QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three quarter shots of all:

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

And finally, the whole gang (not pictured: Khan and the Captain's chair):

IMG_1030.jpg

All in all, this is a great line. Some sculpts are a bit weak, but the average is really good. All I need now is Uhura and I'll be happy.

Great pics, abake! It’s revealing to see all 5 in the same light, no pun intended. I like how McCoys cannon-ball shoulders are wider than those of Kirk! The more I think about it the more I find myself bothered by the sculpts and the bodies of Kirk, Spock and McCoy. And Scotty, too. Glad I didn't give in and spend 3 or 4 clams on Bones. And Sulu is just ridiculous, IMO. I think I’m going to sell my Kirk, Spock, and Khan figures and not torture myself any longer with trying to convince myself of how great these are. I can definitely do without them after all. It seems the bigger the TOS fan I am, the bigger my disappointment grows at these figures. My apologies if I offend anyone’s sensibilities about how fantastic they find these things but I’ve decided to finally declare, “Focker out.” I’m moving on to the Big Chief Studios Thunderbirds collection. At least those look like the exact dummies that they are. :wink1:

No problem man!
I?m glad the pics were helpful, even if they (unfortunately) convinced you to quite the line!

I?m well aware of the shortcomings, but they?re not enough to make me quit. I do understand you though, you should see me criticizing Alien figures...

Just a reminder: McCoy is on a Hot Toys body... and Spock v2.0 is much better overall, with improved paint apps and a better body. As for Kirk v2.0, from photos, I honestly think v1.0 is better.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Guys I am selling a MIB V1.0 of Kirk and Spock at retail
If someone wants them . Got the set and decide to
let them go to a fan. I do agree the Kirk V1.0 is
better ( in my eyes ) then V2.0

Just spoiled the regular tunic of my McCoy. Does anyone know where to get that blue fabric? Need it desperately to make him a new shirt.

Gotta say Abake--these are some of my most favourite figures I have owned or presently own (I have had close to 150 Hot Toys--now down to 100, still have several SS, Medicom, Star Ace, Blitzway as well). I think if one is a perfectionist --collecting is going to be a tough road for one to travel. Live long and prosper!

Just got my second KnS set, unwrapped Spock and found him similar to the one 1 got in April 2020, both V2. Will unwrap Kirk later, but I am sure he won't be different, however bad body, unlike head sculpt, but can't find a better action figure of him.

I'm just happy for the ones I got.��

Interesting. I may need to try that. So just a gift card and call the customer service number? I was sort of thinking about stopping into my local store and just seeing if they could ship one from another store.

I called my local store and they told me what to do in order to get him from their store. Maybe if you call a store that has one, you could do the same thing that I done.
-Jim G.G.

I purchased my first QMx figure, Jean-Luc Picard, via Sideshow, and I want to ask a couple of questions to see if this is normal for their figures.

1) It was missing its command pips

2) The figure came with its head off and it a plastic bag. I had to put the head on myself, and I had a lot of trouble. I then noticed whatever the piece is called that the round head peg on the body fits into had come off and was loose inside the head.

I've only own Sideshow and Mondo figures previously, and this figure felt very cheap by comparison. I just received a Kirk and Spock from BBTS, and I am debating sending them back unopened due to my experience with this Picard figure, which a cursory Internet search seems to have revealed some problems.

I would really appreciate some feedback from your more experienced QMx collectors.

Thanks!

The pips should not be missing, and Sideshow should help you with that. Sometimes companies don't glue the head inserts into the head, so as long as it is snug and doesn't just fall out, you can add a touch of glue to keep it there if you are popping the head on and off. If it is rolling around inside the head, that would be problematic.

The Picard figure is notorious for staining by the uniform on the neck, which might be why you received the head not placed on the body (to prevent it from being stained). But it may stain over time once the head is added to the body. The Picard figure is a can of worms, the other QMx Star Trek releases have not had these problems.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Sideshow has been very responsive the couple times I have had an issue. I am sending Picard back for a replacement. It's a shame he's a problematic figure. Based on your response, I think I will go ahead and open the Kirk. Thanks again.

Yep...that thing should go back...they are sitting on a ton of them and have been for years so they should have no trouble finding a replacement for you. You should not have to glue the neck joint on a brand new figure. I have had Picard for quite some time and though I have always heard about the staining I have not experienced it yet.

Back