QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worf and Riker made it to a show a few years back and have never been shown again. Those 2 appear to be forgotten

View attachment 461817

View attachment 461818

View attachment 461825

View attachment 461819

View attachment 461824

View attachment 461820

Their Star Trek display seemed like an afterthought. On a shelf near the cash registers, not in the middle of their booth where all the other new(ish) stuff was displayed. Was pretty odd and like half of what they had last year. I really can see how there's some disconnect between Nanjin and QMx.

On another note, QMX must really do well with their Q-Figs, like Mezco and NECA have ok booths but QMx has a NICE booth, great lighting, has a second floor for staff, so 'inside' feels more inside of a room, and they had a ton of Q-Figs for sale. They come off as a much bigger company, but I really only know their 1/6 stuff and that lately hasn't really been much to talk about. I don't know anything else they do besides Q-Figs, so I'm assuming that's it?
Everyday when I pass by behind them, I couldnt help but stop and look at them....

Someone needs to post them better [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I don’t know what everyone’s complaining about, I think adding Justin Bieber to the line will pull in younger fans:

11b92c0bb629d98856e5fe165acd52f4.jpg
6f2fdc18a2fbcac554febe0452ac2686.jpg

I mean, Chekov looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is wrong with Data’s eyes?
If this is the “ Prototype “, I am
not going to have high hopes with
the “ production “ version with Data :(

Damn ...

That Geordi looks great to me. I'd happily order him[emoji2].

Something weird is going on though. I feel like Nanjin is making the figures and QMX is just saying no a lot[emoji53]. We had momentum with Scotty and Sulu coming so soon after and now we are in another lull. I hope the Picard show coming will help push Seven and Data into production at least.

I wonder if Laforge and Data pop up more often because they aren't having the red uniform stain issue.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

That Geordi looks great to me. I'd happily order him[emoji2].

Something weird is going on though. I feel like Nanjin is making the figures and QMX is just saying no a lot[emoji53]. We had momentum with Scotty and Sulu coming so soon after and now we are in another lull. I hope the Picard show coming will help push Seven and Data into production at least.

I wonder if Laforge and Data pop up more often because they aren't having the red uniform stain issue.

The issue is solved.

It is? Awesome! Bring on Riker. This might be asking too much but is it at all possible to have Riker's legs have extra possibility so we can do the Riker maneuver?[emoji16]

I was really looking forward to an update on TWOK Kirk and Spock and all TNG figures. Since TOS seems to be moving along I figured even if Uhura and Checkov weren’t shown there was at least a QMX plan for them at this point. The lack of TWOK and Riker and Worf make me think they may not even be in the discussions for 2020 releases. Hopefully I am wrong. I know Nanjin is doing everything he can but at the end of the day it is a QMX business decision (license requirements might play a part too).

Nanjin is awesome...QMX is frustrating...I am sadly convinced that we will actually get Uhura and Chekov...before the line completely dies with absolutely no further releases...no movie figures...no more TNG...or any other figures from any of the other series...hopefully after QMX starves the line to death (which is really sad as mainstream interest in Star Trek is probably the highest that it has been on over a decade) someone else will pick up the lapsed rights and Nanjin too so we can actually see his vision outside of Facebook photos and on our own shelves...shocking that QMX wants to squander all of the amazing Star Trek excitement that has formed throughout this weekend alone.

Nanjin is awesome...QMX is frustrating...I am sadly convinced that we will actually get Uhura and Chekov...before the line completely dies with absolutely no further releases...no movie figures...no more TNG...or any other figures from any of the other series...hopefully after QMX starves the line to death (which is really sad as mainstream interest in Star Trek is probably the highest that it has been on over a decade) someone else will pick up the lapsed rights and Nanjin too so we can actually see his vision outside of Facebook photos and on our own shelves...shocking that QMX wants to squander all of the amazing Star Trek excitement that has formed throughout this weekend alone.
I always imagine the Trek smiles on your face.

This is my salary.

I always imagine the Trek smiles on your face.

This is my salary.

Nanjin,
I think you've made many, if not most of us extremely happy. I never thought I would see the day that I could own an entire 1/6 TOS bridge crew and even a working Captain's chair! Would we like more TREK? Maybe better sculpts here and there? Of course, but this doesn't at all diminish what we have gotten so far! Maybe the release and probably success of the new PICARD series will encourage QMX (or someone else) to go further with the TREK characters. I just hope you are involved!

Nanjin,
I think you've made many, if not most of us extremely happy. I never thought I would see the day that I could own an entire 1/6 TOS bridge crew and even a working Captain's chair! Would we like more TREK? Maybe better sculpts here and there? Of course, but this doesn't at all diminish what we have gotten so far! Maybe the release and probably success of the new PICARD series will encourage QMX (or someone else) to go further with the TREK characters. I just hope you are involved!
I think I am the only one in this world who would do anything so I can image those smiles. Thank you.

To tell the truth, I have been conducting Focus Groups for the Trek figures on social media all these years. If you noticed, most of my posts stimulate readers to response to the presented figures.

This is why I said you guys are the developers. I looked and examined most if not all the comments.

80% of the income generated by 20% of the customers. I know this well. The improvements are mostly based on the comments. Quietly reading them in the streets of Hong Kong, alone, like reading letters from home.

Last edited:
I think I am the only one in this world who would do anything so I can image those smiles. Thank you.

To tell the truth, I have been conducting Focus Groups for the Trek figures on social media all these years. If you noticed, most of my posts stimulate readers to response to the presented figures.

This is why I said you guys are the developers. I looked and examined most if not all the comments.

80% of the income generated by 20% of the customers. I know this well. The improvements are mostly based on the comments. Quietly reading them in the streets of Hong Kong, alone, like reading letters from home.

Just thought I'd also offer my thanks to Nanjin as well - thanks for your passionate support of this franchise!

I missed out on the sold-out first run of 1/6 Kirk and Spock, so I'm very happy to be able to get back on board with the TOS crew and this re-release. Bought the Captain's Chair in advance so at least my new Trek shelf will have something on it before October! I agree with Jal76 - Star Trek interest is rising. I'm hoping the release sells like crazy and encourages QMX to increase output.

At least reissued Kirk and Spock should sell through very well and give QMX a shot in the arm on ST so they will go forward (I hope)

Nanjin you also have my thanks. I have been on this ride since the first big three you did years ago (at least the first that I know) and the 2nd and 3rd and . . . Thanks for letting us get a glimpse behind the curtain. I am hoping that the trek you are on lasts for a very long time. Just knowing you are out there working on Star Trek 1/6 brings a smile to my face.

Really appreciate Nanjin’s dedication to this line. I just wish there was more of a variety of characters from various shows. Really looking forward to some Next Gen figures and Seven of Nine. Hopefully we will see them soon!

Nanjin,

Thank you for everything. Your passion is always appreciated.

Will we be getting Uhura this year? It seems a shame to not have her with the crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanjin you also have my thanks. I have been on this ride since the first big three you did years ago (at least the first that I know) and the 2nd and 3rd and . . . Thanks for letting us get a glimpse behind the curtain. I am hoping that the trek you are on lasts for a very long time. Just knowing you are out there working on Star Trek 1/6 brings a smile to my face.
Thank you. You are one of those who were on this ride since 2010.

Glad to know the figures can bring smiles [emoji4]

Back