QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more Ds9 I watch, the more I want a Kira. I don't know if it's her attitude, or her costume or just Nana Visitor or what, I but I like her :)

I'm curious. Is there any consensus about what we as fans want from ds9 and/or voyager at all. Seems like everybody just wants the Captains and Seven of Nine.

I want Kira, Quark, and probably O'Brian and Bashir for sure. From Voyager, I'm beginning to like B'Lanna Torres. I think a female Klingon figure would be neat.

I'd be in for the core DS9 crew in the later uniforms, Quark, Garak & Dukat at the least. Kira is a cracking character.
As for Voyager only Seven & possibly the Doctor, but that would depend on funds & what else I was collecting at the time.

Why no one mentioned mirror Spock or a Romulan Kirk?

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

Romulan Kirk... Good choice.

But Mirror Spock has been done in almost every Star Trek line, from Playmates (4 inches & 9 inches) to Art Asylum, to Funko Pops and Mezco. We have seen enough of him for now. Maybe an exclusive at some point later down the line. TOS aliens should be done first. Gorn, Salt Vampire, Klingon, Andorian...

And I would kill for a Kirk in environmental suit. Do it Nanjin! :clap

Actually, the TOS seven core crew members should be done first, then they can move on to TOS aliens and space babes.

Interestingly, I really didn't care for DS9, aside from Kira (mostly because it just felt like a rip-off of Babylon 5); the wife and I actually preferred Voyager over it. Janeway grew on me, and yeah, the Doctor and Seven stole the show (and not just because Jeri Ryan is hot) -- all that Borg stuff is awesome. I'd like to see QMX do a Borg Queen (as a boxed set with full figure and suspended torso). That would be cool.

So much great stuff in here. Truly dedicated fans. Finally got these two and cannot wait to get Bones. Great work to QMx.

1670289be1f3418d6607c5d69b98f04a.jpg

df69e7e1ccf04ad1f23d7394755486b2.jpg

98256d1285d125e165ef6f44f8d5d83b.jpg

Why no one mentioned mirror Spock or a Romulan Kirk?

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

I want a mirror Spock. I also want a Mirror Sulu. That scar he had was iconic. In fact, currently, the only Sulu figure I own is an DST mirror, mirror version.

For DS9 I'd absolutely want a Quark. Followed by Odo and Kira. Past that is anyones guess.

Such a good idea for McCoy! Customs are always welcome, give us some ideas on how to expand our collections! I love to see what customizers can achieve.

Thanks so much.

Here are a few or my "work in progress" characters. (I am collaborating with an artist on Shapeways.) My day job is all consuming, so it will be several weeks before I have update pictures. Also special thanks to Ironman1188 for wanting an Arex and getting that project going.

Morn suit Reference.jpg

Morn head Shapeways.JPG

arex original.jpg

Pants shown for reference. The "legs with pants details" can be painted or printed in black.

Star Trek Arex mockup.jpg

Here are some of my other characters:

ST Gamesters focus back funny.JPG

I really hope to see Scotty available for order soon. I have plans for several "Red Shirt" custom figures. Imagine salt creature... or something else behind those rocks...

View attachment 343148

Michael Jordon as a red shirt? LOL. I'd rather he be a special guest character. If I was a kid and still played with these instead of posed them...well, that story would write itself.

Predictions for comic con!

I'm saying we'll see everything released so far plus Sulu, Scotty, Data and Worf again(possibly with updates to the sculpt and accessories).

As far as new figures go, my guesses are:

Seven of Nine
Kirk's chair
Uhura
WOK Khan
WOK Kirk and Spock

Anything else would be crazy and overwhelming in a good way :)

Hot or Cold, Nanjin?

Went into my Den to show my Neighbor my Captain Picard (She's a big Trek fan) and his damn captain pips were gone.... wth

Apparently the glue didn't hold and they just fell off. He's ontop of one of my detolfs because they're currently filled and I'm waiting on another to come from Amazon, so it just fell on the hard wood floor. My Wife likes to keep a clean house so she had done a sweep of the den and it took 2 hours to find it lol.

I got it glued on tightly now but damn QMx.... the hell. Bad enough about the stains, now ****s popping off. If I hadn't found it, hell would have been raised to QMx.

Back