QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very glad to have these figures on my shelf, big thanks to ninjin and Qmx!

a455a6da798c5cae4ca4a673e2239187.jpg

Last edited:
To Scifi67

Great! you have 'em all!

I'd love to see (and have) Uhura, TOS Koloth and Lt. Mira Romein (she's got quite the same curvey thighs as Uhura) and of course a red shirt as security guard.

I would let him speak for himself, but if Nanjin has left QMx, and quite a while ago, who is giving him heat for speaking?

"took" is past tense - "is giving" is present tense. You're misreading what scifi wrote.

"he took heat from QMx" - that doesn't really need any explanation at all - but anyway: "while he was working at QMx, he took heat"

"took" is past tense - "is giving" is present tense. You're misreading what scifi wrote.

"he took heat from QMx" - that doesn't really need any explanation at all - but anyway: "while he was working at QMx, he took heat"
I was told to Apologized once for Hurting someone's feeling here when I vented in around Feb of 2019.

...and some loved to give me lots of heat. I had a ?congressional meeting? when someone look straight into my eyes and said ?Trust needs to be EARNED,? while someone still owed me a 5 digit amount for more than year and I didn't even charge interest... then i was told to EARN trust [emoji28]

Once I was left with a 6 digit bill and I had radio silent when I asked for the funds to clear vendors bills. Ventors stood front of my office in china for the payments everyday (before CNY, they need to bring money home) They needed the money to put food on the tables. I paid.

Not only i never heard a Thank You, I was even accused of being NOT trustworthy. I used my own money to assist a friend without attaching obligations (the same amount could buy a Ferrari), and i wasn't trustworthy.

What was I going to stole? I just want to develop and to produce the best Trek figures. Whoever hired me to do Trek could very well just sit there and had his bankroll filled without using any brain cell.

?Let me do Trek, I will push you to be the 2nd largest producer in the world.? Thats what I said in 2016 Jan. I didn't even considered the salary because I was sure my monthly social allowance in Vegas matched up with what they could afford.

I secured production by June 2016
Produced 8500 figures after one year (if you include Firefly, i made 11500 heads)
Successfully enable them to catch DC and Marvels 1/6 attention by 2017.
Brought in NetDragon (the guy who has a Voyager as his office) for possible investment. They dropped the ball themselves and accused me of sabotaged ND interest. Heck, I hosted the ND parties (about 9 of them) with my own gratitude, and DJ (founder of ND) was my freaking personal friend. I didn't know what was their logic behind this. I brought the entire NetDragon management team into your office. Thats you turf, not mind. I passed the ball, they should make the basket themselves.

Lined up with iQIYI to support them in China market with a free 14 second spots every night for 6 months (HT is paying USD 150k per year on this) and they offended iQIYI because of inconsistencies of company policies.

Successfully shut down 4 stores who sold bootleg of their products in China in 2018.

To secure further quality improvements and efficiency, I built a 1/6 trek production for them with my own money so they could do everything in-house, and to secure worthy technicians, I even planned in training them in house so the company could do figures from other franchise without any problems but benefits.

Paid and pushed the production of Sulu, (I believe i offended someone by pushing really hard to do 2nd release of Scotty and Sulu)

All the above were to enable this company to be a major player in 1/6. I believe i did what I said. All I want was Trek. Nothing else. I have a responsibility to fulfill for my Trek friends. Never left my mind and always think like this for the past 10 years as evident from ALL my posts here in SSF.

My original employment includes my share of Trek stock.

I wanted 18 pieces of Kirk and Spock. Sent 5 emails with no reply. Even I produced these figures, I still need HQ authorization to keep stock. I had to fly into SDCC 2019, begged on my four for an entry ticket (they wouldn't give me a exhibitor pass because I wasn't working. Note: I hardly asked for international flight reimbusement), waiting 2 hours in line for 3 days before THE BOSS granted me an appointment to see him. For 18 pcs of Kirk and Spock, I was abused and humiliated. Imagine your boss refused to answer any of your call. This is a disgrace for anyone who takes pride of their work and loyalty.

Anyway, it was very frustrated working there. The productivity couldn't even compare to my group projects back in college.

Plans without execution are Thoughts. I only saw thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You did amazing work Nanjin, and if you?re ever again associated with any 1/6 company to produce figures, I once again offer my services for any 1/6 Alien figures while you do your Trek magic!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

You did amazing work Nanjin, and if you?re ever again associated with any 1/6 company to produce figures, I once again offer my services for any 1/6 Alien figures while you do your Trek magic!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Whoever can produce 1/6 Trek beside THAT company, i will knock on their doors and offer my service.

I have no doubt that 1/6 trek will be back with you, Nanjin, someday in the future. Some things, like they say, are just meant to be.

In the meantime, I genuinely hope QMx proves our assumptions wrong and fills its preorders and gets some other great figures out. But of course, hope and action are different things entirely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To me it's simple- Qmx wanted something for nothing. They had the talent beneath their nose but Trek, for whatever earthly reason, wasn't doing it for them. If this isn't the case, it's a mystery why a company would secure a license and go kicking and screaming all the way to produce product.
Qmx can keep renewing Trek forever apparently by producing a metal badge every other year. Unless CBS cares enough to demand more 1/6(yeah I doubt that) we are stuck.

What's truly mystifying is that Nanjin's plan benefited not only Star Trek, but a solid entry into the 1/6 business, so it's not as if QMX were betting only on Trek selling well, but a whole bunch of other possibilities. Who knows what their thinking was, or what they were looking at when making their decisions.
At any rate, I think 1/6 is a labour of love. I'm sure it makes money, but I'm sure you have to be passionate about it to really get into it, and maybe QMX don't really have that passion.

To me it's simple- Qmx wanted something for nothing. They had the talent beneath their nose but Trek, for whatever earthly reason, wasn't doing it for them. If this isn't the case, it's a mystery why a company would secure a license and go kicking and screaming all the way to produce product.
Qmx can keep renewing Trek forever apparently by producing a metal badge every other year. Unless CBS cares enough to demand more 1/6(yeah I doubt that) we are stuck.
I should joined Moebius instead....

No, actually you are misreading my point. I’m not referring to water under the bridge, at all. We’re talking about the possibility of Nanjin taking heat for news of today or tomorrow, are we not? Since Nanjin is now not employed by QMx but appears reluctant to presently divulge any news anyway, I was simply wondering. But if Nanjin feels he doesn’t need to explain, hey, that’s perfectly fine. I would accept that. Ideally I wouldn’t expect others to speak for me, though, so I would rather a rush of disciples not speak for the master unless the master indicated he could not speak for himself. But I was ready to declare this horse dead and gone to heaven.

If Nanjin is working on something now, leaking news of it prematurely, could scupper the deal. If companies know he is likely to spread information like this, they will not want to employ him in the future.

Nanjin is the ONLY reason we got the figures and accessories that we got, in spite of QMX.

I've been following his custom work for years and when I initially heard that he was involved with the production of an actual Star Trek 1/6 figure line, I knew we were going to get something special. For a while there, it looked like things were progressing positively. Unfortunately, Nanjin's passion could only go so far when dealing with an apathetic company.

I certainly wish the best for Nanjin in whatever endeavors he is involved in but I sincerely hope we have not seen the last of his involvement with a 1/6 Star Trek figure line.

Back