QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a better-looking Spock, not that I don't absolutely love the QMx Spock I already have. If they release a new version of Spock, I'd probably pick it up too just for the better likeness (in his dress uniform perhaps?)

Spock looks great right there. Would love to see them start to including the formal dress shirts with these figures going forward. Might have to do a dress shirt three pack for Kirk, Spock, & Bones down the road, instead of full figures.

Just posted from Inigo. He did Kirk.

b239970f9ecd239e1a06699f0d5e5892.png
0d34af71b13e5a2f09f2070df84164cf.png

Great sculpt! Happy with these updates and a second chance to get Kirk and hopefully Spock (I went the Mezco route much to my regret). I want the entire bridge crew (re-watching it all again at the moment) but it's difficult to take the plunge without the main guys being available, glad that will change

Janice looks great and I'm glad that option exists. How good to scale are the Barbie Uhura uniform?

Qmx is saying on Twitter Nanjin might have possible sneak peaks at the forum later today

We shall see

Sybek1 - The Barbie Uhura dress looks fine, particularly if that figure isn’t meant to be the centerpiece of your display. It’s short, so be careful about it riding up too far when posing her. And, of course, I wouldn’t want to try to get it on a rubber TBLeague-type body. Her boots aren’t great, but they’re easy to swap out (in the picture, I have the stock plastic Barbie boots on, sans feet, because those don’t fit in Barbie shoes). The real long-term unknown will be whether the red of her uniform is a close enough match to that of the forthcoming QMX Scotty.

Star Trek Barbie dress.jpg

Uhura looks perfect, and I'm glad they chose her earlier hairstyle with the bangs as it's my favorite.

It's a shame Inigo didn't make a Spock to go along with his Kirk. It probably would have looked amazing.

Agreed -- Uhura render looks perfect. I hope it gets translated into physical form just like that. I'm happy that Scotty and Sulu will be released. I am disappointed that there was no mention of a Lt. Commander Data release date. Picard figure REALLY needs at least one companion piece. Collecting Trek sixth-scale forces me to develop the kind of patience required to wait for that rare artifact you may never even see. I know how Indiana Jones must've felt. ;0

All look great (except poor Chekov :rotfl) Very happy to see the TOS bridge crew moving towards completion--the full set is GRAIL status for my personal collection...

We'll see if any of this stuff gets produced beyond Scotty and Sulu- I know I know but I'd say their sales will be weak....should have done a rerelease of Kirk and Spock(new outfits) to liven up interest...

Yeah I really hope everything isn't hinging on how well those two sell, and that they're prepared to keep going at least long enough to release the TWOK figures.

As I said before, I'm hoping they'll be offering these at the lower price Khan went for, since I expect them to be pretty barebones and (for many people) they're not the kind of must-have figures that Kirk, Spock and McCoy were.

Sulu looks good- Scotty not quite the Scotty I knew...Data- why the wide open eyes?

I hope the release schedule pans out for those two! Spock sculpt does look way better. I am not 100% satisfied with the existing one, but. . .not sure how they release it. Dax and Sisko would be buys for me, but I can't see them happening.

That Data sculpt looks like it got warped from the cast. Almost like a bad production sculpt. Not good.

Barbie seems to fit Kumik bodies allegedly but the Xing one was just the wrong shape. That said, I think I have the one I have might be the older Barbie uniform from Ebay. The Uhura one might be a better fit. These are the pics I put on Facebook.

View attachment 421611
Awesome Rand custom! Kirk's interaction with her in the show was totally inappropriate, by the way :lol #METOO

I hope the release schedule pans out for those two! Spock sculpt does look way better. I am not 100% satisfied with the existing one, but. . .not sure how they release it. Dax and Sisko would be buys for me, but I can't see them happening.

That Data sculpt looks like it got warped from the cast. Almost like a bad production sculpt. Not good.

Awesome Rand custom! Kirk's interaction with her in the show was totally inappropriate, by the way :lol #METOO

_20180804_142250.jpg

I've experimented with Citadel shading paints. Purple shading on Spock's lips has made a noticeable difference to the likeness, although I'm not sure it shows up that well on camera.

BTW I fly the flag for Rand because the actress WAS a victim of sexual assault by an unnamed producer and was then effectively fired a week later. She was forced into sexual role play and if you see how often Rand was assaulted in the show it does make you wonder if there was some kind of creepy stalking thing going on there.

Still, I'm stoked to have the season one main cast in the bag. Bring on the rest!

The eyes, mouth and nose of that Data are perfect. It's the wrinkles around the eye sockets and cheekbones that are killing the likeness. Brent is definitely in that sculpt, it just needs a radical amount of smoothing out.

Back