArt about a day ago. The Batman cape question is asked.

- Black Adam will possibly be shown soon.
- Batcycle being worked on and will be shown soon. Batmobile is being worked on as well. They're a big challenge. Delorean is also something they're still looking into but not sure if it'll be this year or next.
- Mera can be done but not 100%. Nothing in the works atm.
- John Snow in the works.
- They don't want to reveal too much too early anymore due to them being so open last year. It back fired on them with people criticizing them for not following their schedule to the tea or for what they revealed. Will keep stuff more closer to the chest moving forward.
- 2 Michael Jackson figures coming. Isn't doing Thriller since QS is doing a bust on it. Thinks he saw one with the Super Bowl outfit.
- Dune is fully signed and a global license at that. Paul will be first.
- They don't want to rely on pleather or any material that will degrade on the higher ending costing figures. They might have to if real leather brings the price too high up but they will avoid it as much as possible and use real leather if it works best. The Batman's cape is not pleather and is made out of some type of pvc material. Not 100% sure but they are actively avoiding things that degrade.
- Phoenix Joker will be around $1000. Could be a 2 pack and will be a limited release. The high price is due to the licensor requesting it. It's not in their hands to control and is a mandate. <- Most likely why Hot Toys never did it.
- Currently targeting the main Fellowship and will target the characters that are the most popular. Legolas and Nazgul in the works atm but if the demand is there, they will expand beyond the Fellowship as well in the future. Sauron for example is a big technical challenge so the demand needs to be there inorder for them to commit to it.
- TDK Two-Face not in the plans. TDK Batman is currently in the works. John hoping for Bane.
- Not sure which suit the Affleck Batman is from. He just saw it on the list of things they're working on so it's still in the works.
- They want to do something special with Harry Potter, a sub brand. Maybe Master Series for it? Who knows. 1/3 statues also coming.
- No Shazam happening atm
- Reward point system is something that's possible in the future. Not possible at the moment. Says that it depends on a lot of retailers and how they work. Some retailers don't like to share their customer base info with them since they're afraid they'll take the customers away from them, even though they're working together.
- Was contacted from someone from MGM. John Wick is possible.
- Already saw a sculpt of Neo (Matrix 4 version unfornately). Can just be reused for John Wick with a bit of tweaking.
- Spoke with the Terminator licensor when they visited the US last year. The licensor would like to see how they do with the new statue/bust that they're working on. If that bust/statue works out, they will be looking into 1/6.
- They shared with the team in Thailand about Gandalf's beard and a few other feedbacks they heard. The team noted it but has nothing to announce right now.
- They can possibly scale up to the point where they're releasing 20-30 figures but right now, they want to make sure each release is detailed and doesn't drop in quality.
- Rocky is not in the works since they're working on their own figures right now.
- They contacted the licensor for The Boys and Peaky Blinders but the challenge was that other companies already had it. (F U Star Ace)
- A lot of older movies is a challenge for them (Superman Returns, Batman Returns, Older classic movies) since their main audience is China. The movie audience is a lot younger there so the demand for that isn't quite there. There are a few exemption like Terminator but in general, it's a bit of a challenge.

Last edited:
A very good call to put the brakes on those announcements. They seem to have a rather large backlog as it is from that wave 1 list. Add to that the 2 x MJ figures and Jon Snow, and it seems they’ll have their hands full for the entirety of 2023 with just that list alone.

Last edited:
Out of all the info from the latest live stream, I'm most excited about Harry Potter and that they want to potentially make that it's own sub-brand. I would hope that would mean they plan to go deep in the line. And I hope the 1/3 statues do well b/c I'd buy a 1/3 Snape in a hearbeat. Same with Sirius but I doubt he's important enough for a 1/3 statue in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
They just did a new interview with John so listing some info from it.

- Phoenix Joker will be around $1000. Could be a 2 pack and will be a limited release. The high price is due to the licensor requesting it. It's not in their hands to control and is a mandate. <- Most likely why Hot Toys never did it.

Unfortunate on the price. However, it's understandable considering that toys and collectibles were not originally in the cards for Joker due to the content of the film. I assume the mandate on the price is intended to ensure that buyers are adult collectors.

Thanks for the breakdown @Hologram AI

The Terminator news is good to see, hopefully they're able to do 1/6 figures.

Not sure why they would do a Matrix 4 Neo.

All of you LotR uberfans better buy all the dwarves, Hobbits, and whatever else, so that I can get my Sauron!

Kidding aside, some good stuff there. I’m most interested to see the DUNC dollies and what SuperCavill they go with. BaleMan is a given so I’m not fussing too much. Shame that they did just a Matrix 4 Neo, as I want one from 2/3. Well, more of a wait is not that big of a deal. HP sounds interesting, but I doubt I’d buy anything beyond maybe a Harry at best. Still, exciting stuff. This is going to be a fun year. I’ll sadly be passing on Phoenixoker but I get why it’s offered like that. Maybe I’ll have another shot when the sequel is released and they make another dolly some years later.

Though I don’t know why they’d move forward with M4trix Neo, Black Adam and Mera. None of those movies were hits. Why waste resources and not fast track some of the more sure sellers? I suppose Mera at least could make for a pretty cool figure, though the problem is finding someone to drop 500$ for her rooted dolly. Meanwhile M4trix Neo is a boring design compared to his iconic looks, and Adam… Meh. Whatever, as long as I get my dollies, I don’t care about the rest of their schedule.

Unfortunate on the price. However, it's understandable considering that toys and collectibles were not originally in the cards for Joker due to the content of the film. I assume the mandate on the price is intended to ensure that buyers are adult collectors.
There must be an overabundance of underaged kids buying up loads of typical high-end figures priced between 270-400usd so WB thought 'Damn these youths and their inexplicable disposable incomes!
In order to protect their innocence and shield them from the dark content of this movie and the antisocial behaviour and antiestablishmentarianism of its protaganist- despite them all having undoubtedly seen the film and all having had unfettered access to the internet since the age of 6, with the ability to find every recorded horror known to man at the click of a button, not to mention misinformation presented as fact, ideological indoctrination fed by the algorithms and the unending barrage of vitriol found in facebook and youtube etc. comments sections - we'll have to set the boundary for toys at one thousand dollars. That will keep the children pure a little longer.'

Maybe I’m misremembering, but is it true they were planning on doing an Arkham Batman based on the 1st game?
Thats my all time favourite batsuit so I hope that they do. It would be an excellent opportunity to pay tribute to Kevin Conroy as well, may he RIP.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but is it true they were planning on doing an Arkham Batman based on the 1st game?
Thats my all time favourite batsuit so I hope that they do. It would be an excellent opportunity to pay tribute to Kevin Conroy as well, may he RIP.
You’re most likely just remember the ludicrous amount of Facebook comments they got for every version of Batman in media commented ad nauseam throughout every decade of cinema irrespective of its irrelevance to that category.

Though I don’t know why they’d move forward with M4trix Neo, Black Adam and Mera. None of those movies were hits. Why waste resources and not fast track some of the more sure sellers? I suppose Mera at least could make for a pretty cool figure, though the problem is finding someone to drop 500$ for her rooted dolly

Indeed, Black Adam will have been totally forgotten by the time the figure’s out - and he’s the best known of those 3 atm. At least in the west, don’t really know how it works in their market back in China.

They said last night that movies before the late 2000’s aren’t that well known in China and that’s why Keaton or Reeves aren’t a priority, yet I don’t know how it’s any better to produce Neo or Black Adam than those 2, since the first didn’t even reach 10m box office there and Black Adam hasn’t even been released. I hope they backtrack from those - time is a valuable thing and as a new company there’s so much other stuff with which they could impress us.

Besides better renditions of classics (Keaton, Kilmer, Reeves), here’s to hoping Inart can reach with their premium pricetags were other’s couldn’t: Tom Cruise in whatever movie (c’mon, we need that!), a good 007 with a DB7 maybe. Also in due time maybe some gaming characters, since their doing anime, why not venture into that other realm? Geralt, Kratos, Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, Snake, Eizo, Dante, Ryu, Ratchet, Samus, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Chloe (Life is Strange)… and Rayman of course. Give me a realistic Rayman, floatnig hands, head and body, and I’ll give you all my money :ROFLMAO:

Hoping Mera still ends up seeing to light, but it seems like they're deliberately postponing her to see how she will be handled in the next movie after all the rumors of recasting and extremely limited screen time.
Honestly I just want the quality Mera figure so I can use the head sculpt on a custom Mara Jade :naughty

All of you LotR uberfans better buy all the dwarves, Hobbits, and whatever else, so that I can get my Sauron!

Kidding aside, some good stuff there. I’m most interested to see the DUNC dollies and what SuperCavill they go with. BaleMan is a given so I’m not fussing too much. Shame that they did just a Matrix 4 Neo, as I want one from 2/3. Well, more of a wait is not that big of a deal. HP sounds interesting, but I doubt I’d buy anything beyond maybe a Harry at best. Still, exciting stuff. This is going to be a fun year. I’ll sadly be passing on Phoenixoker but I get why it’s offered like that. Maybe I’ll have another shot when the sequel is released and they make another dolly some years later.

Though I don’t know why they’d move forward with M4trix Neo, Black Adam and Mera. None of those movies were hits. Why waste resources and not fast track some of the more sure sellers? I suppose Mera at least could make for a pretty cool figure, though the problem is finding someone to drop 500$ for her rooted dolly. Meanwhile M4trix Neo is a boring design compared to his iconic looks, and Adam… Meh. Whatever, as long as I get my dollies, I don’t care about the rest of their schedule.
Already have a list as long as my arm for InArt LOTR figures, so bring them all on. How much would a 1:6 diecast Sauron cost, do you think? $1000-1500? Probably more than the WETA.

I’d even consider a few figures from The Hobbit films, even though I’m not the biggest fan of those. Thorin in his golden armour would be a thing of beauty, Thranduil, Bilbo and a couple of the dwarves. Rings of Power can take a dive off a cliff though. If we get a petulant brat Galadriel before Cate Blanchett Galadriel I’ll vomit.

Back