Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’ll raise you…

3699F2FD-1903-4E85-8152-0A68DBB94A63.gif

Honestly, I think she's kind "Plain Jane". Not unattractive or anything just sort of unremarkable?

Still my current favorite I think:
AmusedGloriousGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

She also gained points for acknowledging that female James bond was a dumb idea :lecture

Surprised she didn't make it into DUNC given Villenueve using a lot of the same actors in his work.

Honestly, I think she's kind "Plain Jane". Not unattractive or anything just sort of unremarkable?

Still my current favorite I think:
View attachment 605512

She also gained points for acknowledging that female James bond was a dumb idea :lecture

Surprised she didn't make it into DUNC given Villenueve using a lot of the same actors in his work.
ArtDamage I would block you for that Plain Jane comment, but you totally redeemed yourself with Ana.

Though Rian Johnson pulled off the impossible and made her look just so so in Knives Out. An even bigger crime than The Last Jedi.

I suppose, considering how much fuss is going to be made about Dune Part 2 (Warner has a lot to make it up to Legendary for, for just dumping such a blockbuster on streaming) that they might be waiting a little longer for the release of figures until that hype starts in autumn next year.

The second film is going to be a gigantic story. The first film is like a prologue to what's coming in Part 2. I'm so excited about it because I adored the first film and think Denis Villeneuve is the perfect person for a project like this.

I have a feeling it's going to be hugely successful too because Part 1 did RELATIVELY well at the cinemas right in the middle of Covid and while being free to view immediately on HBOMax. It's also had physical editions which have sold out and it's been high up on the rentals/downloads since its release. It's still 29 now.

I suppose, considering how much fuss is going to be made about Dune Part 2 (Warner has a lot to make it up to Legendary for, for just dumping such a blockbuster on streaming) that they might be waiting a little longer for the release of figures until that hype starts in autumn next year.

The second film is going to be a gigantic story. The first film is like a prologue to what's coming in Part 2. I'm so excited about it because I adored the first film and think Denis Villeneuve is the perfect person for a project like this.

I have a feeling it's going to be hugely successful too because Part 1 did RELATIVELY well at the cinemas right in the middle of Covid and while being free to view immediately on HBOMax. It's also had physical editions which have sold out and it's been high up on the rentals/downloads since its release. It's still 29 now.
Did Dune not go to cinemas in the States? Wow.
We got it in Australia.

So after all these recent "shows" is there any timing plan for next figure pre-orders ?
Nothing officially stated- but, unless the comments from these shows have scared IA into completely re-sculpting their Aragorn, I’m expecting him to go up from PO just after the 15th November. InArt figures always seem to go up around my pay day, which works out nicely.

I love how in the Batman thread many posts got deleted because of the debate over his nose, yet this thread can debate the MILF status of actresses without a problem, wtf. :rotfl
There's only so much talk a dolly's nose can take up. But who would object to beautiful women? Besides, it's relatively on topic. I just want my DUNC figures and Rebecca Ferguson played Lady Jessica. I'm within my rights!

Did Dune not go to cinemas in the States? Wow.
We got it in Australia.
Yeah it did, but the old WB regime made the boneheaded decision to release day and date to cinemas + streaming. So naturally most stayed at home and watched it via streaming.

Had some thoughts over in the Strike Cap thread that felt more appropriate here.

All this InArt smoke being blown when nothing has been released is hilarious, but to that point
one has to wonder what people "expect" from costuming on a toy (or high-end collectible)
at 1/6 scale, you can only get so far with mass-produced figures.

Yes, you can get things tighter and better with custom tailoring, low-run pieces but IMO, what
Hot Toys has been doing looks pretty damn good.

Yeah the hive mentality folks have got about InArt is almost scary to me, in a way. Literally overnight it was/is an us vs them argument, much like the way everyone tends to behave these days about a great many things.

But to just crown InArt as this bastion oh hope in a trash hobby is so utterly narrow to me that I can't wrap my head around it. Last I checked the same folks have been on HT's teat for plenty of years and thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of their labor.

With the exception of the rooting, there's nothing I've seen out of InArt that I haven't at some point seen from HT, or HT has done better, at some point. That's not to say I don't think they look really, really good....but calling them the next evolution is...excessive.

I'm getting a bit of an Apple vibe out of InArt: lots of jazz hands, come out swinging with tons of curated tech that has existed for a while, and claim it as revolutionary, while sprinkling some actually neat stuff in.

I still stand by that InArt will end up somewhere on the spectrum of regular (i.e. not Yondu-esque) HT release to very very high quality third party. And that's pretty good for a first outing.

The best thing is that it kicked the hornet's nest a bit and HT has spiced up their releases, that's good. But you can already see as the cards are hitting the table after the Vegas event, HT isn't as worried as it seemed they were at first. The downside is that InArt has given the entire hobby a price juice because EVERY manufacturer now sees folks are willing to lay down more than the currently inflated market. That's bad.

Had some thoughts over in the Strike Cap thread that felt more appropriate here.

Yeah the hive mentality folks have got about InArt is almost scary to me, in a way. Literally overnight it was/is an us vs them argument, much like the way everyone tends to behave these days about a great many things.

But to just crown InArt as this bastion oh hope in a trash hobby is so utterly narrow to me that I can't wrap my head around it. Last I checked the same folks have been on HT's teat for plenty of years and thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of their labor.

With the exception of the rooting, there's nothing I've seen out of InArt that I haven't at some point seen from HT, or HT has done better, at some point. That's not to say I don't think they look really, really good....but calling them the next evolution is...excessive.

I'm getting a bit of an Apple vibe out of InArt: lots of jazz hands, come out swinging with tons of curated tech that has existed for a while, and claim it as revolutionary, while sprinkling some actually neat stuff in.

I still stand by that InArt will end up somewhere on the spectrum of regular (i.e. not Yondu-esque) HT release to very very high quality third party. And that's pretty good for a first outing.

The best thing is that it kicked the hornet's nest a bit and HT has spiced up their releases, that's good. But you can already see as the cards are hitting the table after the Vegas event, HT isn't as worried as it seemed they were at first. The downside is that InArt has given the entire hobby a price juice because EVERY manufacturer now sees folks are willing to lay down more than the currently inflated market. That's bad.

I completely agree here, I have no personal stake in the arguments for and against but to me you
have to prove it with consistent production quality and something way better than the competition to
be crowned the "new king" of the industry. Just releasing one or two great pieces doesn't mean you are
greater than the guy who has been in the game for years.

I am also not like Justin who has next to no complaints about Hot Toys. I have plenty of gripes with
things they do on pieces, but I appreciate the pieces I have, to be sure.

Also, for everyone that keeps complaining about the price increases for Hot Toys... the InArt pricing
is higher, and the only big difference is rooted hair. Let's ask Hot Toys to do a $700 DX Joker set with rooted hair,
two bodies, etc. and let's then see what they come up with. Comparing InArt Joker to DX11 is not a fair comparison.

InArt has released nothing yet and Queen Studios as a whole is sliding in their quality from what I can see.
The prototypes are great and then what I am seeing in production looks "meh".
I'm not thrilled with the 1/1 Loki bust that was displayed at Vegas, and I have that on PO... but it isn't looking
$4,000.00 good to me. The faces on the Captain America pieces look sub-par from the prototypes, as well...
especially in the paint department.

All that said, I would personally side on seeing is believing when it comes to what their 1/6 line is producing over time.
I may just pick up a InArt Joker to see for myself what it delivers as far as quality.

If I see a dozen+ releases in a row that are way better than anything Hot Toys is making AND priced in-line with Hot Toys
then I will kiss their ass and say they are the best... however, I am not handing out praise where none is due.

Last edited:
Back