QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1533394137828.jpg

Close up picture of Spock with more luscious lips.

That rendition of Uhura looks very good. Chekov?... not so much.

I would definitely double dip on the crew if provided with "Mirror, Mirror" versions. If you don't want a goatee'd Spock, you are cuckoo!

Well after today's amazing news it looks like I'll be needing another Picard figure now... in whatever new outfit he'll be wearing. :D
Ditto[emoji106]
I also think this news may inadvertently end up saving the line. Interest in(at least) next generation figures may go up, Picards sales may spike and it maybe enough to make sales go up all over.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this is just the boost in excitement QMX was looking for, that unfortunately wasn't being provided by DSC or the Kelvin movies.

Kinda sounds like he'll be off exploring on his own though and no longer commanding a Starship, so there may not be a cool new Starfleet uniform for the figure to wear.

Not really sure where you got that idea. Stewart already said that it takes place 20 years after Nemesis, and will focus on some new chapter of Picard's life, so clearly it's going to be more than just a voiceover.

Given what QMX said about 'new media' needed to kickstart the serenity figures, I think this might bode really, really well for TNG, especially the massive outpouring of enthusiasm and love that everyone seems to have for the idea. This might bring in a lot of new punters for QMX. Staining aside(which on the vast majority of figures is easily hidden) Picard is a spectacular figure, and I now have high hopes we'll see some more.

Looking forward to finally completing the TOS bridge crew. I'm sure Chekov is just an early render and will continue to be refined. Really like the new Spock render. I'd really like to see a few iconic aliens in the future -- Gorn, Salt Monster, Mugato, Orion Slave Girl, Andorian

That's one more reason for me to chose that hair style for Uhura [emoji6]
Uhura looks perfect, and I'm glad they chose her earlier hairstyle with the bangs as it's my favorite.

It's a shame Inigo didn't make a Spock to go along with his Kirk. It probably would have looked amazing.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Not really sure where you got that idea. Stewart already said that it takes place 20 years after Nemesis, and will focus on some new chapter of Picard's life, so clearly it's going to be more than just a voiceover.
I hadn't listened to the announcement. That's surprising. I expect he'll be a support character. He's knocking on a bit.

Re: the return of Picard: I am happy to hear the confirmation and that it’s not yet another prequel. I just hope that it maintains Trek’s tradition of optimism for the future and isn’t some reactionary political commentary where Picard is fighting a corrupt/xenophobic starfleet ‘administration’.

Regarding Data: Somehow I think it looks better than we’ve seen before. I can see Brent Sooner in the sculpt and I like the blank facial expression -but those cheekbones and lines near the eyes look a little too severe. Maybe they would soften a bit in the production casting/molding?

Regarding that new Spock render... it looks awesome, and I’ll admit I think it’s even better than the released version! If it comes out and looks that good, I would buy Spock again. Maybe they could improve his pale yellowish flesh tone this time around? Maybe the accessories could be his weapons from Amok Time?

Interesting that it looks like they're making a new Kirk sculpt there as well. Perhaps a different expression of some kind? I think a more bemused look might be fitting with that outfit, since he did seem to lighten up quite a bit in the second season.

gggjj;;'.JPG

I hope they will make the heads easily swappable, if they are new sculpts.

Better yet, it would be cool if they switched over to having the heads and necks as separate pieces for better poses!

Got Khan yesterday, and I'm very happy!
The difference in color between the head and the hands is a bit distracting, but not terrible, and the figure looks fantastic with the crew.

As for the possibility of new Spock and Kirk figures, I'd be happy to get more of these guys.

Re: the return of Picard: I am happy to hear the confirmation and that it’s not yet another prequel. I just hope that it maintains Trek’s tradition of optimism for the future and isn’t some reactionary political commentary where Picard is fighting a corrupt/xenophobic starfleet ‘administration’.
Star Trek was, from day one, a politically progressive show in most ways. Exceptions were made here and there, of course. One of the most obvious examples was when aggressive, war-mongering species would be encountered, who you couldn't always coddle. The only time they've gotten away from that core focus in my view is the rebooted films and new TV series, where the show became more of an over the top action spectacle than a thoughtful science fiction show. And we've always had stories of Captains ignoring orders from Admirals, and their aloof, bureaucratic, or aggressive and narrow perspectives when it suited them.

So if they stick true to the roots of the original series and the Next Generation, I suspect people will accuse the show of being reactionary even if it isn't. But we'll see. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of optimism that the new Picard-focused show will be in the vein of the Next Generation, philosophically or tonally. Hard to get the Youtube generation's attention that way.

Back