QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QMX posted a poll this morning on Facebook asking who we would like to see in 1/6 scale. Both Scotty and Sulu were listed among others. Curious since we've seen the prototypes already. I for one need Scotty and the rest of the crew.

Scotty should be a done deal since we were led to believe this was the next figure in line.

Oops, looks I waited just a bit too long to get McCoy. The exclusives are all gone now. Debating now whether I should grab one of the standard versions out there or just not bother with it at all...

A lot of people said in here that they don't even care for the medical shirt, that they never will display him with it because the elbow joints will be too jarring. Maybe someone would sell it?

Oops, looks I waited just a bit too long to get McCoy. The exclusives are all gone now. Debating now whether I should grab one of the standard versions out there or just not bother with it at all...

Buy! Even the standard version is awesome.

Awesome figure and def worth a purchase. Ex shirt is a nice option, but for that classic landing party pose you need him in the long sleeves :wink1:

Yeah as much as I like his medical tunic, it does tend to look a bit oversized on him. Just not sure I want to spend $180 for such a barebones (heh) figure. But maybe one of these online stores will have another sale soon...

Boys and their toys!

SpaceToys.jpg

I am debating whether to use Chris Evans and Kristen Ritter as the base for Decker and Ilia customs. Does anybody know if it's easy to make a haired figure look good bald?

It's a noticeable gap. We usually know what the next figure is going to be when ,the last one ships. There has been nary a peep out of them since Khan and the Chair. I reckon we'll get one more figure, either Scotty or Sulu, but I think TOS is on life support, and TNG is dead.

Personally at this point I just hope Scotty sees the light of day. While more is always welcome, I could walk away pretty satisfied by having the big four from the original series on the shelf.

Any characters beyond the main 3 were always going to sell in smaller numbers. I'm sure QMX are aware of that and planned accordingly. Apart from the heads, each figure is largely similar, so the development costs are minimal. I'm sure they will come out at some point. They are probably just waiting for a good window to announce them, to avoid clashing with releases from Star Wars and Avengers.

Having said that, figures from the reboot seem unlikely at this point.

I think it's more likely that they're simply scaling back their plans a bit, and waiting for more sure sellers like TWOK Kirk and Spock to be completed.

This isn't like the Firefly line where they only had one big character to rely on, and once he didn't sell well that spelled the end for the rest. And Trek still has a lot of big ones they can do.

I guess SDCC will tell us a lot. Some figures could make an appearance for thier third SDCC without release. QMX Trek is my first foray into 12 inch collecting but it seems this company could never be expected to have 2 figures out art once. Will Supernatural sell? Would poor sales bleed over to Trek? When I saw that SDCC lineup with Scotty and Sulu included I was stoked and thinking we would see at least a figure a quarter I was thinking how I could skim some money out of budget to make sure all were bought and in my collection. The glitter of the 50th has seemed to pass and interests of the public is probably elsewhere

Back