QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have become attached to these figures. I have taken tons of pictures with them. I can't just swap them out? They are like children!
You can have the better figures. I keep the ones that have brought me and those that enjoy my pictures so much joy over the years. They have a personality.

I have become attached to these figures. I have taken tons of pictures with them. I can't just swap them out? They are like children!
You can have the better figures. I keep the ones that have brought me and those that enjoy my pictures so much joy over the years. They have a personality.

I do not see why some people have severe problems with those figures. Of course, they are not perfect. That has been discussed here before.

Anyway, they are all far, far better than any custom figures I have seen so far. Light years better.

If new figures will show up, they will be better than the QMx ones, even new Kirks, Spocks etc. Nanjin knows.

But combining those "old" with "new" ones will be much less bothering than gathering private custom figures with QMx Trek figures.

Nanjin is fully aware that a recurring criticism of QMX was a failure to engage with the customers. I'm sure anything he does will be with a view to enhance the existing figures to keep as, many people happy as possible. Why force people to start again from scratch if you can provide variants, body upgrades, costume or equipment variants etc for use with Qmx?

Nanjin is fully aware that a recurring criticism of QMX was a failure to engage with the customers. I'm sure anything he does will be with a view to enhance the existing figures to keep as, many people happy as possible. Why force people to start again from scratch if you can provide variants, body upgrades, costume or equipment variants etc for use with Qmx?

Knowing Nanjin, any project of his involving Star Trek will undoubtedly mean improved figures.
Just look at the re-release of Kirk and Spock. It didn't go quite according to plan, as Kirk didn't get his new body and neither got the planned new head sculpts, but the uniforms and paint apps (as well as Spock's body) were all new and improved.

I only serve Trek fans. I have no interest in DC or Marvel or any other license (maybe BSG). Assisting QMx to obtain Wonderwoman and other WB licenses only because I wanted trek to continue.

I, myself, want my Trek figures to be upgrade able with available improvements at marginal or reasonable cost.

I have been in the position of a Trek figure collector instead of anything else all these years. My reasonaing process and intention in this venture ALWAYS start from a Trek Figure Fan standpoint.

The smiles your face when holding on to the figures are what I am looking for.

If for any other reasons, I would have given up many many years ago because whomever had Trek 1/6 without preparation would fail within 3 years or jump to another license and gave up trek (I said this way before 2015, and QMx did follow one of my scenarios. This can be found somewhere in this site.

I love marketing in college years, and spent my leisure time studying marketing concepts and companies execution as daily enjoyment (just like reading comics). I even stop studying finals when I reached upper division, and going down the Whats New on WSJ front pages were my daily discussion topics in the coffee shop at school.

Marketing is behavior science. It is a People's Tool. I am really excited to finally able to use these knowledge to better serve 1/6 Trek. I even contacted my old colleagues and alumni for advises.

Only 2 parties can stop this now. God or you guys (no demand)

Product
Price
Place (distribution)
Promotion
Production

The great Marketing 4 P's are my daily thoughts, and I run strategies and tactics senerios on a constant basis including shower time... the 5th P is not marketing related at all but leadership.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I, myself, want my Trek figures to be upgrade able with available improvements at marginal or reasonable cost.

This sounds like a great strategy for making new production more inclusive and organically connected to the original figures, rather than an abrupt division between the old and the new.

I know there have been calls for basic uniform sets so collectors can put together their own figures, especially since Star Trek has such a myriad of characters that it would be impossible for a company to produce them all as complete figures.

nanjin said:
The smiles your face when holding on to the figures are what I am looking for.

As I wrote in your questionnaire, the Trek figures do have a 'feel good' factor. :)

Most of the Star Trek collectors will most likely tend to hold on to the initial releases and simply add on with new ones. I guess its the fact that there has never been any high-scale 1/6 Trek figures prior to the QMX line. So there are considerably less finicky collectors willing to immediately dump the old for the new. Plus, even though not without some flaws, the QMX line has been pretty good and look fantastic on display.

Thank you Nanjin, for what we've received Bill-ok 2.jpg

and for the possibilities that the future may hold. Bill-ok 1.jpg

I don?t know how much you can or cannot share or how far things may be moving along but for planning and hoping purposes is there a good chance for new 1/6 Trek in 2021?

Using what I leant in college years, the process of collection should be enjoyable at before, during, and after purchase stages.

I had a strategy that I always used in my projects back in college and this enabled me to receive scholarship for mba:

?Romance the customers like dating with a dream mate. Every date is used for getting a Yes for the next date. (I got this idea from Romancing the Stone movie). Treat this dream mate the way he or she wanted to be treated instead of what I ?believe? is good or liked for him or her (research, interaction, etc.) This dream mate will eventually fall in love with you.

This is Marketing.

I do not see why some people have severe problems with those figures. Of course, they are not perfect. That has been discussed here before.

Anyway, they are all far, far better than any custom figures I have seen so far. Light years better.

If new figures will show up, they will be better than the QMx ones, even new Kirks, Spocks etc. Nanjin knows.

But combining those "old" with "new" ones will be much less bothering than gathering private custom figures with QMx Trek figures.

I came into Star Trek very late. Like, in 2015. Around that time Nanjin still was doing his personal figures. I figured, with this limited run, I'd have no chance to ever grab one of them, as I am not online 24/7 and might miss the announcement or whatever. I really worried about that.

Does anyone remember the Moebius ones that were presented around the same time? I would have even settled for those, even though they were not perfect. Still better than nothing.

So when it was announced that QMX was doing official ones, I was over the moon. Plenty for everyone to go around. No need to fret anymore. And I have taken tons of pictures and shared in here and elsewhere and made lots of people laugh with them. I can't and won't regret any of that. It has been a fun ride.

Admittedly, they do look a bit odd and plastic when naked. It never bothered me until I got an unofficial Logan and saw what a naked upper body could look and feel like.

I mean, compare this:

Patterns1.jpg

To this:

13 body.jpg 14 body.jpg

To be clear...while these figures are not ?perfect? I think any competent collector would agree that on the standard scale that one would use to evaluate 1/6 scale figures they sit in the ?Great? to ?Excellent? zone.
A couple of years ago the forum had a poll for best 1/6 scale figure of that year and the board voted Kirk number one.
Is McCoy too muscular...? yep...can I pick out bigger flaws with almost any other 1/6 scale figure released? Yep. Describing these figures as ?severely? flawed is simple ignorance.

I came into Star Trek very late. Like, in 2015. Around that time Nanjin still was doing his personal figures. I figured, with this limited run, I'd have no chance to ever grab one of them, as I am not online 24/7 and might miss the announcement or whatever. I really worried about that.

Does anyone remember the Moebius ones that were presented around the same time? I would have even settled for those, even though they were not perfect. Still better than nothing.

So when it was announced that QMX was doing official ones, I was over the moon. Plenty for everyone to go around. No need to fret anymore. And I have taken tons of pictures and shared in here and elsewhere and made lots of people laugh with them. I can't and won't regret any of that. It has been a fun ride.

Admittedly, they do look a bit odd and plastic when naked. It never bothered me until I got an unofficial Logan and saw what a naked upper body could look and feel like.

I mean, compare this:

View attachment 495563

To this:

View attachment 495564 View attachment 495565

I'm sorry, but that's a bit of a silly comparison.
Obviously, the QMX figures use bodies that are not meant to be displayed shirtless, as opposed to the Logan figure, which obviously is designed to show off its manly chest-hair. It's like saying Hot Toys' Superman would look odd as a shirtless Clark Kent because of its silver colour...
Figures that are designed to be displayed with their clothes on always look bad without their clothes on.
As a matter of fact, Nanjin has often spoken about his plans to have "wrap-around" Kirk use a special body.

As a matter of fact, Nanjin has often spoken about his plans to have "wrap-around" Kirk use a special body.
I know! I am patiently waiting for that one.

I grew up in East Germany. I never played with Barbies. I am compensating for that now, 30 years later, by taking off the clothes of my action figures. They would not be fully clothed in sickbay. And I have seen people in here complaining that they can't make their McCoy wear his medical shirt because of his elbow joints showing, which never bothered me.

And the Obama figure I own, they did not even use a black body underneat his clothes! If the sleeves ride upp too much, you see a white arm at which a black hand is attached. I had to photoshop it. That's just wrong.

green blood - Text.jpg

Sickbay1.jpg

Sickbay3.jpg

For Kirk's wrap around tunic a seemless body would be required, and a neckless head sculpt.

BTW I'd love to see bridge / quarter's chairs, components to build bridge or auxiliary engine room or transporter room or galileo scenarios, I have Kirk's chair, it would be amazing to have more furniture to build proper dioramas.

Using what I leant in college years, the process of collection should be enjoyable at before, during, and after purchase stages.

I had a strategy that I always used in my projects back in college and this enabled me to receive scholarship for mba:

?Romance the customers like dating with a dream mate. Every date is used for getting a Yes for the next date. (I got this idea from Romancing the Stone movie). Treat this dream mate the way he or she wanted to be treated instead of what I ?believe? is good or liked for him or her (research, interaction, etc.) This dream mate will eventually fall in love with you.

This is Marketing.

Quoting "The Galileo Seven" (sadly still lacking Scotty, and the Galileo shuttle interior):

a5tokkjb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes! That would be amazing![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BSG and most if not all other military based figures are easy as no brainer if Trek is tamed.

All founders in Strong 1/6 companies were from military figures production. This applies to manufacturing as well.

In 1/6 producers' circle, they called 1/6 military production as the Shaolin Temple kungfu training of 1/6. Those came.from 1/6 military were well trained.

For the same token, these founders will do whatever they can to put military figures production as far behind as possible.

This was why 1/6 Big Boss never considered touching Trek except SS with Wars (SS didn't manufacture back then)

Last edited:
For Kirk's wrap around tunic a seemless body would be required, and a neckless head sculpt.

BTW I'd love to see bridge / quarter's chairs, components to build bridge or auxiliary engine room or transporter room or galileo scenarios, I have Kirk's chair, it would be amazing to have more furniture to build proper dioramas.
Absolutely, a partial bridge would be awesome!

Back