Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, Black Adam will have been totally forgotten by the time the figure’s out - and he’s the best known of those 3 atm. At least in the west, don’t really know how it works in their market back in China.

They said last night that movies before the late 2000’s aren’t that well known in China and that’s why Keaton or Reeves aren’t a priority, yet I don’t know how it’s any better to produce Neo or Black Adam than those 2, since the first didn’t even reach 10m box office there and Black Adam hasn’t even been released. I hope they backtrack from those - time is a valuable thing and as a new company there’s so much other stuff with which they could impress us.

Besides better renditions of classics (Keaton, Kilmer, Reeves), here’s to hoping Inart can reach with their premium pricetags were other’s couldn’t: Tom Cruise in whatever movie (c’mon, we need that!), a good 007 with a DB7 maybe. Also in due time maybe some gaming characters, since their doing anime, why not venture into that other realm? Geralt, Kratos, Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, Snake, Eizo, Dante, Ryu, Ratchet, Samus, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Chloe (Life is Strange)… and Rayman of course. Give me a realistic Rayman, floatnig hands, head and body, and I’ll give you all my money :ROFLMAO:
I'm hoping that they do venture to the 2000s at the very least. Making a M4TRIX Nero and never a Reloaded/Revolutions one would be like making the Watchmen starting off with Silk Spectre and the Comedian and never making Rorschach o- Waaaaiiit a minute...

But yeah, I'd love to see them try and pick up some VG licenses. Mass Effect, Halo, certainly God Of War; there's potential. And since IA seems interested in only making the most prominent characters from each license, it'll be easy for them to pick a license up, do the MC(s), and move on.

Already have a list as long as my arm for InArt LOTR figures, so bring them all on. How much would a 1:6 diecast Sauron cost, do you think? $1000-1500? Probably more than the WETA.

I’d even consider a few figures from The Hobbit films, even though I’m not the biggest fan of those. Thorin in his golden armour would be a thing of beauty, Thranduil, Bilbo and a couple of the dwarves. Rings of Power can take a dive off a cliff though. If we get a petulant brat Galadriel before Cate Blanchett Galadriel I’ll vomit.
I think he'd definitely be around the 1K mark. Dunno if I'd be able to swing him, but I'd certainly try. It's why I didn't mind if they take their time with him... As it stands I'm planning for my LotR collection to be ROTK Aragorn, GtW, and hopefully Sauron.

But yeah, I'd love to see them try and pick up some VG licenses. Mass Effect, Halo, certainly God Of War; there's potential. And since IA seems interested in only making the most prominent characters from each license, it'll be easy for them to pick a license up, do the MC(s), and move on.
If we start getting VG licenses, my wallet is going to kill me. No way I would be able to resist some quality Mass Effect figures, or a shiny Samus Aran, or Dark Souls, or…

If we start getting VG licenses, my wallet is going to kill me. No way I would be able to resist some quality Mass Effect figures, or a shiny Samus Aran, or Dark Souls, or…
At this point I've given up on lists and the such myself. I've got a bit of a guideline based on which characters and IPs mean the most to me, some basic plans in regards to where some figures would go and what genres/themes/etc would fit with each other, but beyond that, I'm just going with the flow. If a Master Chief happens in 2025 or something, it's a no-go with how packed that year is. If it's in 2027, yeah, sure. But then who knows what 2027 will be like? Me I'd try to get a Shepard at least, ideally with Liara and Garrus. Then a Master Chief and a Samus. Kratos of course. MGS is the VG line I'd want the most from. But with VGs collectibles are rather scarce, so I try to not have unrealistic expectations. A few from my favourite Sci-Fi series would be good enough.

Im all in for a real 1/6 John (spartan :p)
The problem here is how one would be done. 3A's attempt was not up to par. And you need both the rubber undersuit and the metal armour on top. If pulled off, it'd truly be a pretty stunning figure.

All of you LotR uberfans better buy all the dwarves, Hobbits, and whatever else, so that I can get my Sauron!

Kidding aside, some good stuff there. I’m most interested to see the DUNC dollies and what SuperCavill they go with. BaleMan is a given so I’m not fussing too much. Shame that they did just a Matrix 4 Neo, as I want one from 2/3. Well, more of a wait is not that big of a deal. HP sounds interesting, but I doubt I’d buy anything beyond maybe a Harry at best. Still, exciting stuff. This is going to be a fun year. I’ll sadly be passing on Phoenixoker but I get why it’s offered like that. Maybe I’ll have another shot when the sequel is released and they make another dolly some years later.

Though I don’t know why they’d move forward with M4trix Neo, Black Adam and Mera. None of those movies were hits. Why waste resources and not fast track some of the more sure sellers? I suppose Mera at least could make for a pretty cool figure, though the problem is finding someone to drop 500$ for her rooted dolly. Meanwhile M4trix Neo is a boring design compared to his iconic looks, and Adam… Meh. Whatever, as long as I get my dollies, I don’t care about the rest of their schedule.
Well on Black Adam it sounded like they're already close to finalizing that one. After committing money and resources to get that far it wouldn't make much sense to cancel now.

On Mera John said in China people either don't know about Amber's court case or don't care. Mera statues and busts sell well in that market.

- Spoke with the Terminator licensor when they visited the US last year. The licensor would like to see how they do with the new statue/bust that they're working on. If that bust/statue works out, they will be looking into 1/6.
Very happy with this news. Even if nothing comes of it in the end, it's nice to see that they actually followed up on the poll results and are trying to get the license.
It also means any figures wouldn't be annouced until 2024 at the earliest, so I have some more time to sell that DX13 like I was planning, before the value drops. :lol

A T1 Arnold from InArt would be hard to pass up. Although I'd love to see a 1/4 statue even more.

At the moment, this is the only company I trust not to get complacent with likeness or materials (both have been issues for Hot Toys and Prime 1).

Well on Black Adam it sounded like they're already close to finalizing that one. After committing money and resources to get that far it wouldn't make much sense to cancel now.

On Mera John said in China people either don't know about Amber's court case or don't care. Mera statues and busts sell well in that market.
Yeah, that does make sense. But I need them to hurry up and give me my Paul dolly. I wanna brush some hair like you guys and your Jokors and Aragorns...

Sex sells. Everywhere.
Truth. I'm not ashamed to say that there are actresses whose dollies I'd buy even if they played a character I'm not a big fan of. I hope IA makes a Lady Jessica, preferably in a dress or something and not the Stillsuit. I want a rooted Rebecca Ferguson on my shelf...

tumblr_nsr910MF6r1tjhhvio1_1280.png

I'd accept her as Fem!Doom for... reasons...

I never got the Heard hype though. Good face, but disappointing body.

1655755134129.jpg

I always thought of her as discount store brand with no talent Keira Knightley.

Elizabeth5.webp

Man, how awesome would an IA PotC line be? Expensive, but all those wigs and long hair would look absolutely phenomenal rooted. Plus, real leather. And maybe a silicone Davy Jones?! Oh God, I can see myself in 12 years rebuying my entire HT MCU collection. "Oh man, this IA Clown Kang with real metal is definitely a worthy 600€ update to my original plastic Clown Kang; I've gotta have it!". Christ...

Now you're talking my language! Jack and Barbossa -- just that would be perfect for InArt's abilities.
Jack, Barbossa and Jones are must haves for me. I'd sacrifice something else to get them with rooted hair and everything. But my nostalgia would probably make me buy an Elizabeth too, so at that point I'd also want a Will to complete the set. Still, I need it. And I also loathe the idea that IA could start grabbing Disney licenses in 6 years or something, because then I'd have to start replacing my Marvel and SW dollies...

Jack, Barbossa and Jones are must haves for me. I'd sacrifice something else to get them with rooted hair and everything. But my nostalgia would probably make me buy an Elizabeth too, so at that point I'd also want a Will to complete the set. Still, I need it. And I also loathe the idea that IA could start grabbing Disney licenses in 6 years or something, because then I'd have to start replacing my Marvel and SW dollies...

Oh, I would love a Davy Jones... in fact, I would get Jack, Barbossa, Davy, Will and Elizabeth.

But its just with the mixed media, the hair, the beads, everything, Jack and Barbossa would really shine with their complex outfits given the InArt treatment.

Sigh. All these redos. I want to see something new!

I do think there's room to revisit stuff that has been done in maybe a decade or more and deserves to be brought up to this quality standard: T2 Arnie, Indiana Jones, Hicks from Aliens etc...

But I agree with the fact that we don't need more Batman or whatever. Bats is great don't get me wrong, but let's see some stuff that there's no way HT would touch.

I think InArt need to actively seek out characters that really show off their skills adapting every element of their appearance in sixth scale.

Aragorn is the best sixth scale figure I've ever seen and will be referenced as such for years to come.

Jack Sparrow is another great example where every part from head to toe would be a work of art.

I think InArt need to actively seek out characters that really show off their skills adapting every element of their appearance in sixth scale.

Aragorn is the best sixth scale figure I've ever seen and will be referenced as such for years to come.

Jack Sparrow is another great example where every part from head to toe would be a work of art.
Yeah but HT had a great go at Sparrow. Do something new or do something that’s been done badly in the past.

Sigh. All these redos. I want to see something new!
Then you should sign my petition for a Young Pope Lenny Belardo 1K pack with all of the needed Vatican Drip.

the-young-pope-trailer-21497501_PRO35_10-1920.jpg

I think we could convince InArt to make this one!

Kidding aside I get it, I'd like some more original stuff too, but this hobby is driven by nostalgia, so most people go for their decades and whatnot. We'll see a whole lot of Terminators and the such before anything truly new. Videogames don't do well in merchandise, comic books are on the mercy of the movie adaptations and a lot of cult classics aren't made for merchandising, so the big tentpole movie franchises that are evergreen are always the one that are one most people's minds.

Oh, I would love a Davy Jones... in fact, I would get Jack, Barbossa, Davy, Will and Elizabeth.

But its just with the mixed media, the hair, the beads, everything, Jack and Barbossa would really shine with their complex outfits given the InArt treatment.
Exactly. We're not really dying for IA Stormtroopers or Hawkeye, but the PotC characters need that great rooted treatment to really be as "high end" as possible.

I do think there's room to revisit stuff that has been done in maybe a decade or more and deserves to be brought up to this quality standard: T2 Arnie, Indiana Jones, Hicks from Aliens etc...

But I agree with the fact that we don't need more Batman or whatever. Bats is great don't get me wrong, but let's see some stuff that there's no way HT would touch.
I wish we'd get a whole lot less Batman. Everywhere you look it's Batman. I get it, I was really into Gothic too a decade or whatever ago, but Christ. Them not really considering Two-Face gives me hope that they won't milk the NolanVerse like HT did. I'd take a new Arkham Knight Batman though. I'd like a comic book-y Batman next to Bale and Pattinson. But I stopped caring about the character beyond the core aesthetic ages ago, so I most certainly need no villains.

I think they should try something "armoured" at some point. They've shown that they can do tailoring and rooting. Now comes the rubber, the leather, the metal. Show me something space-y like the aforementioned Master Chief. I do wonder if they could try and pull off a seamless classic Kratos. Maybe Conan or Leonidas.

Last edited:
Videogames don't do well in merchandise, comic books are on the mercy of the movie adaptations and a lot of cult classics aren't made for merchandising, so the big tentpole movie franchises that are evergreen are always the one that are one most people's minds.
I mean sure… besides Pokemon, you mean, right? Anywho, while it might be true, Inart is not out for big numbers in production since they’re a premium brand, but a guaranteed niche willing to put the money required. They don’t need a huge fanbase, they need a cult they know will buy whatever they release. I think that’s the biggest difference actually from their model to Hot Toys. And if they continue to deliver, they will totally prevail.

The announcement about them releasing anime stuff was huge too. Anime does move massives amount of money as a whole, but on this high end level it’s almost nothing compared to what we’re used to (batstuff, galaxy pew-pew’s, etc), so I hope they at least keep on trying to search for those markets that haven’t been explored at this level of quality.

Also, gaming keeps on growing, and Sony specially is really up to something with their gaming industry when it comes to acknowledgement from a cultural standpoint and social(media) impact too so…here’s to hoping.

Heck, I forgot. I want the Ghost of Tsushima. Oh my… daydreaming yet again. Yeah, yeah, there’s the VTS one but c’mon, what an underwhelming choice of clothes that was, and soft face… I need Viper’s touch on it. He’d kill it.

It's a real shame they couldn't get the licenses for Peaky Blinders and the Boys, I would have killed for a top quality Tommy Shelby, instead I have to settle for the BCS one instead :rolleyes:

Homelander would have been an instant buy as well.

Back