QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is very very vague to me- seens Nanjin is working for the Chinese company that produces QMX's figures- so he has no say in what gets made but he oversees the production of the figures?

My understanding and this is extremely simplified. Nanjin is extremely passionate about wanting to create 1/6 Trek and starts working on the process on his own with customs. QMX acquires the license and hires Nanjin to help/run their 1/6 development (mainly Star Trek at the time). Nanjin used his knowledge and passion to work on improving the figures production and what not but at the end of the day QMX makes decisions they feel are best for their company. Sometimes those choices did not line up with what Nanjin thought was best for 1/6 Trek (both for the short and long term). Now Nanjin will no longer be working directly for QMX. He will be working for the company that is currently manufacturing the figures for QMX (and possibly manufacturing things for other companies as well). I would take this to mean that as long as QMX uses this company to manufacture 1/6 Trek Nanjin will be intimately involved in the process but if QMX switches manufacturers then it would be out of Nanjin’s hands.

Whatever the case, I feel exhausted as a collector.
I admire Nanjin’s drive, and I’ve been a supporter all the way back from the v1.0 of the three kings, but I feel my enthusiasm waning.
I have Scotty and Sulu on order, and depending on quality, I’ll get Uhura (if she ever gets made), but I’m afraid my passion is spent.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Can’t say I understand everything either. I thought it was because English isn’t my first language, so glad to here native speakers are a bit lost too. All this conversation sounds a bit cryptic to me! :lol

Completely agree.

Yes, the extra bit of information that Nanjin edited into his post complicated matters again:

Nanjin said:
Newsom's previous involvements were just for business transaction. Most if not all companies have to deal with China through a jump board company in HK, and China companies have to deal with the outside world through HK.

Newson International now seem more like a go-between linking QMx to the Chinese factory. Yet Newson's business type is listed as "Manufacturer".

Can’t say I understand everything either. I thought it was because English isn’t my first language, so glad to here native speakers are a bit lost too. All this conversation sounds a bit cryptic to me! :lol

Confusion is pretty much guaranteed when we only get vague snippets of one side of the story... :huh

Regardless, when my Scotty finally shows up (at the end of the damn year, apparently... :lol), I think I might just consider myself done with TOS, unless Uhura turns up and is on par with the first four releases. Other than that I'll just hope that at least a couple of the TNG figures actually manage to see release one day, so Picard can at least have an away team with him on the shelf.

Yes I think that Nanjins passion may have been a little too much for qmx to manage.from his posts regarding gangster tactics that he has since deleted, this may have been at odds with the company ethos,and they couldnt justify it just for Star Trek. Passion and obsession are sometimes strange bed fellows. QMX are quite clearly losing the customer satisfaction battle, if the new distribution is causing the problems or big retailers are demanding preferential treatment tell us and respect us so we can try and understand and support you. This constant vague approach is not helping. We don't need to know the minutia just tell us if there's a problem instead of the cryptic and corporate responses you give saying watch our social media, it's like your politicians....hmmmm.

Looking on the bright side, there's no incentive to buy the re-issued Kirk and Spock because they won't be using Nanjin's new body, and therefore won't require re-tailored uniforms.

They should be straight copies of what most of us already have.

Yes, the extra bit of information that Nanjin edited into his post complicated matters again:

Newson International now seem more like a go-between linking QMx to the Chinese factory. Yet Newson's business type is listed as "Manufacturer".

I have dealt with people that have their products made in China and from what I have learned and seen is most of them have to hire someone with local knowledge that then deals with the local factories. Basically a middleman. So QMX probably has to hire Newson and then Newson is the one that deals with the factories directly. From what I have been told if you don’t do it this way you may end up getting inferior products, skipped in line, charged extra for things, added fees, etc.

I have dealt with people that have their products made in China and from what I have learned and seen is most of them have to hire someone with local knowledge that then deals with the local factories. Basically a middleman. So QMX probably has to hire Newson and then Newson is the one that deals with the factories directly. From what I have been told if you don’t do it this way you may end up getting inferior products, skipped in line, charged extra for things, added fees, etc.

I've heard that too, and it's one of the suggested reasons why Sideshow's sixth scale was habitually inferior to Hot Toys', even though they were charging similar retail prices.

From what I have seen and heard the better your middle man the better your results (in price, quality and timeliness). If you can get the right guy with the right connections it can give you a big advantage over the competition.

Looking on the bright side, there's no incentive to buy the re-issued Kirk and Spock because they won't be using Nanjin's new body, and therefore won't require re-tailored uniforms.

They should be straight copies of what most of us already have.

When did he say that?

When did he say that?

We always have to read between the lines, and Nanjin writes a lot of things (that often read like riddles!)

He had the bodies designed himself:

Nanjin said:
Furthermore, making the needed body for Trek is a huge no-no in my opinion. I am very uncomfortable about this. It is an obvious conflict of interest move. But I had no choice. Decisions like this create conflicts. I am in a position that people can question my motives and intentions. I dont like this. (I only have one motive as most of you know)

Nanjin said:
...I dont know if I will sell the body to anyone else but Trek friends.

None of the listings for the re-issues mention anything new about the figures. In fact, the listings are copied and pasted from the original 2016 specs. There has always been an apparent disconnect between the creative side (Nanjin) and HQ (QMx).

Nanjin said:
Fuxk all Directives or instructions, 1/6 Trek protection always come first. The entire 1/6 production circle in the entire China know where I stood. Mess with QMx, you would be gone in 2 weeks.

Please, I am not a gangsters. But chinese function like gangsters, or groups. For Ex, all the good cut and sew are from JiangZi, and all good painters are from Northern china. They are in groups and speak their own version of chinese.

1/6 production has 3 major sectors, paintup, cut and sew, and plastic. If more than two of the above needs a middle man then you are paying too much. So everyone needs to be closely associated themselves with at least 2 of the 3s, otherwise, you have bo controlling power at all. I have all 3.

Further more to this 3 points triangular arrangement, it provides that no single vendor can produce a complete figure. This is why people see 1/6 parts from time to time. “everyone” makes more of whatever they are making.

Naturally the above networking will eventually gathered the people as groups. Because conflict of interest, each group doesnt really talk to the other.

I went in as a Trek dude ONLY. I have no Batman, no Chinese ancient warriors, no flash, no iron fist, absolutely no conflict of interest with anyone of them, but ALWAYS act like kid and ask for the products. They dont need to have a wall between us.

When I said Gangsters tactics, I was referring to Relationship building. I gained lots of respect because I helped them to make better decisions and refer business to them using my own resources. But I also made it clear that anyone touches QMx production, would be my target if abuse. I would make sure they lose a lot of money. It has been 3 5 years, they all know I mean what I say, and i say what i mean. I do act like a kingpin in 1/6 (plus I am the oldest newcomer in the field). I also would buy vendors dinners, inviting everyone involved in the production to come, and I personally thank everyone a job well done. What can this gesture do? I developed personal relationship with vendors' employees, and they are the people who would QC for me at their own factory. Isnt this effective and efficient? I have everyone “helping” Nanjin.

1/6 communities has less people than my apartment building. Everyone knows everyone in 1/6 production. There are very little secrets among them.

I am friend with everyone, and most groups, except a few who tried to bootleg the nun or IT.

This was why I can do so many Mals head in 1.5 months when I was asked for assistance. I was helped by “Friends.”

People sees me as friendly, and yes, I am friendly, until someone intrudes my area, I would change drastically, and go all the way until the person has to come to make peace with me. This is why some of them say I act like a gangster boss. They all know I can spent 30k for 150, this rationale is very gangster like.

Please do not over assumed that I beat people up, or yell at people like some big shot. I dont. I only play this game using gangster tactics.

Some people already figure out what's happening, and what would happen.

Anyhow, China had 3 pricing, locals, Hong Kong, and foreigners. Locals always have the rock bottom price, Hong Kong a little better, foreigners ALWAYS the highest (people will boycott you if you give a foreigner a better price)

The conflicts between HQ and I are mostly character crash.

I see myself like a leader of a navy Seal team, with clear planning and objectives. I have trouble functioning under other ways.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In regards to the re release KnS, the easiest way to explain is this,

All molds dependent items are previously done. Everything else that requires human touch such as Paint up, cut and sew, are being done with a new in house group.

....and of course the new body. Again, this body will be available for others to buy. But I might limit this to Trek friends only.

I only like to develop and produce. For me being a salesman, I might end up giving out things for free [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Back