QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need an Uhura body, and I guess it is between Triad toys or undertaking the dye method with a phicen body, which sounds like I'd probably ruin several trying to learn so that's a lot of $$$.

Does anyone have a Triad body? Do you recommend/ not recommend them? They don't get stellar reviews but they are the only female African American bodies i can find.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Seriously, Uhura must have her own body. Imagine my reaction when the Boss told me to use a generic body for Uhura because no one cares. Was he right? Surely, not in my books.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Im not sure I read this anywhere yet ... did you like the bodies on these figures? [emoji6]
Don? worry, be happy. And remember you can?t take this **** with you. So, everybody get some perspective, chill your jets, buy this molded plastic if it pleases you or don?t if it doesn?t. QMx doesn?t care as they have more plentiful fish to fry, Mr. Tam will continue to wrestle with his own Demons and post here when he feels the need to vent and purge, and his disciples will continue to bow down and burn the fatted calf in hopes of more idols to come. Cheers!
No one worship me. We are friends here. I treated everyone here as friends. Ask anyone if I gave more than I took. I understand this isn't your intention to make friends, but I am. For the last 10 years on this board, I have been doing the same thing.

I fight the Demons, so people can have their long lost trek memories. I fight Demons, so I could feed some unfortunates, and I will continue to fight this demon.

Everyone is fighting their own demons.

Or maybe as a cadet, as seen in Nemesis?

View attachment 492748
I am personally interested in this Picard from their comics.

7695871b8d4367c6be25301afe48380f.jpg

Seriously, Uhura must have her own body. Imagine my reaction when the Boss told me to use a generic body for Uhura because no one cares. Was he right? Surely, not in my books.

Uhura with a generic body is like McCoy with the J C Van Damme body - merely ridiculous!!

Thanks for the phicen suggestion. I haven't bought any female bodies, so idk which models are any good. The bust sizes are definitely egregiously frightening on some models. I also looked at the Pop Toys small bust super flexible model, but painting a harder plastic body doesn't look fantastic and the paint rubs on the hands, which is why i was hoping to use an already colored body with matching hands. Would the Triad body hands work (the connectors) with a Phicen? At the least, it would solve the hands problem.

If you search for dying phicen bodies, there was a pretty good thread on doing it recently. You use Rit Dye (synthetic i think but you'd have to check the thread), widely available. It would be a mix of the chocolate and red for African American, and you submerge the body multiple times. Some of the results are quite good. Also, Jacob Rahmeier posted a tutorial on his patron last year for dying a phicen body blue for Mr. Freeze using that Rit Dye, so same process but different color.

I have a custom head I bought, as yet unpainted. I'm just going to use the playmate's dress for now as I have a million other custom projects I'm working on ahead of this one unfortunately. Once you get your Scotty, if you are planning on that, it shouldn't be too hard to find a fabric near its color range at your local fabric store because they usually have a pretty good range of red hues. In this photo, the barbie dress looks like it isn't too far off, but as you say, with internet photos and different monitors, its hard to say.
26c9719a7d2647646d80e7936e57e275.jpg

Thanks for the dying advice.

Even the Phicen female bodies with "Medium Bust" have EE -cups, I cannot remember any female actress on ST TOS having that size! Uhura's bust grew from season II to season III, but not to EE. So I went to "amputate" those enourmos Phicen breasts and replaced them with smaller ones.

I do not want to have custom comic figures but just close to real ST TOS figures.

I've never had a Triad figure in my hands so I cannot advise.

Thanks for the phicen suggestion. I haven't bought any female bodies, so idk which models are any good. The bust sizes are definitely egregiously frightening on some models. I also looked at the Pop Toys small bust super flexible model, but painting a harder plastic body doesn't look fantastic and the paint rubs on the hands, which is why i was hoping to use an already colored body with matching hands. Would the Triad body hands work (the connectors) with a Phicen? At the least, it would solve the hands problem.

If you search for dying phicen bodies, there was a pretty good thread on doing it recently. You use Rit Dye (synthetic i think but you'd have to check the thread), widely available. It would be a mix of the chocolate and red for African American, and you submerge the body multiple times. Some of the results are quite good. Also, Jacob Rahmeier posted a tutorial on his patron last year for dying a phicen body blue for Mr. Freeze using that Rit Dye, so same process but different color.

I have a custom head I bought, as yet unpainted. I'm just going to use the playmate's dress for now as I have a million other custom projects I'm working on ahead of this one unfortunately. Once you get your Scotty, if you are planning on that, it shouldn't be too hard to find a fabric near its color range at your local fabric store because they usually have a pretty good range of red hues. In this photo, the barbie dress looks like it isn't too far off, but as you say, with internet photos and different monitors, its hard to say.
26c9719a7d2647646d80e7936e57e275.jpg

Do you have a link to the body dying thread and the Jacob Rahmeier tutorial? Thank you.

Oh you are lucky I'm a good gal! I needed some thread anyway and I took today off of work, so I took Scotty's shirt with me to my local JoAnn's. I found two fairly close fabrics. Obviously the nylon/spandex would be a better material choice, but the color on the polyester is a closer color match (there is a slightly different texture but imo it wouldn't matter). So I got a half yard of the polyester. The brightest pic is taken outside with the polyester i bought. The other photos are from in the store, and if you have a JoAnns near you, you can use the tags to identify the fabric. The pic with the shirt and both types of fabric: polyester on right, nylon on left.In the pics with the tags, the shirt is at the top of both.
67a6525d531bd8d269eeac2895bea975.jpg
4b2185f681d8fb98fd181adc60932509.jpg
1e6cfa152302d550f7c32c8d3aaa4faa.jpg
299fa5e99b3345150521dcbb4c310353.jpg

Oh you are lucky I'm a good gal! I needed some thread anyway and I took today off of work, so I took Scotty's shirt with me to my local JoAnn's. I found two fairly close fabrics. Obviously the nylon/spandex would be a better material choice, but the color on the polyester is a closer color match (there is a slightly different texture but imo it wouldn't matter). So I got a half yard of the polyester. The brightest pic is taken outside with the polyester i bought. The other photos are from in the store, and if you have a JoAnns near you, you can use the tags to identify the fabric. The pic with the shirt and both types of fabric: polyester on right, nylon on left.In the pics with the tags, the shirt is at the top of both.
67a6525d531bd8d269eeac2895bea975.jpg
4b2185f681d8fb98fd181adc60932509.jpg
1e6cfa152302d550f7c32c8d3aaa4faa.jpg
299fa5e99b3345150521dcbb4c310353.jpg

Most kind of you to spend your time to help me locating the right fabric. Many thanks!!!!

Unfortunately I am not located in the U.S. and the access to the JoAnns website is quite difficult (always fault alerts). I have, however, contacted a dealer on ebay showing the tag you sent me. Hopefully he is offering the same fabric.

The problem is that I do not have Scotty yet - and my pre-order will probably never be fulfilled. So I cannot walk in a fabric store and compare samples with fabrics.

Thanks again for your kind help, I really appreciate it. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call, I would be happy to help.

KLINGON COSTUMES
ml2txjgb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Anybody know whether the silver tank shirt of the male klingon's uniform is the same fabric as the female klingon tunic? They look different (the female tunic being darker), but is it due to lighting as the tank shirt has horizontal stripes and the female jumpsuit vertical stripes? So could it be due to the structure of the fabric that it has different shades although it is the same fabric? Has anybody ever seen the to uniforms displayed together? Many thanks.

There could be some good news coming, and I hope you will change your mind after that.

More of a lurker then a poster but this made me jump. So, there is hope for this line yet? Your post literally made my heart skip a beat or two...which I?m getting older so I am not sure if that?s a good thing. LOL

BTW anyone know who makes the decals/stickers for Kirks tablet? If so can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Also last question I keep seeing people saying the pre-orders for Scotty and Sulu will not be fulfilled, is that for certain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All in all, 1/6 Trek is moving back to its correct direction because I refused to stop fighting. If I gave up last year, a lot of people will not have their fun.

There could be some good news coming, and I hope you will change your mind after that.

More of a lurker then a poster but this made me jump. So, there is hope for this line yet? Your post literally made my heart skip a beat or two...which I?m getting older so I am not sure if that?s a good thing. LOL

Also last question I keep seeing people saying the pre-orders for Scotty and Sulu will not be fulfilled, is that for certain?

:horse

Somebody please shoot that poor horse already or I may once or twice more beat the ridiculous bodies drum.

:horse

Somebody please shoot that poor horse already or I may once or twice more beat the ridiculous bodies drum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and don't worry we all know yours concerning the bodies haha. We haven't forgotten and you don't need to post about them again just yet.

On the other hand, if there are any new updates then I am sure people who attend this thread would like to hear about them as we are currently hanging on waiting to hear whether QMX are going to full fill existing pre-orders of Scotty and Sulu (conflicting messages on either side but I have my doubts especially after my pre-order was cancelled!) or carry on with the line (or any other 1/6 line that they are producing for that matter).

Please would you (not you personally NCC-1701 no bloody ABCorD, but others) refrain from discouraging Nanjin from posting. I enjoy his interaction with the boards (something very few people in the industry actually do now with the exception of Asmus and Greggo at BCS). If there is good news or any news at all then I for one would like to hear it.

As we are all fans here of the source material and 1/6 figures it would be cool if we could keep the feedback more along the lines of constructive criticism (yes I agree the McCoy is way too buff but Nanjin totally knows and acknowledges it) rather than what can come across as bashing (once the point has already been made). The last few pages have read strangely adversarial and that's not the spirit of Trek (maybe NU Trek but not the good /real kind haha).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and don't worry we all know yours concerning the bodies haha. We haven't forgotten and you don't need to post about them again just yet.

On the other hand, if there are any new updates then I am sure people who attend this thread would like to hear about them as we are currently hanging on waiting to hear whether QMX are going to full fill existing pre-orders of Scotty and Sulu (conflicting messages on either side but I have my doubts especially after my pre-order was cancelled!) or carry on with the line (or any other 1/6 line that they are producing for that matter).

Please would you (not you personally NCC-1701 no bloody ABCorD, but others) refrain from discouraging Nanjin from posting. I enjoy his interaction with the boards (something very few people in the industry actually do now with the exception of Asmus and Greggo at BCS). If there is good news or any news at all then I for one would like to hear it.

As we are all fans here of the source material and 1/6 figures it would be cool if we could keep the feedback more along the lines of constructive criticism (yes I agree the McCoy is way too buff but Nanjin totally knows and acknowledges it) rather than what can come across as bashing (once the point has already been made). The last few pages have read strangely adversarial and that's not the spirit of Trek (maybe NU Trek but not the good /real kind haha).

:goodpost:... But falling on deaf ears.

Last edited:

Hm, what have we learned from the discussion? NOTHING! Nobody knowing anything, just speculation, hope, scheeming, dreaming. Even Nanjin couldn't tell us anything reliable.

That's totally boring!!!

Let's discuss other subjects and wait until QMx tell us that they honor the pre-orders and Nanjin tells us that he starts 1:6 ST TOS again with another company (or his own).

Hm, what have we learned from the discussion? NOTHING! Nobody knowing anything, just speculation, hope, scheeming, dreaming. Even Nanjin couldn't tell us anything reliable.

That's totally boring!!!

Let's discuss other subjects and wait until QMx tell us that they honor the pre-orders and Nanjin tells us that he starts 1:6 ST TOS again with another company (or his own).

That's totally boring!!!

:goodpost:

PRECISELY.

Back