QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will continue muscling out 1/6 trek. and would be grateful if I am able to continue producing them in a different Space-Time Continuum

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Looking on the bright side, there's no incentive to buy the re-issued Kirk and Spock because they won't be using Nanjin's new body, and therefore won't require re-tailored uniforms.

They should be straight copies of what most of us already have.

Not according to the guy creating them...great news for us folks who missed out on them the first time!

Not according to the guy creating them...great news for us folks who missed out on them the first time!

You can decipher his riddles? lol

Plus the weird situation that all the listings are a cut and paste of the 2016 originals, still proclaiming, "Star Trek™ The Original Series celebrates its 50th anniversary this year...".

QMx is going about this in a very odd way, which is hardly conducive to promoting the line. Their attitude is like a self-fulfilling prophesy, so it's no wonder there was a disconnect between 'Creative' and 'HQ'.

I don't really hold much hope for the future of 1/6 Trek, but I'll buy whatever happens to get made.

You can decipher his riddles? lol

Plus the weird situation that all the listings are a cut and paste of the 2016 originals, still proclaiming, "Star Trek™ The Original Series celebrates its 50th anniversary this year...".

QMx is going about this in a very odd way, which is hardly conducive to promoting the line. Their attitude is like a self-fulfilling prophesy, so it's no wonder there was a disconnect between 'Creative' and 'HQ'.

I don't really hold much hope for the future of 1/6 Trek, but I'll buy whatever happens to get made.

Nanjin can definitely be quite cryptic but on the previous page he does say that the figures will include the new body.

So Nanjin says new bodies, paint aps and some tailoring changes are in store for the reissued Kirk and Spock-( I THINK) QMX is just using the old sales descriptions

Asta, simple way to decipher it. Nanjin is the one in contact with and over seeing the manufacturing of the figures so he knows the specifics to what is being produced better than anyone but he does not work for QMX any longer (or will be leaving them real soon). As long as QMX keeps using the same “middleman” Nanjin should remain in charge of production. QMX is probably creating the ads/selling info themselves and it appears that they just reused the old ads/info. They might not even be aware of any new tweaks. I would imagine someone from QMX approved the production samples but they could have missed those upgrades if they do not have an original release to compare it to.

I was going by what he posted before, which implied he'd created problems with QMx by going ahead and having new bodies made.

But because Nanjin insists on attaining as close to perfection as he's able to, he went ahead and did it. Hence the conflict and the change in employment status.

Nanjin said:
Furthermore, making the needed body for Trek is a huge no-no in my opinion. I am very uncomfortable about this. It is an obvious conflict of interest move. But I had no choice. Decisions like this create conflicts. I am in a position that people can question my motives and intentions. I dont like this. (I only have one motive as most of you know)

Nanjin said:
...I dont know if I will sell the body to anyone else but Trek friends.

But he drip feeds information in code, so now it appears there will be new bodies with the re-issues.

Asta, simple way to decipher it. Nanjin is the one in contact with and over seeing the manufacturing of the figures so he knows the specifics to what is being produced better than anyone but he does not work for QMX any longer (or will be leaving them real soon). As long as QMX keeps using the same “middleman” Nanjin should remain in charge of production. QMX is probably creating the ads/selling info themselves and it appears that they just reused the old ads/info. They might not even be aware of any new tweaks. I would imagine someone from QMX approved the production samples but they could have missed those upgrades if they do not have an original release to compare it to.

I can imagine the frustration between 'Creative' and 'HQ', since QMx are coming across as clueless with 1/6, and are probably much more at home with their Q-Figs, which appear to be more their bread and butter.

As ever, I admire Nanjin's passion and drive.
He's truly unique in the 1/6 field, and I feel very happy to have supported him and to have reaped the benefits of his passion (Star Trek TOS figures of exceptional quality).
I just wish he was also passionate about alien! :lol

Probably easier to find a needle in the Mutara Nebula

Just a matter of reversing the polarity on the deflector dish to convert it into an active tachyon emitter tuned to entangle with the trace dilithium atoms on the needle from its brief time in engineering.

It’s crazy, but it just might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanjin, can you confirm that we will see the Seven of Nine figure that was previewed any time soon??

I can no longer confirm anything but the qualities of the Trek production that goes through me.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Hopefully they keep all their Trek coming through you! I really think TWOK Kirk and Spock would be their best sellers in quantity after the original Kirk and Spock so I still have a little bit of hope those will see the light of day but who knows since 1/6 almost seems like an afterthought for QMX.

...1/6 almost seems like an afterthought for QMX.

It does feel that way.

Q-Figs are front and centre, and at SDCC the main focus of attention looked to be a dog and a Q-Fig of the dog.

QMx needed Nanjin for his expertise in the 1/6 field, and his connection to, and familiarity with, the way things work in China

They also needed to have a clear vision for how to maintain interest and confidence in a line. It's always great to see behind the scenes, and to see teases of new figures. However, I think Nanjin's passion for the subject has been a double edged sword. He's shown us so many figures that it ironically creates a feeling that we're missing out on so much because QMx doesn't have the intention (or confidence) to put them into production.

With a clearer vision from QMx on how to proceed, the only behind the scenes shots we'd have seen would've been those figures that they did intend to produce. That's a way to generate and maintain ongoing interest.

It's hard to discern which figures were personal projects, and which were in a genuine process of mass production.

That plan of all those figures a year was never going to happen.

:exactly:

Each new 'tease' wasn't actually a tease, because there were just so many compared to the number that QMx release.

It's nice to see those behind the scenes shots, but instead of generating interest I think it generates the feeling that, 'there's another one we're probably never going to be able to own'. :(

I don't lay the fault with Nanjin for pulling back the curtain, but with QMx for apparently not having a plan in mind. We saw TNG characters three years ago, but so far only have Picard released. In the meantime I've read a number of people saying they were giving up because they wanted to have a crew display, rather than one character.

Nanjin said he had a plan that would work, and one that would facilitate smaller runs of less popular characters. QMx rejected it, presumably lacking the confidence to go too deep into these lines. However, with more product out there I'd have thought that interest would be generating exponentially.

Guys

Let’s be honest here. TOS is a line for the “Old generation”

Don’t get me wrong. I love TOS myself but the moment
QMX produced TOS first meant the line will probably not
go so deep in my opinion.

Shatner is now in his late 80’s and half the crew
sadly passed away which tells you which generation TOS
really appeals to. If you love ST, better get
Sulu and the new one now.

I hope more ST will be produced by QMX but I will not
hold my breath for TNG

Guys

Let’s be honest here. TOS is a line for the “Old generation”

Don’t get me wrong. I love TOS myself but the moment
QMX produced TOS first meant the line will probably not
go so deep in my opinion.

Shatner is now in his late 80’s and half the crew
sadly passed away which tells you which generation TOS
really appeals to. If you love ST, better get
Sulu and the new one now.

I hope more ST will be produced by QMX but I will not
hold my breath for TNG

The old generation are the majority of those with the disposable income and proportionate nostalgia to drop 200 bucks on these. The majority of this line's issues can be laid directly at the feet of qmx for their failure to follow through and support Nanjin's vision or even simply their previous trek releases

How many children of the eighties were teased by those Twok figures and had to move on and reallocate those hobby funds elsewhere ? There are no lack of sixth scale figures produced to scratch the collecting itch . Unfortunately the Mal Reynolds figure it's delays and utter lack of support were an indication of things to come from qmx

Back