Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker is definitely not prototype

What has been reviewed is. Again, this is hilarious... nothing is in actual people's hands yet!
They can say "this is production", but is it? Or is it the first off the production line??

You don't know, nobody knows at this point. I want to see actual reviews of the piece
that people bought from retailers. Hasn't happened yet.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I personally have no bitterness about InArt... just being realistic about
the state of their product / company.

I have overpaid for pieces from different companies over the years, but that doesn't really matter in the end if
I am happy with the pieces that I bought. It falls under "x-thing is worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

Just remember, even when Justin gets a bonafide, no more excuses, no room left for denial, genuine production piece- he’s still gonna blast it with blazing white light from every angle and won’t futz for a second.

InArt have confirmed numerous times now that Justin got a production piece, the Jokers at the recent shows were production pieces pulled off the assembly line and the dozens of Jokers in their promo to highlight the finished product were, low and behold, production pieces.
At this point, to deliver an inferior product to what has been widely advertised as FINAL would be brand suicide.

The decline in quality from the promotional proto to what is being shown now is in keeping with what one would expect from an artist made, custom tailored, painted and haired piece to a mass produced replication.

InArt hasn't done anything recently to keep the hype going for anything they're working on.
I would at least think they would come out with some kind of news regarding their Gandalf the Grey after Asmus dropped their amazing Gandalf the White out of the blue. Are they intentionally not trying to compete?

After the feedback on their Vegas and Thailand shows, and the somewhat lukewarm reactions to Gandalf and especially Aragorn, perhaps they feel its time to concentrate on their wares rather than marketing?

They are greatly behind on their promise of those six silhouettes that were supposed to be reveal already -- no Paul, no Neo, no Nazgul, no Legolas.

Wondering if they'll have any sense at all to announce the remaining fixes people have been asking about (Gandalf's beard length, Aragorn's... unfortunate entirety) before unveiling the rest. Hopefully all by the end of the year.

I've given up on a Paul PO before the year is over. I don't mind waiting, but I've made a habit of POing a dolly when the New Year enters, so I hope HT shows something I'm interested in soon. Still, remember IA's "2022-2023 slate" with stuff like Mera and Harry Potter there? I think we'll be lucky to get the silhouettes plus some more Batmen in 2023.

Based on absolutely nothing but their previous figure schedule, I expected Aragorn was intended to be announced last week but his reveal did not go down well at all and they’ve gone right back to the drawing board to address all the issues- of which there were many.

They’re also supposedly in the final stages of the Joker release so I imagine it’s all hands on deck for quality control checks to ensure there isn’t a single duffer leaving the factory.

Personally, I’ve had a very expensive month so absolutely don’t mind the hold up.
Most of their the public interaction is just lip service or false promises that just lands them in trouble later on so I also expect them to adopt a less is more approach.
Less than they’ve been doing and only announcing things when plans are fully set in stone and more regular comms than Hot Toys utter neglect of the fanbase would be ideal.

I'm looking forward to their Phoenix Joker too... seems like a simpler figure for them to get right.
The relative simplicity might just make it harder to justify the extra super premium price tag companies seem to be contractually obliged to give to all Joker movie merchandise.

The relative simplicity might just make it harder to justify the extra super premium price tag companies seem to be contractually obliged to give to all Joker movie merchandise.

Maybe. But a Fleck/Joker 2-pack is an easy $1K.

Joker with pistol, mask, some colorful Nightshow drapes for the stand, rooted hair, 2nd bloody Joker head, etc, would likely get $500.

InArt seems to do well with Clowns.

423088-FB-IMG-1671905156236.jpg

423087-FB-IMG-1671905158418.jpg

In hand photos of released product for those that ordered directly from Queen studios website
I think they nailed it

Back