QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Picard has the staining. I wrote twice to QMX and never received a reply. It isn't noticeable in the pose I have him in so not a big deal but still a bit irked that they never replied.

My Picard has the staining. I wrote twice to QMX and never received a reply. It isn't noticeable in the pose I have him in so not a big deal but still a bit irked that they never replied.

QMX seems to have given up...Hot Toys would never touch Trek but wouldn?t it be amazing if QMX let the license go and it got picked up by Asmus? Imagine seeing Star Trek get treated with the same love and care that Asmus has shown to LOTR!

I purchased my first QMx figure, Jean-Luc Picard, via Sideshow, and I want to ask a couple of questions to see if this is normal for their figures.

1) It was missing its command pips

2) The figure came with its head off and it a plastic bag. I had to put the head on myself, and I had a lot of trouble. I then noticed whatever the piece is called that the round head peg on the body fits into had come off and was loose inside the head.

I've only own Sideshow and Mondo figures previously, and this figure felt very cheap by comparison. I just received a Kirk and Spock from BBTS, and I am debating sending them back unopened due to my experience with this Picard figure, which a cursory Internet search seems to have revealed some problems.

I would really appreciate some feedback from your more experienced QMx collectors.

Thanks!

QMx replaced his head sculpt and his pips. It took about a month but they finally shipped it to me

Asta, are the Jon Snow and Glenn bodies the same size as the Rick? Can they be used for Bones?

I can only vouch for the Rick body as I've never seen the others in hand. From photos they look the same, though Glenn's shoulders might be too big, and they might be too big and broad.

The Jon Snow legs are shorter by the looks of them as they don't have the extensions which I removed from Rick.

I can only vouch for the Rick body as I've never seen the others in hand. From photos they look the same, though Glenn's shoulders might be too big, and they might be too big and broad.

The Jon Snow legs are shorter by the looks of them as they don't have the extensions which I removed from Rick.

Thank you.

My replacement QMX Picard keeps getting delayed. Now it should be here from UPS next Tuesday. :gah:

As I mentioned, I'm pretty new to the QMX Star Trek thing. I noticed that McCoy seems to be a real pain to find at a reasonable price. What is the reason for that? Did they produce too few or wildly underestimate demand?

Neither. He was produced around the time (just after I think) that the original Kirk and Spock came out. I got one from a retailer early last summer. However, unlike Spock and Kirk, he was not reissued. Around the time the Spock / Kirk reissue was announced, McCoy finally sold out and prices went through the roof.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

As always, I appreciate all the help guys. Is there a resource that shows you all QMX sixth-scale figures that have been produced particularly for Star Trek. The reason I ask is that I keep seeing all the figures from Toy Fair 2018, etc. and I assume they're just prototypes that haven't seen the light of day yet like TWOK Kirk and Khan and STNG Data, etc.

Can I infer that these aren't selling quite as briskly as they hoped?

Perhaps others can chime in, but as far as I know, this is the list :

- Kirk
- Spock
- McCoy
- Khan
- Sulu
- Scotty

- Picard

- Kirk v2.0
- Spock v2.0

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I forgot to tell you - and Nanjin - that the Kirk I ordered a month after my first order is just the same, V2 too. As is Spock. They are look alikes.

Perhaps others can chime in, but as far as I know, this is the list :

- Kirk
- Spock
- McCoy
- Khan
- Sulu
- Scotty

- Picard

- Kirk v2.0
- Spock v2.0

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

To mee, it seems that there is a Scotty V2.0 version around, as he exists with glued and painted braids, the painted ones should be V2.0.

To mee, it seems that there is a Scotty V2.0 version around, as he exists with glued and painted braids, the painted ones should be V2.0.
Wait were there two Scotty releases? I thought he was only one run and had the real/fabric braids.

Wait were there two Scotty releases? I thought he was only one run and had the real/fabric braids.

Yes, I am confused as well. There are pre-orders up for Scotty and Sulu on Sideshow. I thought these hadn't been released yet. Anyway, please excuse all my noob questions. :lol

Well, I'd like to buy one offered at a discount price by GameStop but I do not live in the US...

I am in the US, but the chair is only available for in-store pick up and there are none with a 100 mile radius of me. While it is about twice as much as Game Stop, I found a seller on Rakuten that is selling it for about two-thirds of list price. They might ship international.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/bonwell/product/812095023785/

Yes, I am confused as well. There are pre-orders up for Scotty and Sulu on Sideshow. I thought these hadn't been released yet. Anyway, please excuse all my noob questions. :lol

I am in the US, but the chair is only available for in-store pick up and there are none with a 100 mile radius of me. While it is about twice as much as Game Stop, I found a seller on Rakuten that is selling it for about two-thirds of list price. They might ship international.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/bonwell/product/812095023785/

I have had Sulu and Scotty for a looooong time...I feel like I have had Scotty for almost a year and Sulu for not much less time than that...

there was/is only one release of scotty and sulu. while qmx says there will be more coming (hence the still open preorder) - nanjin has hinted, on these boards, that qmx can not fulfill the unfilled orders anytime soon, if at all.

Back